2019-08-25 17:06:12

Agreed Skylord.
Claw, well if I got your pointing, those stepped down. At least the ones who gave like 300 DFCs to random friends and stuff like that. But I must agree, the game is really not the same as it was before...

2019-08-26 08:40:40

I personally don't mine some of the recent changes like breaking bones, but some of those are really not worth it, for example making melee weapons slower and the constant bomming of the giftshop and gas station. I do not see the benefit it can bring to the playing experience. By the way the lag issue is still there albeit slightly better after Sam reboot the server yesterday. I think he owes the community here a lot of explanation of the recent changes that claims to improve on ping, but it actually made things worst.

2019-08-26 08:46:01

cmerry wrote:

I will honestly never understand people who keep coming back to this game and giving the dev money he doesn't actually deserve. Sure if you really wanted to you could talk about me having baught stuff from there before, but the difference is I don't play around the clock like some of you, in fact I bearly play at all, just login from time to time to see what's going on. If you want sam to actually do anything about your complaints you'd be better off just not playing his game for a while, not buying his crap, etc, because at the end of the day right now he doesn't actually have to give a crap because the money is just rolling in.

You know, there are just a few players buying from him due to PayPal restriction in certain countries. But those few people, they spend in hundred of dollars. That is why you see teleporters grenade and dfc growing in substancial amount this past 1 year. I can say ost of players easily can get dfc and teleporter in the game nowadays so long you have the mean to trade.
Sam has been enjoying his growing stream of income and hence why bother to fix the game when people are still paying? Perhaps, it is better to let it lag a bit in order to encourage more people to teleport instead of doing real playing.

2019-08-26 09:58:35 (edited by Giovani 2019-08-26 10:42:18)

About a STW, I have finnished played this game, because of some stupid and arrogant people there. I don't want to mention those people. Ofcourse, some people from this game helped me a lot, but mostly, there are some strange, rude and arrogant people.
This is just My view about this game.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-08-26 12:26:41

Well, I played 3 years ago, then took a berak, came back again some months later, took a huge break again and then came back nowadays. The community has changed a lot since then, although I don't really check the english OOC. But I can fully agree, that time when those people were around was insane. I also won't mention names but I guess everyone knows one of these people was even banned from here, too. There was a time when some players talked about him while he was near on the map, they all stated the truth about his unfair and unacceptable behavior and powerhungry being, and of course, misusing his rank, he, as expected, dennied everything and I guess if they continued he even would have banned them for good. Nowadays it's a bit different, the admin team changed a bit, don't really know anyone from the community except my friend, but she never took part in this drama.

2019-08-26 12:30:57 (edited by haily_merry 2019-08-26 12:41:37)

@MasterOfDeath, I find your replies quite amusing. If I received criticism on one of my games for whatever reason I would do my best to hear the other person out and reply, specially if it was a paid product. You probably know by now I don't respond well to a lot of people and tend to snap at people like simter who just like to bitch about every game under the son for whatever reason, but in general I try to hear people out, something this developer rarely at all does.
I will end this post by rehashing one of my erlier points. If you want this dev to take you seriously, stop paying for his games, supporting him by paying for his crap, etc, because unless you force him to come out of the woodwork like what happened last year with people decrypting the sounds he won't do anything.

2019-08-26 12:39:57

Of course, I agree with that though. I even don't have money to support him, but seriously this game is not the same as it was. Maybe I was too harsh, and I apologize for that, I just didn't understand the point of it, but now I do.

2019-09-12 08:36:44

Any update on the server lag issue? It seems there made some internal changes but not mentioning what it is.

2019-09-12 15:25:39

I've not noticed any major changes, like less lag and stuff like that.

2019-09-12 16:23:46

The next major update will be released in 2021.

2019-09-12 17:20:00

cmerry, haha, good one.
I have heard and have seen Sam online, and he said that he is working on STW, though I am not sure as to what he is doing, exactly.

2019-09-12 19:08:10

LOL once I was talking with my friend about what new features he would put in the game. And we found the most brilliant one ever, which would get on everyone's nerves, just like the weather system, and it's even horrible than the bone breaking thing. It would be like if your food is older than 1 day in game, it would be rotten and you wouldn't be able to eat it anymore. I would immediately ragequit then big_smile

2019-09-13 00:36:03

@MasterOfDeath yeah i would too.

2019-09-13 12:30:47

1. Lag should be back to normal, or even better [difficult for me to judge how it is for other people, but for me it seems fine now...] and this for a while now.
2. the main purpose of those explosions is to stop people from clustering around the buildings with the most valueables in them, just to make it a bit more fun for everyone to maybe find something in the process.
3. lag was not ment to be there, and certainly not to slow down things. the last time things were slowed down was ... i don't even remember.
4. the quest was disabled because several people thaught it would be good to develop scripts to cheat and gain a high amount of points... so go and thank those people who ruined it for all of you...
5. i find it funny that people always state: in the old days it was better, but seemingly fail to exactly point out what it was in the early days that drew them in. was it their friends [if so, than i can't really do anything about it, now can i] was it the content [depending on what it is, it can always be thaught over and or fixed, after all we do have a suggestions list now].
6. cutting yourself while cleaning animals: you're not a butcher, so in all likelyhood you lack the expirience to propperly skin, gut and otherwise clean up dead animals. It is also ment, to make sure you try a bit of variation as not to sit there all day long mindlessly cleaning stuff without paying too much attention to health or so...

That's all for now... but feel free to reply.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2019-09-13 14:15:36

i do wonder though. when the weather system was implementet, i remember that one of the arguments was that the game was supposed to be realistic. next update. say hi to the mutated wolfs. to make it clear i think the weather system could be nice enough but why does it have to be such a pain in the ass. it's really ruining the game, at least for me.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-09-13 14:59:36

Not the weather system for me, it's the damn new animals. You litterally have to be like Cina to be able to kill some of those, well when you're still learning how to.

2019-09-13 15:11:22

oh you mean the lions and stuff? Yes they are hard, but they are ment to be that way... You don't have to be anyone but yourself, and practice makes perfect. Best thing you can do: hunt near trees, that way you can always escape if you're afraid.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-09-13 15:23:14

criticview wrote:

1. Lag should be back to normal, or even better [difficult for me to judge how it is for other people, but for me it seems fine now...] and this for a while now.
2. the main purpose of those explosions is to stop people from clustering around the buildings with the most valueables in them, just to make it a bit more fun for everyone to maybe find something in the process.
3. lag was not ment to be there, and certainly not to slow down things. the last time things were slowed down was ... i don't even remember.
4. the quest was disabled because several people thaught it would be good to develop scripts to cheat and gain a high amount of points... so go and thank those people who ruined it for all of you...
5. i find it funny that people always state: in the old days it was better, but seemingly fail to exactly point out what it was in the early days that drew them in. was it their friends [if so, than i can't really do anything about it, now can i] was it the content [depending on what it is, it can always be thaught over and or fixed, after all we do have a suggestions list now].
6. cutting yourself while cleaning animals: you're not a butcher, so in all likelyhood you lack the expirience to propperly skin, gut and otherwise clean up dead animals. It is also ment, to make sure you try a bit of variation as not to sit there all day long mindlessly cleaning stuff without paying too much attention to health or so...

That's all for now... but feel free to reply.

All I have to say is slippery slope.
If you wanted this game to ever be realistic, well sorry but you really burnt that bridge a long time ago.
Cutting yourself when gutting animals? I'm sure people would be fine with it so long as it happened as a result of you fucking up or something, not based on a number generated with BGT's random number generator.
I can't really comment on the lag because I haven't played in a long time now, but I completely agreed with whoever commented on the mutated wolves. Like just what? I'm also fairly sure kiodys or however the heck they're spelled don't actually exist, I may be wrong though.
Also if we really want to go down the path of realism, the sun system is hardly realistic. I'm pretty sure in real life you can't get your facing direction from the sun, or at least not very acurately and it would take a lot longer than it does in this game. Then there's the weather system which has too many issues to list, and which countless people have braught to your attention on multiple acasions.
I could sit here all day and right up issues with all of your arguements, but luckily for you I neither have the time or the energy to do that at the moment. I have also not played stw in almost a month, and don't plan on regularly playing any time soon until sir tupy gets his act together and, gasp, talks to his players!

2019-09-13 15:38:34

@ty. yes. those animals are fucking craisy. but you don't have to go near them. therefor it's not a big deal for me.
wait actually. why are lions so hard to kill then you get nothing from doing it. you can't cook them or anything. just, why?

2019-09-13 16:09:25

coyote on wikipedia
As for the animal cutting: there's just no way for people to make mistakes, after all what can you do wrong with pressing t, so it's just living with the limitations. that's all
Mutations? why not, we do have a radiated city after all, so why no crazy freaking scientist who exploits things, and is the brother of our beloved don henway...
And let me get this straight: you lack the energy to serve up a good reply, but not to throw knives at fellow devs, because that seems to be the easy thing to do right?

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-09-13 16:12:06

Sovs wrote:

@ty. yes. those animals are fucking craisy. but you don't have to go near them. therefor it's not a big deal for me.
wait actually. why are lions so hard to kill then you get nothing from doing it. you can't cook them or anything. just, why?

If there's any way in real life people eat lion, i'd be glad to hear about it. For the polar bear i do have a few ideas of things to do with it, that goe away from the traditional cook and done... but i'm still looking for ideas for the other animals, after all, we already have more than enough ways to make simple meat.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-09-13 16:24:38

The hard to kill animals, well some of them spawn in the mainland, where newbies spawn. The mainland if supposed to be a place where players can get to learn the mechanics, and get ready to go out into the big world, not die in 15 minutes. But then again, what the hell do i know.

2019-09-13 16:24:52

but you can eat bears and wolfs? i mean it wouldn't surprise me but i never hird about it.

2019-09-13 16:30:02

what hard animals are we talking about? the only ones that are there are coyotes, bears, and pythons (wich if you avoid the weed, are harmless)

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2019-09-13 16:48:26

The problem is not really with the animals, cause you can simply avoid them. But rather with the lag. A few weeks ago I visited the village, as I entered it wrote I elt really hot, so I had to use my fan. At the same time a mutated something came, but since I couldn't hear any sounds because it lagged so much, the animal simply killed me and took away a DFC from be, NOT by my mistake, but cause of the lag. So that's why I decided not to visit the village again until 1. it gets removed, 2. the lag will be reduced.