2020-01-16 18:02:07

First off, at draq: well, the same hurt goes through our "fingers" "ideas" what ever you would like to call them. It allmost sounds like one might think we enjoy, limiting game functionality to prevent cheaters from ruining it, but that's the opposit of the truth. If there'd be any other way, and trust me, we've thaught long and heard, finding several systems, one crazyer than the other, but it just wasn't that pheasable, so in the end, we dropped on the ceperate lists.

Now to deathstar and frankz... it seems a clarification is in order... Every account, I personaly traided, both as admin and regular player, can be traced with paypal receits... yes you hurd that right, paypal receits... indicating there was no such thing as getting stuff for free, but rather having to cough up every single us cent leading to each and every transaction made from my email address through paypal.
Besides, to be blunt, be glad we don't yet have to pull a swampy to stop cheaters... Oh, we defenately could have, and trust me, it would have made admin life easyer by lots... but at least I personaly, believe in a game where paid and free contents can live together happaly, only if, people really start to behave ...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2020-01-16 22:22:45

Good luck with that. Considering how that game's going. I really doubt people will start to, behave.

----------
Hmm... The truth of mysteries. I truely wonder. Don't you wonder?
The wonder of all the human life. Who are you? Do you know?
Can you face yourself? Understand who you are?

2020-01-16 22:33:02

STW seemed like a cool game but yeah... MR. Sam has some better priorities than players. You guys have to admit to yourselves that no good MMOs exist for the blind, unless you want to play something from the East.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-16 23:14:49

Sadly I think nuno is correct. While I fully admit I've been way too harsh on this game and Sam in the past and I'm not proud of it, it does seem like this game is going down hill fast, has been ever since 2017 / 2018 really, and that's truly saddening to see. I myself once paid for my account, including several upgrades I bought, including ones bought before the stw credits system was introduced and items were generally a lot more expensive, and sadly I think we all know where that money went. That said, I do hope Sam can find piece in himself some day and that the past actions of myself and several immature others will not effect his future, both in and out of game development.

2020-01-17 07:30:58

you guys are such whiners man lol....just play the game for what it is....if a paid account has more items than a free account so what, just grind and get more items....these games like stw rtr red spot, and swamp go down hill because you guys, cheat, cry and whine about updates, and poute over bands that were probably deserved for breaking rules....there are days where I find the whining and bitching hilarious and entertaining, and then there are other days where it just gets on my nerves, welp today is one of those days where it makes me want to toss my laptop out the window, so moral of the story is, stop the damn whining for a few days, until I can just laugh about it

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2020-01-17 08:50:25

Please, please try the game at least once, Smoothgunner. And then you'll see what we are talking about. I'm not whining, because I loved the game, I was literaly addicted until 2018. And then everything changed. Sam always says players worth for him a lot, but until he gets money from them, sadly.
And items weren't more expensive, Hailey. Credits are just converted, I mean, 15 dollars equal 1500 credits. It's the same, because you spend the same 15 dollars when you buy those 1500 credits.

2020-01-17 09:14:39

Hi.
I have a payed account, but after Sam chose to leave the forum, then I don't see any reason for coming back to the game. Also, I don't wanna deal with the unballanced things like people easily get killed because of animals or because of extreme temperature changes. The game was nice long time ago. It feels like Sam doesn't listen to the community, especially after he decided to leave this forum. So, I have other games to spend my time on. But I'm glad at leased some people still enjoy the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-01-17 09:29:16

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
I have a payed account, but after Sam chose to leave the forum, then I don't see any reason for coming back to the game. Also, I don't wanna deal with the unballanced things like people easily get killed because of animals or because of extreme temperature changes. The game was nice long time ago. It feels like Sam doesn't listen to the community, especially after he decided to leave this forum. So, I have other games to spend my time on. But I'm glad at leased some people still enjoy the game.

I don't really see what leaving the forum has to do with anything, and there's still several of the admins online.
Everything is just so relative though, temperature system being harsh, depends on when you play or have played. With longer days there's a higher chance of recovery, and yes, i've actually had the pleasure of thinking i was about to die... and so on.
Animals wanting to kill you, depends on wich animals you're talking about.

A few changelog entries, to close this post:
Added an option in the options menu to disable or enable behind pitch decrease, useful especially when HRTF is disabled (Thanks amine).
Fixed a bug that would cause restarting your client to cause you to automatically pop out of the water (Thanks amine).
You can now hold down the up and down arrow keys in the inventory to scroll quickly through items thanks Masonian for the suggestion.
Updated the Turkish language file thanks fedai for sending it.
You can now use a branch to swing it as a weapon (Thanks techgamer!)
Added a /pktimer command to check how much time is left on your pk timer (Thanks Buzzbegone!)
Added Kazakh as a chat language (Thanks AdilUralbaev!)
Added Nepali as a chat language (Thanks enver and aaditya!)

So wait, where was that "not listen to players statement again"?

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-01-17 09:33:23

I feel sorry for Sam though. It couldn't be easy for him. But money made him to think too much about himself so he can charge more and more by limiting his players. I'm sorry, but that's not the right attitude that I'd expect from a developer.
And, admins? Seriously? Those admins were previously in Jimmy's gang so what do you expect from them?

2020-01-17 09:44:34

@smoothgunner , lol do you even play the game, my guy? go ahead and try once

2020-01-17 09:44:52

Sorry for my erm, stupid question, but I haven't played the game for ages. What's the difference between a free, and a paid account anyways?

2020-01-17 14:43:26

Hi.
@criticview: Thanks for your reply.
Regarding Sam has left the forum: I don't think that's a nice way to expect that you as admins brings all the feedback to him from the forum, because he doesn't wanna chime in and reply himself. that could feel like he doesn't care.
Regarding being killed by animals: I've seen multiple times in this topic that people complain about that. They complain about getting killed by the wolfs in the village. But, it might not be such a serious issue as it sounds like. I'll admit I haven't tried.
If he listened to all the feedback, then he would also reply on the money issue that people are complaining about.
Well. Maybe I should log in to try all this for myself. But if there was nothing to all this, then people wouldn't complain, would they?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2020-01-17 14:57:14 (edited by criticview 2020-01-17 15:02:09)

Deathstar wrote:

I feel sorry for Sam though. It couldn't be easy for him. But money made him to think too much about himself so he can charge more and more by limiting his players. I'm sorry, but that's not the right attitude that I'd expect from a developer.
And, admins? Seriously? Those admins were previously in Jimmy's gang so what do you expect from them?

I wouldn't call it Jimmy's gang but rather smoke's. And, speaking in terms of admins, not in terms of person, 2 out of 3 defenatly were worth it, unless several things were swiped under the carpet.
I can tell you this much though: to my impressions, you're totally mis hitting the ball here. Nothing became more expensive what so ever, unless you got the first credit list stuck in your head, then yeah, you might still be angry... but between then and now, there's a lot of difference. And thinking about himself? Just how in your opinion. I see lots of pinting fingers, but i see no rofmulated reason behind them.

slj wrote:

Hi.
@criticview: Thanks for your reply.
Regarding Sam has left the forum: I don't think that's a nice way to expect that you as admins brings all the feedback to him from the forum, because he doesn't wanna chime in and reply himself. that could feel like he doesn't care.
Regarding being killed by animals: I've seen multiple times in this topic that people complain about that. They complain about getting killed by the wolfs in the village. But, it might not be such a serious issue as it sounds like. I'll admit I haven't tried.
If he listened to all the feedback, then he would also reply on the money issue that people are complaining about.
Well. Maybe I should log in to try all this for myself. But if there was nothing to all this, then people wouldn't complain, would they?
Best regards SLJ.

Well, if there's really something valuable in a form that is not just "this burger sucks." but rather "this burger sucks because first of all, the meat tastes like it's from a plastic pig rather than a real one, the tomatoes probably were boiled rather than fresh....." then there's a good chance one of us picks it up and throws it in in game suggestions so we have it all written down somewhere.
And yes, expirience is the best way... Because, yes, animals kill you in the village, but there's a patern to them, as is with all of the animals... like, you're not going to sleep on the ground in the bear forest either, unless you want to become bear lunch... or if you're teleporting to the windywolf forest, you're usualy wearing a shield because of the name alone... big_smile
Everything does boile down to both expirience and skill and so on too. Like, if you're new to the game, and turn off your newbie flag because you want to get gifts because you've hurd they're awsome... but you fail to notice your health getting drained in the burning building because you skipped that part of the text, ir just ignored it, or only listened with half an ear... well, you're going to probably snuff it ... and then I ask you: is it the game's fault for doing that, upon wich i have to answer: no, because the texts both at the giftshop door as well as in the teleporter warn you of this...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-01-17 17:25:26

Criticview, the thing is that we don't get killed cause of being inexperienced, but due to lag, the unbalanced weather and energy system, the slowness of items, limitations, lack of dfcs (of course because some of us aren't paid), should I mention more?

2020-01-17 17:37:33

Hmm, makes sense. Then I should properly give it a try again.
What about the lag @Deathstar is talking about? How to escape from the airplane which throws bombs which got mentioned on the previous page?
I really like that branches can be used as weapons.

Best regards SLJ.

2020-01-17 17:42:52

To escape? Move to a different map, I guess. But the problem is the following: maps are waaaay waaay too large. If you are standing nearly in the center and airplanes wanna catch you, let's take that you have 1000 energy. You start running towards a border. You won't even reach half way because your energy will be 0, and what happens then? You instantly sit down and fall asleep, because the guy thought it's realistic. And after you managed to fall asleep, airplanes will happily catch you.

2020-01-17 19:57:56

Now why on earth, and yes, spoilers ahead, would you run accross the whole village if you have several buildings near you... you can track each building with fragile wood barrier, so that shouldn't take too long. In places where there's no such thing as seperate buildings, wooden or fancy shelter anyone? and run, why don't you bike, goes a bit faster. drink an energy drug for good measure, and off you go... none of those, spend a while in the hospital, and you'll get some... don't want to, get some coins and buy cigs... or dig in trashcans till you find some, then get some gifts for fluid, and go to the gass station for a lighter. and you're all set...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-01-17 20:26:27

Oh yes, all of this, a paid account can freely do.

2020-01-17 22:17:54

dude ... seriously... a free account can do that too... energy drugs go up to 1000 energy only, so feel free to free acount that as often as you want. yes, free accounts have an energy limit. but don't tell me you didn't think about smoking a cig to get as close to 1000 as you could, or even get back to 1000 after you've depleated yourself ... so i don't see the point in aruging that paid accounts can do things freely, while free accounts are as free to do those things as everyone else, only slightly limited. if you don't want to get such limits, then pay an account and be done with that. and don't come over with but but but no paypal etc... consider this then: how are people in the same situation as you getting a swamp account or anything else... for everything are sollutions.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-01-17 22:29:28

@Socheat: The difference between a paid account and a free one is that a paid account has an unlimited inventory, can buy more things using STW points, and has a slightly higher gift limit per day when getting gifts from the fishing village. Paid accounts also won't be deleted when they have less than five characters in their names, but free accounts will. I think that's everything.

Also, the following was going to be a part of a suggestion in response to the message of the day that I was going to send with /suggest, but for some silly reason, newbie accounts can't suggest, even if the account is paid. Sorry, but I'm not turning off my newbie flag just to suggest something. I already proved that I'm not a cheating spam character bent on ruining the game for everyone by having a paid account, so why this limitation?

When I say pay-to-win, I'm talking about people being able to buy things such as survival packs, energy/health drugs, gifts, shelters, etc. It eliminates the need to gather and craft things for people who pay, and the people who can't or don't wish to pay have to grind a lot more to keep up with people who throw their money around. People who pay can kill more things, get energy faster, have more items, etc. Those who can't or don't pay have to compete with others to get some of these items that can be bought. I mean, someone can run through the buildings in the village and take everything that spawns, and then someone else can come along and risk dying trying to find things that aren't there because someone took them all. Meanwhile, someone else is happily buying things instead of, you know, playing the game to get them. I'm not as concerned about the death free cards, unlimited inventories, and teleporters.

My suggestion for spam characters, though, is to require people to provide a valid email address if they don't want their account to be deleted and be able to buy more things with STW points, and the game can then send a code that they would have to paste in to verify that the email address is valid. There are disposable email addresses of course, but it should be easy enough to get a list of those and check against that list. This isn't a perfect solution and a free account could still have limitations, but making someone pay to prove that they're not a spammer is kind of silly in my opinion. Having email addresses on file could also facilitate retrieving lost passwords, which is impossible right now, unless you can contact Sam and passwords are in plaintext.

2020-01-17 22:53:57

Draq wrote:

@Socheat: The difference between a paid account and a free one is that a paid account has an unlimited inventory, can buy more things using STW points, and has a slightly higher gift limit per day when getting gifts from the fishing village. Paid accounts also won't be deleted when they have less than five characters in their names, but free accounts will. I think that's everything.

Also, the following was going to be a part of a suggestion in response to the message of the day that I was going to send with /suggest, but for some silly reason, newbie accounts can't suggest, even if the account is paid. Sorry, but I'm not turning off my newbie flag just to suggest something. I already proved that I'm not a cheating spam character bent on ruining the game for everyone by having a paid account, so why this limitation?

When I say pay-to-win, I'm talking about people being able to buy things such as survival packs, energy/health drugs, gifts, shelters, etc. It eliminates the need to gather and craft things for people who pay, and the people who can't or don't wish to pay have to grind a lot more to keep up with people who throw their money around. People who pay can kill more things, get energy faster, have more items, etc. Those who can't or don't pay have to compete with others to get some of these items that can be bought. I mean, someone can run through the buildings in the village and take everything that spawns, and then someone else can come along and risk dying trying to find things that aren't there because someone took them all. Meanwhile, someone else is happily buying things instead of, you know, playing the game to get them. I'm not as concerned about the death free cards, unlimited inventories, and teleporters.

My suggestion for spam characters, though, is to require people to provide a valid email address if they don't want their account to be deleted and be able to buy more things with STW points, and the game can then send a code that they would have to paste in to verify that the email address is valid. There are disposable email addresses of course, but it should be easy enough to get a list of those and check against that list. This isn't a perfect solution and a free account could still have limitations, but making someone pay to prove that they're not a spammer is kind of silly in my opinion. Having email addresses on file could also facilitate retrieving lost passwords, which is impossible right now, unless you can contact Sam and passwords are in plaintext.

A few things to be straightened up:
1. the misconception that paid accounts are here to prevent spam. In a certain way, maybe yes, but also because by buying an account you obtain the formentioned advantages, as well as you indicate you are obtaining the items in a fair way (not that paid accounts never cheat, otherwise we'd have no work left...), and, you're also safe from deletion even if you're inactive for a while. essentially you're also paying for your account to become permanent unless banned or manually deleted.
2. i'm glad you explained your "pay to win", since now we can be sure we're at least on the same page. The energy boosts are actually just that, a boost to your current energy number, and that 3000 border does still apply for them. The same goes for health boosts btw. Survival packs can always, be distributed somewhere, but the fact that they are only in the pk map is to make it a bit harder to get full packs, unless you do quests... we might come up with a few new dropping points or so, feel free to suggest...
3. newbies and suggestions: it's not to annoy new peole, or yung accounts. but to prevent people creating accounts to suggest something utterly random... they'd probably still get banned due to spamming if it happened to that end, but it saves us as admins lots of work if there's a certain limitation involved.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-01-18 09:34:50

criticview wrote:

I wouldn't call it Jimmy's gang but rather smoke's. And, speaking in terms of admins, not in terms of person, 2 out of 3 defenatly were worth it, unless several things were swiped under the carpet.
I can tell you this much though: to my impressions, you're totally mis hitting the ball here. Nothing became more expensive what so ever, unless you got the first credit list stuck in your head, then yeah, you might still be angry... but between then and now, there's a lot of difference. And thinking about himself? Just how in your opinion. I see lots of pinting fingers, but i see no rofmulated reason behind them.

Is Akilor's gang around here? :d I think it is better not to identify them as Smoke's gang, Akilor's gang, SamTupy's gang etc etc. We would have more gang then because the game has gone through a lot of changes in terms of admin. And Btw, latest MOTD update for all:

Message of the day: OK so just so no one gets the wrong idea, the ideas I mention below are only to spark thought and to share some of what I came up with when considering this inflation thing, a couple are certainly not even good ones I just threw out some of what my mind came up with. Please don't panick or start thinking they're all going to happen or anything, I am only curious of opinion here and wanted to share some of the random stuff I came up with myself.
I'm curious about a certain type of suggestion in particular. We all know that STW's item inflation, mostly due to those with hundreds of DFCs, is off the charts. Regardless of what people may think, I never wanted that for this game. Though of course, we need a server and this game is my only income. I am curious and will be reading the /suggest log, if you were the owner of the game, what would you do to start the process of fair item deflation. Many people say, and currently I agree, that STW is very pay to win. I pretty much agree, though this was never my intention. But I'm curious, for those who think that, what defines winning in this game, and what would you do to solve the problem in a fair way? In my case, I don't really think it is possible to win in a game like STW, but it is more or less impossible to die with the right amount of DFCs, so maybe many people would think that winning is when you won't ever die. As for fixing the problem, some of my ideas include recoding the clothing system to make some clothing act as armor, doing what should have been done ages ago and make old food begin to rot, old pots begin to crumble, old dead animals becoming bacteria infested and other old items in other ways expire. I'd raise the prices of death free cards, but it would be unfair because of those who already purchased them at this price. In an ideal world, I would want the game set up so that a character could only have like 50 dfc's in their inventory, and so that they could only ever get new ones once every 24 or 48 hours. Or maybe somehow making it so that DFC's make you lose some of your items that you have in the greatest quantities if you die. At one point I even considered coding some sort of STW robbinhood, a certain beast that would attack only those players with absolutely crazy amounts of DFCs and items. It's an interesting topic, because so few ways exist to fix this problem in any kind of fair manner aside from making an entirely new game and starting over. I considered making this system where you could get stw points for trading death free cards to characters that couldn't get them. All sorts of stuff I've been considering, and I'm curious to see what other people have to say on the subject of item deflation in STW. Of course the game's most unrealistic point out of all of it's many is that the inventory is weightless and for paid accounts can hold an infinent number of items. I hate how STW isn't really a survival game anymore but is only an item collection game for anyone who has a paypal account and a lot of extra money. So I'm curious of people's suggestions. How do we not stop selling stuff because that would make people rage and it would eventually cause us to lose our server and things, NTM these paid accounts are the last line of defense with cheaters, but how do we also balance things better and fairly get rid of these insanely huge inventories in place for a better player balance and more realism. Keep in mind I'm not saying what will happen or even that things will, but while I'd of course like other suggestions to come in, I'm curious to see what people think on this subject, so please use /suggest with any thoughts and ideas on the matter!
I'm sure everyone is wondering what happened with JohnCina. Unfortunately, looking at logs showed some breaches of the administration rules that were enough to make us have to demote him for the time being. Details on these breaches will not be given, but it was enough to cause a demotion to happen. The delay in this message was because we wished to talk to him about these breaches in detail first before any public announcement was made. These were not very large breaches and there is no need for concern. But out of respect for Cina, we won't publish any details on what happened unless he gives us permission to do so, as the breaches weren't large enough to warrent that. On the other hand though, Amine, one of our old admins pretty well known, has agreed to return once again!
Please welcome Mastermind and Muhammad Jawaid to the administration team in the game. Remember to have piece in mind that there is severe logging on all new characters to insure that there will be no mishaps. We'd like to thank you all for your voting. There may be more in the near future. Certain commands are also restricted for them and the server has been entirely backed up. Please chat me on skype if there is any sign of something going wrong.
I am hoping in the very near future to have an instant attention function added to the game to make certain that I can be available as much as possible encase of a mishap with any new member to the game's team.
Thank you all for your pacients and participation. Also, be warned that there will still be automatic punishments for anyone who has tried abusing any of the systems put in place while this was going on. However the numbers are very clear, and we can safely promote all new members.
Please, remember to report ANYTHING amiss to sam.tupy1 on skype, or @samtupy1 on twitter.

2020-01-18 12:02:45

Thanks @Draq for answered my question.

2020-01-18 12:34:02

Regarding airplains. What if you have broken bones? That was pritty much what happenned to me. Broken bones and low energy. I didn't even know those retarded plains was a fucking thing. So i litterally had no chance. But i guess you will find a way to make that sound fair as well. Sigh.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-01-18 12:52:23

@criticview: Thanks for your answers. I see the game has become more challenging, and it is more normal to die than previous if you are unlucky that you don't have the items you need, or if you just don't pay attention. Long time ago, it was like most players never died, but it sounds like out from your replies, that it's more normal to die in this game after it has become more challenging.
Is there a way to avoid getting shelters destroyed by other players? I remember it takes a lot of resources to build a shelter. My shelters got destroyed a lot of times, and I lost the motivation to build new after a while. I read long time ago that you now can build multiple rooms in your shelters which sounds amazing, but not fun to spend hours on building a nice shelter just to find it destroyed a few hours later. Yeah, I know you can just choose to build your shelter where people wouldn't find it. I also know that if items doesn't get destroyed or reset from time to time, then it might fill up the server.

Best regards SLJ.