2019-08-03 14:59:59 (edited by threeblacknoises 2019-08-03 15:02:26)

This is a Recording of the ps4 exclusive game Catherine: Full Body, that releases September 3 in the US.
This recording was made using the playable demo released July 24.
The first part is just me messing around in the main menu.
The second part demos the new features in the game that would be of interest to blind people, mainly the autoplay feature.
It also has some gameplay of texting in the game.
The third part mainly demos the stage skip feature in the game, but also has some gameplay of the landing area that appears between each section of a stage.
I've skipped all the cutsceens as well, so you can hear me pausing the game and pressing square to skip scenes.
This demo is a special edit of game events, so the small parts of scenes you'll hear won't appear in the same order in the full game.
I hope you enjoy this small preview of Catherine: Full Body.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi … 2166612824
If you use autoplay, their are only three environments you need to traverse in order to play the game.
The Stray Sheep bar, the bathroom within the bar, and the landing area between sections of a stage.
All these environments are small, so finding your way around them shouldn't present much of a problem.
It's worth noting that unlike other 3D Games, this one can be played entirely with the D Pad.
If you want to try it for yourself, you can find the demo by searching for "Catherine full body" on the PS store website.
If you live in the US and have TTS on your ps4, you can download the game through your media library, or you can do it through the website to.
You'll need a psn account to do this, but here's how you'd get the demo.
First go to the ps store website.
If you're in the US, the link is
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
It might work in other places to...
Next, sign in to your account with the sign in button near the top of the page.
Once signed in, press the search button just below the account button and type "catherine full body" without the quotes, then press enter.
You'll see the demo in the results, just click on it, or click on any version of the game, then click "try free demo."
You'll be asked to confirm your purchase.
You aren't actually buying anything, this is just some weird legal thing they do.
Once done, you'll have the item in your download list.
If you've got TTS on your system, just head to your library, find the demo under purchased items, and press X on it to bring up the details, then press X again to start the download.
If you don't have TTS, just use your PC to press the download list button under your account, find the demo and click "download to ps4."
It's a 5GB Download, by the way.
If you have TTS, you can check the progress by holding down the PS button to bring up the quick menu and going to notifications.
Once you're done with the demo, it's quite easy to remove it.
Just press the options button while on the demo, go all the way down, then press up once and X then right and X.
Later!

2019-08-03 15:42:53

Hmm I wonder if we could do the puzzle parts. I have this on ps3 but the texting wasn't accessible.

2019-08-03 15:44:05

Autoplay? Was that specifically implemented for blind people? If so, we don't need that and other methods for accessibility should have been looked at.

2019-08-03 16:06:04

I dont think so. It's probably there for those who want to just get through the story. Texting is just as I remember it.

2019-08-03 17:43:24

Autoplay wasn't put in for us, just for those that hate puzzle games, though we can stil use it...
Texting has changed somewhat in the new version.
Now instead of pressing X, reading what writes out, then pressing X for the next part or Circle to change the first part, each response is now in a menu that you choose from.
So you'd first bring up the text you want to reply to, press square to reply, X again for some reason, then choose the response from a menu, read it, press X, get another menu, and so on until you reach the end where you pres up once to yes, then press X to send.
regarding questions, texting, and other prompts where we need to answer or choose something, any guide on gamefaqs or something similar would do the trick.
The only questions that don't wrap are the ones within the confessional, and those only have two choices, one on the left, and one on the right.
I suspect that most other questions only have two choices as well.
Later!

2019-08-03 18:28:51

I just wish there was a way to read text and choices without using ocr.

2019-08-04 16:01:33

@3 While I would often agree that other ways of accessibility should've been tested instead of skipping the puzzles, I really can't think of a way to play Catherine's puzzles at all when you're blind. I think that would be impossible. Not to mention most sighted people have a hard time even with easy difficulty.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-08-04 16:48:32

It might be doable if you're patient and good at mental mapping and memorization. There are already a lot of sound cues for things.

2019-09-25 18:47:20

I plan on getting this for sure later. This looks super neat.

Take care, it's a desert out there.