2019-04-28 16:22:41

what exactly are formations?

2019-04-28 21:22:47

They're just ways of organizing your trimps in battle that confer benefits and drawbacks, like one might multiply your health by 4x but halve your attack and block.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2019-04-28 22:44:01

I just opened the map settings with a button, and changed a few things, but now I can't access it again and I don't know what I did wrong or how to bring up the settings again. sad

2019-04-29 03:56:05

@Aaron77, yeah, auto storage is your friend especially for farming stuff. I@m just guessing as regards the anticipation timer from what I saw on the wiki, I haven't actually unlocked the perk yet, though I'll let you know when I do.

I'm currently on zone 86 and intend to clear 90 before I portal again, though I've only got 200 geneticists so far  with 600 nurseries, particularly since as I finished the trimp challenge this run I'll have the resilience perk next time around which should let my trimps survive at higher levels for longer, plus of course some additions to other handy perks like carpentry.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-29 06:30:10

my auto-storage could not have arrived at a better time.  Finals are in about a week, and I managed to get my hands on it yesterday, so now I can idle on a map for hours and hours and still progress at a decent rate.

These are my stats at the moment.
Zone Number: 86
World Cell: 8
Current Map: Bewitched Gardens
Current Map Cell: 3 of 25
Trimps: 39.9M Fighting, 110M owned, 100% full
Attack: 125Sp ATK, 1672% of Enemy Health
Health: 5.50Oc HP, -0.12% lost per Enemy Attack
Block: 13.5Sp
Food: 246Sx, 52.1% full
Wood: 432Sx, 45.8% full
Metal: 99.6Sx, 5.27% full
Science: 175Qa
Gems: 299Sx
Fragments: 534B
The farthest I've ever gotten before this point was zone 60, but with infinite patience, or rather, lots of other stuff to do, progressing through zones is a piece of cake.  I'm wondering if I could hit 100 before the end of finals week.  Also, the helium rewards are completely insane!

2019-04-29 12:35:40

well morning all. i'm finally at z18. god i really must finish this metal challenge today! the reason why i want to do it is so i can make purchasing upgrades slightly cheaper that's the pirk that it offers. right now i'm just wizzing round a mountain map to get metal as i really am having trouble progressing through the zones.

2019-04-29 14:25:26

wow aaron, how do you get so many attack? the farthest I've got is around 250 percent of their hp, with map bonus. will zone progression will be so much easier in the later stage?

I am currently doing a metal challenge now, and at zone 16, pushing my trimps with traps through zone 17 before I farm metal on mountain map again, haha

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2019-04-29 14:27:08

can i ask why you would want to use traps?

2019-04-29 16:13:36

I believe most of my damage at the moment comes from traps and achievements.  I think I was also being affected by an import that multiplied attack when I grabbed that.  I was also running a map two or three levels below my current zone iirc, which is why my damage was so high.
Traps are great.  If you increase the bate perk, you'll be able to grab more than 1 trimp every time you check a trap and it can be a viable alternative to breeding.  A challenge later on basically disables the ability for trimps to breed and you're required to get by with traps alone.  Fun stuff!

2019-04-29 16:36:08

right i see. so you in affect have to keep building traps. i get that now. yes i haven't put anything into bate yet.
upon completing the dimention of anger to do the metal challenge do i have to portal to make the reward take affect? or can i carry on with miners unlocked?

2019-04-29 17:00:40

Darren, I believe the miner and all of the speedminers will be unlock right after you complete the dimention of anger, so you don't have to portal again before your next challenge.

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2019-04-29 17:11:47

thanks for that. because i wouldn't mind going to or attempting to get to level 35 so i can do size. not only that it will help bring my helium up a little bit.

2019-04-29 20:42:04

can i leave the dimention of anger map, go get some metal from another map to upgrade some weapons then return to the point in doa where i left off? or would it start me there all over again?

2019-04-29 21:44:33

It'd start you again.
Though you could run to zone 22 to get some coordination upgrades, then smash DOA to bits.

2019-04-30 01:55:42

Okay, can anyone give me any tips on getting resources faster. I've done several balance challenges at this point, and made it to zone 60 all of once, out of sheer tenacity, because even with thirteen levels in Carpentry I was crawling uphill to get there. I immediately miss the boost to gathering from the balance stacks once it goes away. I end up with three or four tiers of prestiges I can't take advantage of because I don't have enough metal, even when I pile all my workers into mining. I know that after z60, Trimps breed and gather slower, but as I said, I've not gotten beyond z60 yet. I would like to this time, but not if it means waiting hours at a time for enough metal to build up that I can use to prestige my eq.

Also, is it worth spending enough metal to get each piece of eq to lv 9 every time? I know most prestiges are ten/eleven times better than the lowest level of the current tier, so I usually pack enough wood/metal into the eq to get it to level 9, unless I can aford the next tier already.

2019-04-30 02:26:59

You probably shouldn't pile all your workers into metal production before zone 60.  Food and wood is equally as important.  In fact, food may actually be more important just because building more tributes means faster gem production, and several high level buildings require large amounts of gems.
Wood is essential for gym upgrades, and for building hundreds of gyms.  I usually never take damage between zones 45-55, because you receive those gym upgrades every 5 zones.  The biggest problem is actually dealing damage, at least for me. 
How long would you say each of your runs is?

2019-04-30 02:47:29

A couple of days, longer if I'm pushing past z40. I did the Meditate challenge before this last Balance run and portaled at z 38 because I didn't see the point in continuing, but in all the Balance challenges before this one I pushed myself as far as I could, until I was making no headway through zones and could neither gather enough resources to prestige eq in a reasonable amount of time, or had no gems left to build enough collectors or other buildings to bolster my numbers of Trimps.

The only reason I would pile workers into one resource was because if I didn't, I'd be waiting for twelve hours for everything to fill up again, or one hour or more for just one upgrade, and that gets really dull after a while. Running maps doesn't seem to get me as much of a resource as I would like, even if I get a garden map and leave it running for a couple of hours at a highish level with loot maxed! I really feel like I'm missing something awesome that'll boost my production rate. And yes, I've got bounty. I only forgot it once after learning it existed.

2019-04-30 02:56:04

You could try using perky: https://grimy.github.io/perks.html
You export your save file, paste it into the text box and it will look at your perks and give you suggestions.  I like using it as a guide, though I don't ever follow its suggestions 100%.

2019-04-30 04:54:37

@Aaron77, I could never get perky to right work for me for some reason since I didn't really get those boxes, so I just tended to go with ideas.

@The Imaginatrix,  several suggestions. Firstly, as Aaron77 said, I always tend to be relatively even with my workers, since generally you need all resourcess for various things, since even at higher levels, lots of tributes are the way to get gems, and to assign many important workers like trainers, whilst wood is handy for gim upgrades and those all important gymistics. Usually I tend to have my workers evenly spread, and then run metal maps, plus I have heirlooms that give metal boosts.
As to how to up production, Carpentry  indeed your best bet. The wiki suggests putting half of all your helium into it, which I've found the best option myself, though there are a lot of useful perks.

Looting, motivation,  and when you have it meditation are all great production boosters and shouldn't be ignored. Also don't forget that shieldblock is only good for under zone 60.

Lastly, remember wormholes. If I'm intending to go past zone 60, I always buy the 25 wormholes,  helps me stay ahead of the increasing coordination costs for longer and uptodate with weapon prestieges, though if I'm just doing a pure farming run up to 60 and back, I'll generally not bother.

In general it seems the game is designed for you to need to farm up to zone 60 for a while completing many challenges before you can go on, and even going on will prove difficult, heck I admit myself often whether I portal or not is more dependent upon whether I can spend the couple of hours micromanaging a run up to zone 60, rather than whether my progress has slowed down  enough, which is why I tend to like to pick an arbitrary, number. Then again, one awesome thing about trimps is that its setup to be as idle or not as you want it to be, and you can be as active as you feel like, since if you are going to be busy for the next few hours, well you might as well just wait for that prestiege anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-30 06:23:20

With perky, you don't have to worry about most of the fields.  I think they're for more advanced things.  Just paste your save file, select your target zone and hit calculate.

2019-04-30 06:48:40

Ok I just finished zone 20 now, IT's time for DOA. I still have to wait to upgrading the eq though, and indeed metal challenge is not as bad as I thought, farming in maps is even quicker than setting up a bunch of miners, lol. And with not have miners to worried about, I manage to assign workers to trainer, farmer and lumberjack more than before, indeed I got about 100 trainers now, which I feel proud of since I got this much only when I reached around zone 26 before the reset big_smile

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2019-04-30 07:12:49

well i finally finished the metal challenge. so my next target is to reach z35 so i can portal and then do the size challenge.

2019-04-30 13:15:11

So I finished metal challenge around 5 hours ago and it was fun!

Now I am preparing my eq to the 6th tier, and god I hate this part, waiting so long for my forge to fill up and only get around 6 upgrades or so!

But anyway, I am sure I will progress through zones easier this time around big_smile

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2019-04-30 13:43:02

well at least now the metal challenge has been done you can make upgrades cheaper. that's why i want it. once i get to z35 and that's my currant target unless things get too difficult but once i get there i want to portal throw as much into making cheap upgrades as i can, do the size challenge. then go from there to see what's next.

2019-04-30 14:34:01

Darren, it is my idea too. Let's see how awesome this perk is, since the price of upgrade is getting more expensive without me able to catch up, haha

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english