2019-04-20 11:57:28

hi, how can i make sure i have the same gamesave on multiple machines?

2019-04-20 12:14:17

@Green-satellite, thumbs up for the tooltips on the perks screen, that will make life a llot easier especially if respecking is needed.

I've not seen any easter eggs myself yet, but then  as I've just passed zone 70 progress isn't as quick as it could be at the moment, still I'd like to hit zone 80 this time if I can, though I've not yet worked out what the best thing to do with geneticists is (I gather there is a perk that makes them a bit more useful but so far I've not  got what the ratio of geneticists to nurseries is to give a good increase on trimp stats).

As to tooltips generally, while the mouseovers are a wee bit inconvenient they're much more usable now since its possible to just check above the lvl 6 heading, and of course having clickable stuff on the screen is handy for things you don't want all the time, EG informational tooltips like clicking on the base breeding info to get the breakdown of your trimps breed  or the toggles for things like auto fight and later automations, indeed having those as extra buttons might be needlessly cluttered and just mean extra b presses for the player they wouldn't otherwise need, though of course making those checkboxes or radial buttons might work.

Thus far, I'm happy with the main screen as is, and I really like the auto reading. I would like to see some fixes for the map screens, EG headings for maps, clearer labels on the preset controls and perhaps an easier way to get to repeat settings, plus having propper close and confirm buttons for the portal, stats, perks and bone trader screens.

It'd also be nice if there was a stacks line for the summary for challenges that require them like decay, since that was really handy in balance runs.

You could consider adding some info buttons for the challenges on the portal screen, since thus far, having to arrow through the clickable challenges and then go up to read the description can be a trifle cumbersome when you've got many challenges,  to scroll through, though of course there are obviously lots of different challenges so creating buttons for all of them could be a lot of work.

Btw, is there a reason why there isn't an option, either on the portal screen itself or in settings to  hide completed challenges that do not give a helium reward?

Oh, and I think the accessibility of the game is definitely far enough a long for me to add it to the db, since while there is obviously more work to be done for matters to be comfortable, the work that has already gone into accessibility for Trimps is quite staggering and more people should definitely know about this game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-20 15:50:34

How do I get stuff to auto read? Tried it about a month back when accessibility first came out and really am not sure how to proceed after building my first few buildings.

2019-04-20 17:07:21

"Auto read" refers to the info buttons beside the buttons to buy each thing, labeled with "trap info", "farmer info" etc. Hitting those should give you a description of what the things do and how much they cost.

As to the game generally, the basic idea is  progress by clearing zones. Each zone is 100 squares with a fight in each one. Your trimps will fight automatically for the most part. If your trimps lose, then  need to wait for your trimps to breed up to a max population before fighting again (this isn't an issue at lower levels but gets harder later on).

obviously, you also need to equip your trimps for their battles, you do  this by  levelling up equipment, and getting equipment upgrades, as well  getting coordination upgrades  so more trimps can fight together.
Your trimps stats vs the current enemy can always be checked with the level 4 headings, while the level 6 headings give you a general summary of information, EG percentage of your trimps health taken with each enemy attack.

As well  buying equipment, you also need to assign new trimps as workers and build buildings like housing to house more trimps so you can produce resources faster  build gyms to train your trimps to be more effective at blocking enemy damage.

As well as fighting through main maps, zone 1, zone 2 etc, you can also at zone 6 go to your map chamber and create submaps if you have enough map fragments. These are needed to gain equipment upgrades and other goodies, as well as farm for resources to by for upgrades.

There is definitely a hell of a lot more, but that's the basic outlines, you could also take a look at This getting started guide for a few more details, and of course any questions please ask.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-20 17:17:41

Hi.
Wow what an awesome game. Big thumps up to the developer for care that much for accessibility. Wow...
I have a weird issue regarding the buildings. I don't know how, but I managed to choose 2 barn buildings instead of 1. I can't seem to choose 1 instead. I have tried the custom link and entered the number 1, but that doesn't help. Any clue on what to do? I'm still getting used to the basics.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-20 18:38:22

@Slj either you just clicked the barn button twice, or you had your quantity set to max.
In the first case, remember that when you buy a building it gets put in the building kew then either you or your foremen need to build it, it doesn't get built straight away.

In the second case, just make sure your amount is set to one.

Just under the build kew you will find a lot of clickable options to hide certain parts of the screen, and under those a set of numbers which are clickable, 1, 10, 25, 100, the custom link and then "max" These refer to the amount of resources spent when clicking, whether highering workers, building buildings or whatever.

Playing around with these is needed, especially when you say have several  hundred thousand workers to assign or want to quickly use all your wood building gyms.

Hth.

2019-04-20 19:22:07

Hi Dark.
Thanks for your reply. My queue is empty, and my quantity is set to 1. My quantity of traps is set to 1 so I can buy one if I wish, but my amount of barns is still set to buy two, which I can't afford. I can't figure out how to set the barn to 1 , and changing the custom amount doesn't do anything.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2019-04-20 19:50:29

Ah, I  think I understand the problem.
When the button says ""barn, 2" it means you currently have two barns, not that you will buy two barns, hit the info button and you should find out how much the next barn costs. When you buy it it'll change to "barn, 3" etc.

You'll see the same thing with huts, houses, and trimp workers too.

hth.

2019-04-20 21:34:53

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. I must have bought two of them without noticing. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2019-04-20 22:23:28

ok so i've reset again. i got to z27 this time. i've put a ton of stuff in motivation. i've now pushed it up to level 11. lol i want more resources per second. that's part of the problem my technology is outgrowing my ability to make it.

2019-04-20 22:54:13

hey can anybody click on those coloured eggs? i can find them but i can't seem to click on it or if i am then nothing seems to be happening?

2019-04-21 00:27:37

ok so i want to ask a question on the agility pirk now. at what point should i start to use it? because the way i'm understanding it, the pirk speeds up the game in that it speeds up attacks but not resource gathering speeds. so how can this balance out exactly? because wouldn't you speed passed your ability to manufacture weapons armour etc? by that i mean wouldn't you quickly get to a zone whereby your technology isn't sutible so you're then playing catchup? if this is so then what is the advantage of speeding the game up in this way?

2019-04-21 06:58:59

@Darren please use more punctuation in your posts, they're really difficult to read. I can't say about the eggs as I haven't run across one myself (I likely will when I portal). 
You should try and spread the wealth around, motivation is useful, but at the amount of helium you've got you'd be better off buying some other perks rather than putting everything into one, as while some perks are more useful than others none are entirely useless.
Agility speeds up trimp attack speed, which means knocking out enemies and progressing faster, which means more upgrades, faster progression through maps etc.

I@m now on zone 74, but things are getting fairly hard for my trimps at the moment, so I'll be portalling soon, though as I got to 74 last time around I'd like to get a little further at least (it'd be nice to get to 80 if I can manage it).

2019-04-21 18:24:18

Well, folks, the game just made me a map called the Dank Temple. Too bad it isn't yesterday anymore. I still laughed, though.

Boldly going where everyone's already been.

2019-04-21 23:19:24 (edited by Dark 2019-04-21 23:20:26)

Lol, i still think the best map I've seen so far was underground plateau! ;D.

I'm still in the seventies, I suppose I should portal, but firstly I really! want to pass zone 80, and secondly there's a cool reward I manage to spoiler myself into seeing if I can do a void map at this point so I'm grinding at the second, it should be worth it though.

2019-04-22 00:45:15

well this time i want to see if i can get passed z28.

2019-04-22 21:11:54

Well I'm hopelessly addicted to this now.  It's just a shame I can't play as much as I'd like, but that's probably healthy. tongue

2019-04-22 22:34:51

yup it's certainly addictive. tbh i didn't in all honesty think that i would like this game but i have to be honest and say that i do.

2019-04-23 02:19:02

Hello.

I'm playing the screen reader version of this game and think it's good but to make it better I'd recommend using ARIA to alert the screen reader user of certain actions.

For example: you click on chop wood and an alert comes up saying, alert chopping wood, 8 minutes remaining and, this would be awesome if it could be done, you'd press a hot key and could hear the time the timer has left.

Yeah we can read that info but I think alerts would be nice.

For those having CPU issues, I'd highly recommend trying Google Chrome.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-04-23 02:43:16

Hello.

It's also a very good idea to go into settings, in the game using chrome and turning everything to do with performance off.

2019-04-23 03:12:52

@Brad, if you just down arrow once from the button that says "chop" and changes to "chopping" when you click it, you'll be told how much time to max, and if you go through the level 6 headings you will be told about how full your storage is.
Generally, once you've got a few trimps working on your behalf, those action buttons are only really needed if you get a turkimp which increases your production rate, your usually best off alternating between researching and building anyway. The game already has a good few spoken alerts, for example with the info buttons for all the buildings etc.

I will say I'd like a line about tirkimp status in the summary, though again its easy enough to go through the level one headings and just hit up arrow when you get to trimps, and if you see a timer you have a tirkipm going, though its easy to miss if your not paying attention.

Oh and yes, the game is horribly addictive, especially since you can both play  idly and more completely if you want.

I've nearly finished zone 80, and will portal when it's done, though I still haven't exactly worked out what the optimum strategy is for warp stations or geneticists, still we'll see.
I will probably try the trimp challenge next, given that I've just got a truck load of helium from this run so hopefully will have perked up enough for it to make a difference. I will say 60-70 wasn't as bad this time around, though post 72 or so things got tough pretty fast so there's still a ways to go.

2019-04-23 14:47:58

Oh, so that's what the timer thing is! I wondered about that! Thanks for this tip! big_smile

2019-04-23 15:21:39 (edited by Dark 2019-04-23 15:21:52)

yep, whenever you kill a turkimpp it starts a 15 minutes timer, in which you get a production boost if your working one of the basic resources, food, wood or metal. If you kill another turkimp during this time, the timer goes up to 25 minutes and will get reset to 25 minutes each time around.

I admit I only realised this through the trimps wiki mentioning them, but they're a really handy way of getting  resources quickly, especially metal for weapons and upgrades, though you do have to make sure to swap back to researching every now and then in case you run out of science.

I have now finished the trimp challenge, though I admit that one got hard. Actually, it was going okay, then suddenly in the level 11 map I was doing I hit a total wall and had to basically get all my weapons up to at least over 30, some of them over 40, though this just required some patience. Actually I've just got a pretty funky upgrade which, combined with a recent perk is changing how I play the game  will hopefully make it easier to get further, though whether I can crack zone 90 this run we will just have to see, though I'm tempted to do balance and farm some helium first since the next couple of challenges, decay and trapper  look pretty intimidating, still a long way to go before that.

2019-04-23 16:06:00

Hello.

I'm quite confused.

I finished zone 6 and have map fragments but no way to start any maps.

I've looked all over the page and there's no map button or anything like that.

2019-04-23 16:21:56

You can find the map button just under the level 3 heading with the information about the world, its not a button as such its a clickable area that says "maps" (its just under the fight and auto fight options.

Alternatively, you  can use the M hotkey.

Bare in mind whichever you do, you won't be able to go to the map chamber until your current group of trimps die, or unless you hit that map button twice to abandon them.

hth.