2019-04-23 16:27:50

Hello.

Thank you , that does help a lot.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-04-25 01:01:21

@greensatellite
You're awesome, those perks have been annoying me for a while now.

Does anyone know what the trimps challenge's other reward is?

2019-04-25 07:19:19 (edited by Dark 2019-04-25 07:20:38)

@keithwipf1 If you mean the trimp challenge, the reward is a perk which I'll get soon.
Okay, the way challenges work at the moment, is that when you do a first level challenge, you get a perk from it. However, if you click on "challenge 2" you can do a challenge 2, which is running the same challenge again to earn extra helium and a health and damage percentage bonus for your trimps awarded every tten zones of the challenge.

I will say some fixes to this menu would be handy, since at the moment it's not %100 clear  your looking at challenge 2's or the standard menus, indeed I wonder why challenges are listed as "challenge 2" and not as something like "bonus challenges" or the like, unless there is a version 3 and so on down the line.

anyway, right now I'm just trying to  earn perks and helium myself and working on unlocks. I'd like to get to zone 90 this time if I can, considering I did make it to 80 last time, though things can get pretty tough pretty fast. Still as I have to go out today I should come back to seeing my trimps pretty stacked.

ooooh and I just earned the achievement for slaying an improbability in one hit, ha!

Yee gods I love the way you feel so over powered in this game big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-25 11:57:25

ok so am back to z28 again lol. i think i'll do the size challenge next. i like the look of that one especially if i can generate more trimps with it. at least that's my understanding of it. man who said this game isn't addictive? lol glad it's not p2p otherwise i'd be poor lol!

2019-04-25 16:48:03

@Dark
The Trimp challenge says, or at least seems to say, that it grants some other form of bonus besides the perk.
Yeah, all that work leads to lots of destruction in the earlier zones.
The enemies probably feel like they must kill a never ending hord of cthulimps big_smile
I just reached zone 60 yesterday, but my major stumbling block was that I had about 6 coordination upgrades that I wasn't able to use because my population was slow and the breed speed was ssoooo slow.
Using the ton of helium I got from the first improbability, I got +110% in carpentry and that might help. I certainly want more of that helium!

2019-04-25 16:52:15

ok so i'm seriously frustrated. i tried to activate a challenge. i didn't do anything extra i didn't try increasing any pirks or anything like that. no matter what i did it just didn't allow me to do it. any ideas here? this is most frustrating. i have now no choice but to go through to z20 to try and restart again and for no good reason.

2019-04-25 18:20:14

Maybe you did run the challenge.
Go to view perks, and nwear the bottom, it'll say if you're running a challenge and there is something that you can click on to abandon the challenge.

2019-04-25 21:08:56

hi,

yes i did that to make sure and i'm definitely not running any challenges.

2019-04-25 22:56:53

Hmmm, Darren I'm not sure, when you click on the name of the challenge you want to do, it should tell you the details and then when you portal you have that challenge. I wondered if you clicked on the same challenge twice, thus deselecting it.

@keithwipf1 Carpentry is your friend for a lot of stuff in the game, even with 22 levels in it I'm still not up to all the coordination upgrades when I get past zone 70, though of course its only a matter of time and helium.
With the challenges, basic challenges just award one thing, be that a perk, bonus helium, starter bonuses in the case of scientist etc.

If you get to do challenge 2, which you can find by  on challenge 2, then you get a set of challenges that don't  at a specific zone but continue until you portal or abandon them, which award a bonus of helium, attack and health depending upon how far you get with them. So when you saw additional rewards listed for the trimp challenges, its possible you were looking at trimp v2, since as far as I know the only reward  for completing trimp is the resilience perk.

Actually it'd be nice to have some fixes to the challenge screen for this so that you can be more certain which your looking at.

I'm currently on zone 74, though I'm having an easier time when I was last hear. since I'm going to have to go off and sleep this evening, hopefully when I  back my trimps will be pretty stoked. I don't know if I'll make it past zone 90, though it'd be nice being as I got to 80 last time around.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-04-25 23:00:24

hi dark,

i did wonder that because yes it should come up with the info about the challenge. i did press it multiple times and checked for that info and it didn't seem to come up. so yes i don't know if something is getting in the way.

2019-04-25 23:09:48

i have a question on motivation.

i could be wrong here completely wrong but is part of the pirk that you get offered speedlumber and the like more often?

2019-04-26 03:59:14

@greensatellite
Could you please label the map settings button? Currently it's just a clickable with no label, so a bit hard to find.

2019-04-26 11:24:34

Is it possible you could make the cells easier to read? Right now they're in reverse order, in a series of lists of varying lengths, and they aren't even numbered or anything, at least not in the lists. Also, something will need to be done with the display for the Life challenge. I've not tried it myself, but the wiki says the cells change colour depending on whether the enemy is living or not, and that won't be of much help to someone like me, who is totally blind and doesn't usually have colour announcements turned on.

2019-04-26 20:43:16

ok this is weird and perhaps someone could help with this.
i managed to activate the discipline challenge. but i wanted to do size so before i clicked on lets do it, i tried clicking on the size challenge but it didn't let me click on it. do i have to do them in some form of sequential order or something?

2019-04-26 20:54:32

Have you unlocked the size challenge? If you have, you'll see the info for it. If you haven't, you'll see something like you will unlock this challenge when you reach zone x, with the x being the number of the zone. I believe you need to reach zone 35 before you can do size.

2019-04-26 21:02:56

well from what i can see nothing happens at all.

2019-04-26 21:07:22

@Darren, you need to go up to the top of the challenge list and read the info about the currently selected challenge, that is what your doing wrong, indeed multiple clicks might deselect the challenge.

@Imaginatrix, just looked up the life challenge, yep, that one could be interesting access wise, though since you still need to go through all the world cells in order 0-99 and can't change what cells you attack, it might be enough to just tell you when the next cell is alive/undead so you can choose whether to attack it or wait depending on whether you need to increase or decrease your stats, since however interesting the mechanic is for determining what cells are undead or not, in practice your still not left with exactly much choice about progressing in the game.

2019-04-26 23:50:45

ok dark i'll try looking harder next time it's possible i did miss something.
another question, i seem to have unlocked void maps. when would be a good time to start doing them?

2019-04-27 22:09:21

lol ok so i'm now doing the metal challenge. this one isn't going to be easy me thinks. anybody who has previously done this got any ideas?

2019-04-28 05:46:02

Hello, this game is very addicting, thanks for the dev who put a lot of effort to make Trimps playable by everyone!

I am at zone 29 now, and this game get a lot harder! the resource neede are billions, but my gathering speed is only around 300k-ish per second, so I need to wait hours to upgrade. Is there something wrong at my part? Do I need more housing to increase the population?

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2019-04-28 06:23:15

I've been off this forum for a long time, but let's see.
The metal challenge is actually not as bad as it sounds.  You can't have miners, but at early levels, with your efficiency upgrades,
you can generally mine metal better than a bunch of miners could anyway.  Once you complete that, I'd strongly recommend completing the size challenge though.  Carpentry is a game-changer.
You generally do not want to rely on gathering speed early on.  Loot from maps is far more rewarding.  Later when you have all of the imports and map caches, gathering speed will be much more important.  It's still worth working on, but the bulk of your resources will definitely be coming from those maps. 
I have a question for you higher level players.  is there currently an accessible way of viewing the breeding timer?  I just got my hands on Geneticists earlier today and they're a blast, but not being able to see the breed timer kinda sucks. 
I was really frustrated with a level 76 void map so I used all of my food to recruit several hundred Geneticists and it took like 45 minutes for my army to breed... it was awful, but I got an achievement out of it. lol

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2019-04-28 08:08:11

@togira ikonoka the metal challenge isn't as bad as it sounds, just run mountain maps everysooften to farm for metal, make sure you recruit enough explorers to keep building maps, and enough scientists to afford upgrades since you'll mostly be mining  yourself here, make sure you have all the prestiges before going on. A couple of points in perks like loot and motivation can be helpful too.

@aaron77  i made the same mistake with geneticists first time. I think the breeding timer mentioned on the wiki which tells you how long trimps need to breed a new fighting force is only available when you  have a certain perk (which I haven't got yet myself since it requires completing a fairly tough challenge, though I might well give that one a go next time around).

What your best off doing with geneticists, is trying to balance how many geneticists you buy with nurseries, since each geneticist will decrease your breed time by %2 and each nursary increase it by %1, this means you need to have twice the amount of nurseries as geneticists, plus a few extra nurseries on hand so your breeding doesn't get too slow, obviously this also means pumping as much food into dragimp tributes as  possible to have enough gems to build them, and of course a few points in pheromones can always help.

I'm currently on zone 80, I don't know if I'll make it to zone 90 this time since things are getting rather tough, but I'd like to at least get a little further if I can.

2019-04-28 13:47:39

Okay, Trimps now has a Db page <a href=https://audiogames.net/db.php?id=Trimps>Find it here</a> Its not intended as an exhaustive guide, but should give people an idea of what the game is about and a bit of how the interface works, plus its about time that Green Satellite's amazing job with access in the game got some recognition.

2019-04-28 13:59:57

well the metal challenge for obvious reasons is taking a whole lot longer than anything else i've done on this game so far. am only on z8 lol. am having to run more metal maps to keep my metal supplies going.

2019-04-28 15:28:45

Oh!  Is the anticipation perk required for the breeding timer to show up?  That does make sense.
I knew what the consequences for my action would be.  I'm just obsessed with seeing larger numbers, and I thought "hey!  What would my health be if I hired this many?"  My health was multiplied by like 3600%, which was amazing, except it took me about 45 minutes to see any results as I was in a poisonous voidmap. 
I actually just did something very similar... I'm grinding maps on zone 80 and I was trying to switch formations with a hot key, and I pressed m rather than d, and I have auto-abandon on so I lost my army and I am not waiting a few centuries for it to repopulate.  I know I should fire some of those little Trimps, but I love having ridiculous amounts of hp lol

I'm actually not having much trouble on zone 80.  I just unlocked auto-storage last night and that has made my life about a hundred times easier.  I woke up this morning with enough metal to upgrade all of my gear to the latest, despite the fact that I didn't have the storage space for the required metal last night.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...