2018-12-26 03:36:47

Hi guys
I am really frustrated right now, because of a strange issue I have been suffering from for the last couple of weeks. I thought it would go away or something, but now that the christmas event is going, I just want to be able to play.
The issue I am having is that my game lags out when ever i am near the west or the north border of a map. Here is the wierd thing, I have my graphics turned off, which people have told me were the reason for this.
I have tried everything I can think of, including runnng the checkup file, reinstalling the game, switching to a lower soundbuffer setting and turning the graphics on and then off again, but nothing has worked so far.
So please if you have any suggestions, do tell. I really wish to get the last juice out of the awesome event, which is pretty hard to do, when you're only able to play on  half the map.
Thanks in advance

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2018-12-26 10:49:18

Hi.
@Mads: Try to adjust your screen resolution. This can fix the most weird issues in the game for some reason.
@Aprone: I have got a weird issue after I updated my Windows to the latest version. All sounds accept for the sounds in the main menu and the music doesn't play. No footsteps, no weapon sounds and no zombies at all. I'll download Swamp from scratch to see if that fixes my issue, but I would like to ask if you have any clue on what's wrong?
I have removed the progress.ini to see if that fixed my issue, but it didn't made any difference...
Merry Christmas. I hope you are having an awesome holiday.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-12-26 11:01:20

@mads I'm not sure what causes that either but my system even lags out near the west boarder of sub 2 and I've got rather a beast of a machine.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-12-26 20:46:33

Hey there aprone.  Hope you had a relaxing christmas!!  when does the event end? so we can kill as many dires as possible LOL before it does.

2018-12-26 21:21:55

I think it's coded to end on the first of January.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-12-26 22:12:18 (edited by Mads 2018-12-27 02:11:22)

@SLJ
Okay I tried changing my resolution, but it unfortunately didn't help.
I don't really know if there is anything else to try. Maybe it is just my internet, but that really doesn't make sense since it just happened one day, and it is not like I have crap internet.
Well, I will follow this thread and see if any good ideas comes up.
Edit: Well I did... something... and now it is only kinda bad and not real bad, so that's good I guess

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2018-12-26 22:45:59

could you not code it to end on the 6th? that's the official end of christmas after all said and done.

2018-12-28 00:18:00

hey i did post in general but i wanted to put it here too. i have at last got my gpd win 2 up and running. put swamp on it. its cool as there's no lag on it. runs brilliantly. but am finding it difficult to play on it. which is annoying lol considering that's 1 of the reasons why i wanted the gpd win 2 for games etc. could someone who plays help me with a key config or even shair theirs?

2018-12-31 17:13:59

Will there be a food reset for the new year?

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-12-31 18:17:25

Does that usually happen at each new year?

2018-12-31 18:20:06

Nope  smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-12-31 19:36:33

What, any events for the new year?

2019-01-01 11:05:51

hi aprone,

something weird is happening. i was playing swamp a few minutes ago and it was fine, now i can't log in. its saying that my account has run out of time. so i purchased 6 months and tried again still no luck. my email address [email protected] is linked to the account that has the trouble.

2019-01-01 18:49:30

Darren I've emailed you back about this.  Let me know if it's working again.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-01 19:21:29

hi aprone responded to you. sadly not working.

2019-01-01 19:28:52

I'm looking into it.  It's an odd glitch indeed!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-01 19:29:52

thanks aprone.

2019-01-01 19:56:39

oops, i found out what the problem was. i credited the wrong account. ok bought time for the right account now. works now. oops.

2019-01-03 21:18:07

Hey aprone, i have a request and hope you can implement it. So, can you make a key in keyconfig, that will turn the player in a certain direction while it is pressed? for example turnleft=+left and when you hold left arrow, i forgot what is + so when you hold left arrow with that second key, your your player turns left constantly, like using a mouse. Lol hope you understood what i mean.

2019-01-05 16:57:06

I was wondering if it would be possible in swamp to have the watch feature like in STW where you can watch another player. When I have nothing to do, it'd be nice to be able to see what others are up to.

2019-01-05 20:52:19 (edited by keithwipf1 2019-01-05 20:54:16)

Hey Aprone, I have an idea.
Do you think it would be a nice idea to send each player a gift once a weak or month? I'd probably be more interested in playing if I knew there was a chance of me having some neat armor and items when I came back after a long time.
Edit: Or oo, base the number of gifts given out or weather there given out at all on the total number of zombies that were killed in 1 month, so if enough players co operate, they get a small surprise!

2019-01-06 21:52:45

Hello Aprone

As you are working on a new version of the swamp, I'd like to give a suggestion.

1. To create an item or option, in the security zone, to repair armor damaged of the players in normal mode. This would be very good for people who like it and insist on playing on normal mode. Even the Hard mode Core being better.

2019-01-07 16:36:59

hello! I believe that its the server's time to get restarted. Mine and another players client seems to get stuck or have delays. Its not fun to get stuck on map 4 when you have a swarm behind you tongue This is happening at random so hopefully if you have time aprone, if you could restart the server maybe? thanks!

2019-01-07 18:24:12

I think you guys are right.  I'll try to schedule some time today to restart the server to get it running smoothly again.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-08 14:49:52

yeah i got stuck the other day during a mission and died horridly rofl.