2019-01-17 01:03:41

I am on the fence about this.  I would love to buy ammo on hc but also see why we cannot and at the some time want to use my quest credits for something other than locker storage.  I also think their should be a command to see the last clan chat and Friend chat message rather than manually reading all chats.  I am correct in saying that this cannot be done now right?

2019-01-21 18:12:09 (edited by TheBlindSaiyan 2019-01-21 18:13:01)

Well, if this game had a little more to it's offline mode, I would deffo pay for it as I've heard so many people say how good it is.
However, the fact that it's online only, and there's no campaign to simulate levelling and multiplayer without bugs or non-saving levels/stats, means that I don't really feel like buying a type of game like that. sad

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-01-21 19:00:32

this is incorrect
swamp community already created lots of campaigns somewhere in dropbox folder
you can play off line mode,  for testing purposes, so you'll get to know what goes in the game
for levelling,  chatting,  missioning, starting the clan wars, doing battle for forts,getting the special weapons, example you can get last title lord or general,  and much more, this is requires online account
you can search the topics for dropbox folder campaigns included

2019-01-21 23:40:43

TheBlindSaiyan, why would you buy an online account because a game's free single player mode had more features?  I'm confused.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2019-01-21 23:42:02

so am i to be honest aprone i don't really get the objection.

2019-01-21 23:51:03

Any idea's on what is causing the lag people are reporting.  If it is zombie's getting stuck at map boards why now it seems so random.

2019-01-22 00:10:56

@Aprone... I didn't say the singleplayer part of the game had more features.
I'm basically saying that, since I prefer offline games, and since I've heard lots of positive stuff about Swomp, I wish there was more to the offline mode, or at least a leveling system, because RN there's not much to the offline mode, and the maps I've downloaded in the past that advertise the simulation of multiplayer mode, just, aren't passable.
I'm not trying to say I want all the online features in the free offline mode, however the people like me who prefer offline games might expect a little more from a game that has so much reputation in the online community, but doesn't offer anything in singleplayer as of yet.

2019-01-22 00:38:54

As stated by Revan, the offline version should be thought of as a demo, so people can get an idea of how the game plays before spending money on an account.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-22 01:59:05

I get that.
All I'm saying is, that some people, me included, prefer offline to online games for a number of reasons, therefore, I'm only making and stating an opinion, but I think that there should be more to do in an offline version, heck, even if you make it payed but put more features in it, I would pay for it!
That's all I'm saying, no wrong meanings or offence meant Aprone smile

2019-01-22 08:37:03

TheBlindSaiyan wrote:

I get that.
All I'm saying is, that some people, me included, prefer offline to online games for a number of reasons, therefore, I'm only making and stating an opinion, but I think that there should be more to do in an offline version, heck, even if you make it payed but put more features in it, I would pay for it!
That's all I'm saying, no wrong meanings or offence meant Aprone smile

What exactly would you be able to do in the offline mode, which you can't script in a campaign?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-22 09:22:54

but swamp is pretty much an online game.

2019-01-22 11:56:18

The solution seems clear: let's make more, better campaigns. Who's with me? ...?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-01-22 12:52:57

well what would really help there is to have all the campaigns in 1 place and made publically known that is where they are instead of being constantly told to go search. that always bugs me because i just think that's lazy organization whereas if they were kept together in 1 place it would make much more sense.

2019-01-22 14:39:10

@SLJ... I haven't had any experience of scripting/coding any complext stuff, apart from my GTAV map which is completely different.
@Darren... I totally agree about the campaigns in 1 place statement.
Maybe I was trying out old/buggy betas of campaigns that are otherwise good, hence why I think there isn't a campaign good enough to pass my standards, in which case I made a wrong assumption, but as stated, I was only stating my opinion.

2019-01-23 02:25:35

Hi Aprone.
After being strongly recommended to come back to the world of zombies by my friends, I started this game again. However, in most cases, I'm unable to move at all or immediately kicked out of the server. Is this happening only for me, or you're aware of this and trying to address the issue?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-01-23 05:16:32

Nyanchan, I am working on an issue that is causing lag for players at the North-West corner of some of the maps, but I don't think this is what you are experiencing.  I haven't had anyone else report the problem you're having.  Any extra info you could tell me would be helpful, especially any errors the game is giving you when you are kicked out of the server.  If your Swamp folder contains a file called Debuglog.txt, any errors should appear in there.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-23 06:13:58 (edited by nyanchan 2019-01-23 06:16:47)

I'll make another post about the kick issue once I encountered it and traced the log, but here's the details of the problem I'm constantly facing.
When I log in, I am placed in the safe zone as usual. Pressing enter on it brings the menu.
chat commands, ? for players online, changing direction, checking direction facing work.
When I press the number row, the game says "You do not have any <weapon>", despite I actually own it.
When I press the same number repeatedly, or I get raged and press random numbers, the game sometimes identifies that I own that weapon. However, all of the number row keys stop working after that.
After I selected the weapon by that buggy accident, when I press z to check my weapon stats, the game says like "0 loaded and 1 total rounds of axe, for your glock 19".
While all above is happening, I cannot move at all. Radders do not work (do not play any sounds).
The error log continuously reports "error in serverloot: Subscript out of range".

2019-01-23 08:04:28 (edited by nyanchan 2019-01-23 08:10:47)

I just wanted to add that my inventory was reset every time that bug occured. More precisely, I lose all items and get random weapons which I did not have. This is honestly making the gameplay impossible...
Also, I confirmed that these were happening for one of other Japanese swamp players.

2019-01-23 10:00:54

Am I correct in assuming you are also a Japanese player?  If so, then I'll assume that's somehow a piece to this puzzle.  It sounds like your inventory is completely scrambled, but of course I need to determine if it's scrambled on the server or just scrambled by your client once it arrives.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-01-23 10:14:15

Yes I am a Japanese player and running the game on Japanese locale.
Can you list my weapons saved on the server? My username is nyanchan, and my character name is also nyanchan. I created another char for testing purposes, but that's not my current one.

2019-01-24 07:51:33

Hi So I am in the clan lightning sharks. Some players know me as buzz, Buzzbegone. Whatever!

I sat in my fort for about half an hour or so not that long ago and here is basically what happened. Player spec sat at eastern extraction point for about an hour. We went in and noticed that he did not appear on the tracker at all. He has since moved in to shoot out zone where he is untrackible. disappears from even the player pings and you can only hit him once every 5 or 6 seconds or so. I am not the only one to see this. You should have a couple reports by now of another clan that has also jumped in to our fort and also get the same results were getting. I can track my clan mate Sovs and he can track me just fine. I am sorry to have to say and kind of do this but I demand player spec be banned.

I try never to say that word demand for some obvious reasons. This is an exception. He is blatantly cheating, and or exploiting some bug that must be breaking the rules. I don't want some fucking stupid little warning. I don't want some piss poor excuse why spec and other cheating dick faces can't be removed from Swamp. I want it fucking done! I am already sick and tired of this shit and will probably just not play now since i know this will obviously be a problem again tomorrow. This is how ever very unfair to new and other players to swamp. I'm pissed off, and a stupid fucking excuse for a warning isn't going to fix the next cheap cunt that will just walk on in and do this all over again.

That's my say, and i'm sorry but you really need to know sir this is a huge! problem that needs to be delt with. I have decided to put this on the forums not to come down hard on you Aprone. but because it seems like you go far to lightly on this kind of behavior. It is a discouragement to other players who have worked very hard to get our forts and food to where they are. I also believe in less i turn up on this forum I will be straight up honest. You'll do FUCK all. So there it is. Fix it! Try not to shoot the messenger.

2019-01-24 14:51:03

Hi Aprone, can you please check your skype messages from me

2019-01-25 09:10:01

ZK wrote:

Hi Aprone, can you please check your skype messages from me

I think it's easier to send him a mail, unless he know you so well that he knows who "me" is on Skype. big_smile
I could imagine him being spammed with chat messages on Skype.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-25 16:29:34

and it begins, Buzz I get where you are coming from with this bug or hack. It is definitely not fair to those who have put the time and effort into this game and it would make it very frustrating to the point of not wanting to play anymore. Aprone does need to look into this and determine weather this is a bug in the forts or a hack. Forts currently don't get attacked enough currently to see if this behavior happens all of the time. from what we know it has happened when two groups have attacked a fort which makes me believe its more on the bug side than a hack but again there is not enough evidence. Aprone I understand you are a busy man and you try doing the best you can but if this is going to be a paid game it really needs to be more stable. I am not saying bug free if there is such a thing but try and get most of them out. What is in place now is good but we can't even enjoy half of them due to bugs. Mission become tedious when instead of finding 200 crates you end up finding 262 or 300 plus because of the crate bug. People sometimes lose ammo or gear and its frustrating in HC since things are not easily found. I am sure you have herd most of these bugs and more before so not going to list them and hopefully people don't start listing them all on here after this post. Pretty much what i am trying to say is that work on what is here and fix the bugs before you decide to bring something new to swamp otherwise swamp should go back to a free game so people can choose to stop playing without thinking that they already paid for it. Swamp has lots of potential Aprone, I mean you could even start advertising on here to bring in more revenue that you could use to higher somebody to help you with the code. Don't give up on us yet pretty please! I would have to go back to living life again if swamp dies sad.

2019-01-25 19:22:38

e-z_killer, swamp is good, but I suggest life is the logical first choice.  For example, just this morning, I had a choice to play swamp or get some jobs done.  Very glad indeed I got out into the real world.  I popped to the shops, picking up some ammo in our local KMart, a leftover pizza in the pet shop, and a handy little chainsaw from the church.  Sadly I had to kill a couple of pedestrians and a dog on the way home, but other than that it was a pleasant stroll.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk