151 (edited by x0 2018-09-12 21:25:48)

still have a problem, can't play this game on school computers without deleting the scores.dat file every time because some have win7 and the other ones have win10. When you try to launch the game and the existing SAPI voice doesn't exist, in the case of running it off a pen drive between 7 and 10 computers, you get this.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "the.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "functions.py", line 150, in mainmenu
  File "functions.py", line 1032, in init_local_scores
  File "classes.py", line 81, in <lambda>
  File "accessible_output2\outputs\sapi5.py", line 53, in set_voice
    self.object.Voice = self._voices[value]
KeyError: u'Microsoft Anna - English (United States)'

if you could please make it so that if the voice that's in there doesn't exist it will change to the system's default voice that would be nice. Or maybe just don't store the SAPI voice in the scores file, since we can't choose the SAPI voice anyway. just don't force set it to anything.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

Thumbs up

there's any update?

email: [email protected]: skype: mahdi.abedi82
my name on playroom: mahdi-abedi
my teamtalk server information: mahdi.jc-hosting.me, ports 6661: tell me to give you account

Thumbs up

153 (edited by The Dwarfer 2018-09-29 03:11:48)

Hi guys,
I am proposing a fix that will make powerup spawns a lot less random, and more strategical in Oh Shit. Every 20 seconds, a powerup will spawn 20 feet from you - I will code in alternatives if the border is too short for that. It will be a cycle. So after the first 20 seconds, it might spawn a pit cover. The second 20 seconds might spawn an invincibility. And the 3rd 20 seconds might spawn a super speed. After 3 minutes, a rock storm will spawn every 90 seconds, but be 25 feet away.
In addition, picking up power-ups will do as people have been requesting, which is reward more than 1 point. However this is where you must choose: invincibility will only reward 2 points, pit covers 4, but super speed will give 6 points. I don't know if I'll give point bonuses to rock storms since those reward you a 25 second free window to amass a huge collection of points free of charge. What do you guys think of the idea?
Personally I like it since it would drastically reduce the occurrences of "lucky games" vs "unlucky games" and add more of a strategy element to gathering power-ups. I have kind of come to realize the flaws of a randomized power-up generation method - and while it can be fun and it has its benefits, I think maybe the other way would be better in Oh Shit since the overall direction of the game is drastically affected by the power-ups.
@151 that has been fixed, and @152 yes there will; school and other things have kept me from working on this.

Follow me on twitter: @savage_genius16

Thumbs up +1

I actually really like this idea. I don't think rockstorms need bonuses attached, though.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

Thumbs up

Okay guys so the update is not ready yet, but I did implement the system.
-Powerups start spawning after 1 minute to give pits and cannons time to start spawning.
-They then spawn every 20 seconds.
-There is a cycle - but it's one that allows super speed and invincibility to be less common, but pit covers increased as Defender and others wanted:
First a superspeed might spawn, then a pit cover. Then an invincibility, then another pit cover. Then a super speed, then a pit cover, then an invincibility, and a pit cover... so on. That cycle will repeat itself over and over again throughout the game. This insures that pit covers spawn every 40 seconds, while the other buffs will each only spawn every 80 seconds so you're not buffed all the time.
-Rock storms begin spawning just after 3 minutes, and one will spawn every 70 seconds starting then.
-power-up items spawn a bit far from you, so a tone will be played in the corresponding ear that the item spawned - so if it's to your left, you'll hear a tone in your left ear. This tone occurs not when the rock falls, but when the item actually spawns, so be quick! Oh but also be careful. Thankfully this distance is always about 20 squares so you won't have to go way too far.
-Superspeeds reward 6 extra points, pit covers 4, and invincibilities 2.
Let me know what you think of all this!

Thumbs up

I say, please please update! smile

First, here are my Tactical Battle scripts. https://www.dropbox.com/s/64iuyqnju9csv … h.zip?dl=1
Second, hmm I might put a website address or new game here if I ever make one.
Third...
Whaaaaaat! There is nothing here.

Thumbs up

sounds really cool to me! can you make rocks fall slightly slower? just a teency bit, I just find them a little bit too fast.

blindness is an ability. not a disability.

Thumbs up

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I avoid using the pit covers at virtually all costs because they block the cannon shots from coming at me. So for me, I would not benefit from pit covers coming more often.

Thumbs up

Yes. I in fact use them sparingly as well. But allowing pit covers to spawn more often, while it satisfies those who use them, the drawbacks are that A, you don't want to use them too much for obvious reasons, and B, there's now an 80 second delay between each invincibility spawn, and each super speed spawn likewise. So snap up all those pit covers which spawn 40 seconds apart, and cover away if you wish. big_smile Anyway, I'll get more coding done this weekend. This week has been school, homework, friends, sleep, and piano practice, no coding. Haha.

Thumbs up

You said you used packextracter. What is the key though

Regards,
Ty
If you like this post, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up

There is no key.

Thumbs up