2018-08-10 17:31:06

Hello,
Please add a sapi support for this game. I use narrator for my daily computer use and I need sapi5 support to play this game. There is no speech output

2018-08-10 17:35:58

Hi,

I'll grab this.

And the patch did make it way easier for me. I mean, I didn't make the scoreboard, but I'm consistently hitting around anywhere from a minute to 3 minutes or so, which I can say is completely due to the louder rock fall sound. Thanks for doing that.

As for the error that was mentioned about trying to deflect a cannon with a cannon while invinsible, as I understand it, I was able to reproduce that in the last one but only once.

Keep up the great work,

Brandon

2018-08-10 17:49:42

I think its been fixed in this most recent update.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-10 18:00:19

Hi,
I just would like to share my sounds mod, based on the latest version.
These are a lot of sounds taken from various sources, often several sounds that I mixed or redesigned specifically for this game. Many come from freesounds.org, but I used two or three sound effects from official video games
Don't hesitate to tell me your feeling about this!
So, I just hope my mod don't bother the developper. I don't wish to have any conflict or wars in this forum. I respect his work, and thank him again for this fun game!

Download here:
https://plik.root.gg/file/xqHem0bplos4T … 20Kruf.rar

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2018-08-10 19:48:23

I think the scoreboard should be reset each month (or even each week) to give everyone a fair chance.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-08-10 22:02:54

I agree. Also, it still says top 10 when you look at the scoreboard, is that intentional?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-08-11 01:04:36 (edited by The Dwarfer 2018-08-11 01:11:09)

Hey guys so, I was stupid and accidently made the game easier for those who actually got rock storms. That would explain smokes 1207 score in 9 minutes. He got that because I allowed powerups to spawn while rock storms were going and in the 25 seconds after, which should noooooot have been allowed to happen. Lmao. Now though when you get a rock storm, all other powerups on the board will be replaced with standard items. Please tell me if you get fatal errors with this. You shouldn't... because I combed over this code 10 times as thoroughly as I did the code I wrote at 1:00 AM while I was delirious after spending all day hanging with a friend and spending energy.
I'm really sorry about this inconvenience, and I know that it probably makes me look like a stupid fuck who doesn't know what he's doing, and I understand if you're getting right angry. But I had, to reset the scores again because we can't have 1207 being number one if it's a lot harder to get that now. Again, thanks, thanks so much for your guys's support of this idiot.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2018-08-11 01:16:02

I got over three minutes. I'm proud of me.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-08-11 01:50:50

hell yeah, bro. Nice work for temporarily getting on number 1. big_smile Just kidding, though kinda wanna kick yo ass now.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2018-08-11 02:22:36

Hi,

Will this be a new update that it will find?

Thanks,

Brandon

2018-08-11 02:24:20

course

2018-08-11 19:36:16

This game is quite a fun little time waster. My main suggestion would be to change the prompts after a game ends. I would change it so that you have a menu that has the game over message first, your local scoreboard position second, then options to play again, copy to clipboard, post score, and return to main menu. This would make things much more streamlined.

2018-08-11 20:07:26

Hello,
I think you should make sapi support.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-08-12 04:48:54

Well done with the game.  I did try to post to the online boards though and got an internal error.  My error.log didn't show anything though, so that's all I have.

2018-08-12 05:14:53

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm actually working on another pretty cool update with several changes and fixes. This next one will unfortunately require a clear of the scoreboard, but that is why I will not release it today. Still though, with the features and changes being made, I think you guys will be okay with that.
@blindndangerous are you running the latest version? The game you have should contain a main menu. Even if it does though, you may want to make sure you have the latest version. A few days ago we added an auto-updater so you won't have to worry about doing this anymore. But for your convenience, the link is http://samtupy.com/stevend/oh_shit.zip. I went ahead and tested posting again though because I know my friend made changes to the local copy of the scoreboard we keep, but had to insure he didn't upload it to the server yet since that'd have been quite, quite bad. big_smile Posting worked for me, although in that particular test run I miserably failed to come even close to making the top 10.

2018-08-12 06:00:04

Hi,

After playing the latest version for awhile I have to say I'm super happy with it!

I don't know if this was due to having a lot of things going on on my system when I did this but the auto-updater seemed a bit slow to check for and present the update prompt.

But, it did succeed and I was able to update, which is awesome.

Is it possible that, upon download completion using the auto-updater, that it can open the zip file directly so you can just copy directly into the folder by chance? I feel like this would make it faster than the way it is now since some people may close the folder window and they'd have to navigate to it again. Does that make sense?

Thanks again,

Brandon

2018-08-13 14:28:44

Hello,
I think the score board should be cleared once per week or 2 week to give people a chanse to experience the  happyness of getting into the top10.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-08-13 16:20:09

Hi guys,
I know that next time you run you'll find out, but here's a new update! I've now per your request put changes.txt in the folder, but here they are anyway! Hopefully this update addresses several of your feedback. I have also cleared the board due to changes involving gameplay, which is why I waited 3 days to upload this new version. Enjoy!
-There is now a learn game sounds option in the main menu! Not all sounds are included, but those which are not plain obvious are all in there.
-There is now tts support! The game will use TTS if no screen reader is detected, screen reader otherwise. You can select your tts voice in the main menu.
-There is now a stats system! It includes stuff like your total time playing and some other neat shit! View local top 10 scores is now in the stats menu and you have the chance to clear either just your top 10s, or the whole set of statistics. Tell me if you want achievements! smile
-there is now an option in the main menu to enable or disable game play by play logging. If you keep this disabled, there will be an option in the main menu after each game to log the most recent game to a file anyway. Logs are saved in txt files named after the dates and times they were played. You can review your game in text form this way. I tried to make this logging as least boring as possible!
-Powerups spawn a lot less common. I have decreased the probability of a spawned item being a powerup from 14% down to 4%. I'm sorry, but even though this makes the game harder, powerups were never supposed to be the crutch so much as a nice little boost every once in a while. Plus, since items spawn a lot faster later in the game, you'll be more likely to encounter one anyway. No more of this staying invincible for a lot of time. Don't worry, this has been tested and it doesn't make the game impossible to play. smile
-When posting scores, you're now notified of your position regardless of whether you made the top 10 or not, though the message is different. Also when posting scores, numbers can be entered in the name field.
-There have been some keys added for convenience. First, you can now press y or n in the yes/no menus. In addition, in pop-up dialogues, f and y in addition to enter and escape dismiss them. These changes have been made in an attempt to make end of game prompts a lot more streamlined. Game wise, pressing enter can also use a pit cover and up arrow can also be used to jump.
-hopefully... hopefully... hopefully fixed this god damned sound frequency runtime error!

2018-08-13 16:54:48

do you think you could make it so we can update with the game, like those games that say, wen you click current version or something, you are running v0.1, the latest update is 0.111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111, update now?
it's just really anoying to delete my game and then redownload and you know

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-08-13 17:10:37

Is anyone else who uses Code Factory Eloquence SAPI experiencing an error? When I launch the new version on one of my computers, I get a Themida error, cannot find LocaleCommon.dll, please reinstall the application. Then the game crashes with a fatal error that's less than helpful. Change default SAPI voice and it runs. Eloquence is working everywhere else though.

Also, for whatever reason my JAWS keymap seems not to be working any more with this version.

2018-08-13 17:11:17

hi
it can give better name, oh shit isn't good smile
name like its zhonra

2018-08-13 17:23:22

@118 it already does that. Run it and when there's a new update it'll ask if ya wanna download.
@119 sorry about that. Look in changelog; I added some new strokes.

2018-08-13 17:46:12

Congratulations! Your score of 4 Made it to your local top 10! You got to position 13! Keep up the good work!

2018-08-13 17:50:35

Update!
For whatever reason, the Eloquence problem fixed itself when I changed the default SAPI voice, then changed it back.

Also, the JAWS keymap not working was because the executable filename was changed in this version from Oh Shit.exe to OhShit.exe. I renamed it, and now I can play in JAWS.

2018-08-13 17:52:11

is it updated?