2017-06-28 16:09:40

hello everyone. i have been playing rtr for months now, can anyone please tell me how to play the offline mode?

2017-06-28 17:13:02

Hey,

SLJ: No, the old maps will not work with the new game. I'm rewriting everything from scratch. I might not even call this RTR, so I should really open a new thread.
Simba: You'll be able to play in the browser as well as download a package for any operating system of your choice.

jolomifenemigho: The game sadly doesn't have a single player mode anymore. Someone posted a link to an older version that still had it.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-06-29 00:15:00 (edited by Diegogaribay 2017-06-29 00:15:48)

oh yes. It is going to be like dark defender. That is so cool I really want to test out a beta version of it now. I will pay for something this good. Please tell us the new title so that we can follow the thread.

2017-06-29 01:10:15

Before I do that, have some more audio
Some menu noises, I spawn into a game, then someone else spawns and walks and jumps around a bit and shoots.

I submitted a bug to Chromium for some problems with the webaudio API implementation in Chrome, so hoping that gets resolved soon. I got a response really fast, so that's cool!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-06-29 03:05:44

ok, no more single player mode, no problem, still looking forward to the new release....

2017-06-29 07:54:34

Wow. I'm exciting for all this. It's very interesting that it works in a webbrowser as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-29 12:50:46

out of curiosaty are you able to remove the grenade servers from the list, since they are down entirely? also, guys, the weakland and ONJ servers are stable, but sometimes, the maps that are on the servers, are optional, and don't come with the package. although both server owners still listen, so if you can get in touch with them, these will be resolved.

2017-06-29 18:04:30

I would like to ask if my server also is stable? I have forgot to check up on this for a while, but will of course do so, if people are interested.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-06-29 18:45:49

Hello,

All I have to say is great work, both on the older version and this new one. The audio trailers sound more mainstream than actual mainstream games on the market today. One question though, will this new version allow you to run self hosted servers? If that is possible, I would recommend adding the possibility, even as an option, to ensure the game can stay alive past the lifetime of any central server. Good luck dealing with this WebAudio API bug.

2017-06-29 20:06:57 (edited by hadi.gsf 2017-06-29 20:10:36)

I sent a suggestion about a game mode and an entire system that is super popular in modern shooter games to the dragon's skype. I'll paste it here incase anyone is interested

I think  area capping is a very nnice mmode to make. a looot of new and  old video games have it. the battlefield series are  known  for this mode
basically there's an  area. if you and your teammate stand there,  you capture that area. to hold the capture progress the enemy team has to  find their way in and stand their ground
people rush into the cap areas and get gunned down by  defensive lines and such
Games like insergency have like 4-5 zones, calling by phonetic names. like alpha  bravo charley and such. players coordinate and  try to take over the entire zones
some other games like squad and battlefield one  have set  names. like "Albadri village" or "Factory"
For honor also has this system,  some people here have played it, im sure they've seen it
I also wanted to talk to you about making a point based system for the game.
basically each team has a set amount of  points, or called "tickets" by mainstream gamers. each time  a team mate dies, or an area gets captured, your team loses  tickets
whichever team's tickets gets down to 0, they lose
there are also some mechanics  to drain tickets. like losing a zone that's close to your base. as long as your enemy has that zone, you lose 2 tickets each 30 seconds

some more clarafication on the area capture system: Basically, when team alpha  has players inside the zone,  a progress begins. when it reaches up to 100%, the area will be captured and owned by team alpha.
at what evver point if team bravo has even one player inside the zone, the progress of capturing or simply capping for team alpha stops midway. if team alpha loses all players in the zone, team bravo begins reversing the progress, making the zone "Free" or "nutral" then, they start their own progress of capping

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-06-30 04:52:53

All grenade interactive servers and main server not working, you can remove not working servers of the list?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2017-06-30 13:33:24

Here is a version of the game with offline capability, hosted on the Audiogames Archive. Be aware that multiplayer functions will be unavailable, and the game will check for, but will be unable to download, updates.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-07-01 13:41:53

Hello,
I have always wondered how to be the admin of some of my favourite on-line games, like STW, but I realized that you'd have to know the owner pretty well. So someone suggested that if I wanted to gain some experience in this field, so I can say that I've done it, I now have a Windows server 2008  VPS from http://www.vps.net/ Once I get more experienced, I may switch to a different OS, such as CPanel, Sense OS, or Ubuntu. Someone told me you could run executables using Wine, or mono and asp, but they didn't say how to do it, just the fact that it could be done. I had learnt that you can sort of use your Windows server as if it were a desktop. You simply log into the server with Remote Desktop, open your browser on the server, install NVDA, install the games or TeamTalk, and voila! You won't have to worry about roters. All you need is a domain name or IP address.
I think one thing that we should add is sleep mode capability. When I play Survive the Wild, I have sleep mode enabled with NVDA, so that even if I pressed a key, the speech will NOT be interrupted. Also, should we add the ability to send private messages using the /pm feature, or via the server or the scon command, warn players if they are breaking rules, such as sending spams messages?
Thanks for putting out such an awesome game! :-) How do you add more servers to the list?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-01 14:22:52

Hey,

you're talking about RTR, right?
The way I do speech in RTR is pretty weird, and the new game will handle this much more gracefully. The only way to add servers to RTR is to send me the details and I will add it to the server list. This will also change with the new game.
The new game will also have a much more stable server under linux, so that's good.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-01 14:29:31

GhorthalonTheDragon wrote:

Hey,

you're talking about RTR, right?
Yes, I was referring to RTR.
The way I do speech in RTR is pretty weird, and the new game will handle this much more gracefully.
When you said new game, did you mean a future update?
The only way to add servers to RTR is to send me the details and I will add it to the server list. This will also change with the new game.
Do you prefer an IP address or a domain name such as Duckdns, DDNS, or NoIP?
The new game will also have a much more stable server under linux, so that's good.

How will you run it under Linux, and what kind of kernel would you need to run it in? I am absolutely clewless about Linux; I have zero experience with it.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-01 14:33:11

Also, might you be able to write a more comprehensive readme, and add a learn game sounds feature so people know what sounds mean?
Also, if we build maps, I think there should be a Readme for that, like in Scrolling Battles Your World and STW. Likewise, if players get stuck, you could use the Scon command to move them to a new location.
I'd be interested when you have the new update released. :-)

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-01 14:37:30

Hi,

It's not a new update, it's a completely new game. Not sure if you heard the demos in the posts above but I'm taking everything I learned and am trying to make something new. smile

If your IP address is static, give me that. If it changes, it would be better if you had a domain name that updates with your IP address so I don't have to constantly update the server. RTR's server list is super primitive

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-01 14:57:17

I'd need an authoritative DNS provider, because then if the IP address changes, it will update all resolving DNS caches within a short amount of time. I'll take a look, but what do you hope tal call your new game?
Also, what programming language is it being coded in? I noticed that all server.exe files are written in a terminal interface instead of a GUI. Why is this?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-01 15:11:15

Hi,

It doesn't have a name yet, it will get one when I get there. It's called FPJS as a project name and that leads perfectly into your other question, it got that name from it's development environment. I'm writing the game in JavaScript. Mainly as a test, WebAudio is pretty cool and multiplayer is super easy to implement.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-02 06:47:34

@SLJ, your server is fine and very stable.
@slender, thanks for posting the link for rtr single player mode, i really appreciate it.
@ghorthalon, you mind adding a sterrio sound test in the new game so players could know which is the left and right speakers?

2017-07-02 07:22:00

Hello,
I noticed that Housemap requires some kind of entity, but it said 000. Also, I noticed a map called Tutorial, but when I added it to the maps.list file, the server said error, even though the tutorial.dat file was both in the maps folder and in the server folder.
Also, how exactly does camping work? I had it set to 1 to enable, 10 for feet, and 1 for second, but the server read it as 1000, 10000, 1000.
Finally, what is map sending?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-02 11:59:05

@jolomifenemigho: Thanks for your comment. It's very nice to know that the server is stable.
@Ghorthalon: Thanks for all your replies. I have a few more questions about the current version of the game:
1. Previously, I had a big issue where players didn't got logged out of the server. So players who has left the server was still on the players list, and the server got filled up by 50 players or more because the list didn't got cleaned. But suddenly, this got fixed. Do you have any idea on why this was happening, and how to stop this from happening in the future?
2. I would also like to know what map send is on the server side. Does it mean I can create a map and the server will send the map to all the players who connect?
I'll keep my server running, but I think I'll focus on the new game instead of making a lot of things on the old game. I have the feeling that we might have the new game in a few months. Will the maps in the new game have full 3D so you also can go up and down? Properly fall down and loose some health if you don't watch out? That would be awesome...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-02 12:38:42 (edited by burak 2017-07-02 12:41:10)

I believe map sending is broken. It might be reading the camping stuff with milliseconds.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-07-02 13:49:10

Burak is right, it reads the values as milliseconds. It's all fine.
SLJ:L Yes, there will be height differences and losing health to fall damage. As to why this was happening, probably some network error. But the server is badly coded either way, so I'm not too surprised.

Map sending is broken, it won't work. Some missing entities probably happened because I updated the maps from dropbox and someone might have changed them.

The new game won't have all these issues. smile

And I don't think I need a speaker test. Control panel, sounds, select your sound card, applications key, test. Plays a downward tone in left speaker, upward tone in right speaker. Besides especially with HRTF it will be pretty obvious if they're the wrong way around. smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2017-07-06 01:38:39

where do I find the RTR readme and the key command reference