Game download: Here
DragonApps Forum | DragonApps Chat
September 2nd, 2012
- Finished work on different weapon classes. Finally working online, too.
September 1st, 2012
- added 3 new voices.
August 28th, 2012
- Fixed map syncing of sound objects
- Started work on different weapon classes
August 19th, 2012
- The game will now detect screen reader changes as you play.
August 18th, 2012
- Fixed the bug that would continuusly play the objects looping sound when the map was freed from memory.
August 16th, 2012
- Fixed the bug where if you were in voice mode, some of the information keys would still be processed.
- Hopefully fixed spawning, so you couldn't be shot to death twice.
August 15th, 2012
- Optimized the sound handeling even more... I hope that got rid of the sound issues people were having.
August 11th, 2012
- Improved some things with the sound handeling
- Added a new map, Factory.
August 10th, 2012
Added screen reader support.
august 8th, 2012
- Added server list option, which downloads a servers.list file from the dragonapps.org server and allows you to choose. This will be improved, of course, when people can host their own servers.
- Added a version check, which should also download new patches as they become available. Yay!
August 6th and august 7th:
- Made plans to have the game support multiple cores, if possible. This is not implemented, but it might be soon.
- A few small fixes here and there. Nothing major, probably not important to anyone but me.
August 5th, 2012:
Started changelog ... Let's seeif I can stick to it.
Changed the arrow keys to turn how they used to, due to popular demand. Play with a mouse though, it's much more accurate and get's you somewhere.
Fixed a bug where the game thought it was cheating when you collected QDamage.
Road To Rage I: Fires Of War
This document does not pass as a readme. It's something I quickly threw together to get everyone started with the game.
Note that this game is still in early beta stages. Things may not work fully, or be incomplete.
I do believe I've fixed all issues of beta 1 patch and 2. This, however, doesnot mean I actually did. I've just noticed not as many bugs myself anymore.
W, A, S and D move you in the 4 directions. W moves forward, S move sbackward, A and D sidestep, or strafe, you left and right.
Optionally, you can use up and down arrows to move forward and back.
Left and right arrows turn you left and right. Hold these keys down.
Optionally, you can hit Q and E to turn into the 4 compass directions. Q turns you left, E turns you right.
The number row selects your weapons. 1 through 0.
Left shift reloads your gun.
Left control shoots your gun.
Pressing V will activate the voice command mode. In this mode, each key becomes a voice command it will then say over the radio to other players to enjoy.
Pressing Z will tell you what direction you're facing.
Pressing X will tell you how many shots you have loaded into your gun.
Pressing C will tell you how many clips you have left to reload.
Pressing B will tell you your current coordinates.
Pressing N will tell you the nearest beacon, though this isn't used yet!
Pressing Slash will activate the console. From here, you can type chat messages, change your nick or team, etc.
Pressing F will tell you who has the flag in capture the flag mode.
Pressing H will tell you your health.
Pressing I will do a megajump forward, K will do a megajump backward.
Pressing space will jump you, useful for avoiding bullets.
Pressing tab will giv you information on the current multiplayer game.
Pressing escape will get you into the exit menu.
Pressing Enter will spawn you. Do this when you join and when you die.
Pressing left and right brackets scrolls through chat and server messages. Right shift and these keys will move you to the last/first.
In menus, up and down arrows move through the menu, and enter activates. Should you want to jump to one option immediately, press the number of the menu item.
Seeing this is just barely a beta, the game might be full of issues. A few that are already known:
The fists are currently handled just like any other weapon. So, you have QDamage.
Capture The Flag might be a little bit buggy. It wasn't tested enough, due to the small amount of maps to test it on. It might work though, it's just not tested as much as death match, team death match, and last man standing.
Sometimes, if you join a server, your default team won't get set. To be sure, type
, where 1 can either be 1 or 2.
All commands need either a slash, or a dash in front of it. Both will work, due to keyboard layout problems and shift keys.
Change your nick name, without having to change it in options. Example:
Will set your name to Someone
Team <1 or 2> Will set your team to that number
/uptime: See how long you've been connected for.