2024-03-15 02:10:55

firefly82 wrote:

Hey! If anyone has to thank anyone here, it's probably me!
It's a huge honor that I was able to contribute something of use to you!

Well I really appreciate it. Finding this bug when you did was critical. Apple was already able to get the update in and all should be fixed now.

2024-03-19 21:40:35

How’s the update turning out? Is directional pad movement better? Everything wording wise make sense and easy to follow?

2024-03-19 21:59:47

Can you explain to me exactly what the difference is in theory? Then I would try it out tomorrow with these aspects in mind. Personally, it was enough for me that there is now clarity in the walkable rooms.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play much in the last few days.

2024-03-20 03:50:52 (edited by TouchMint 2024-03-20 03:52:55)

firefly82 wrote:

Can you explain to me exactly what the difference is in theory? Then I would try it out tomorrow with these aspects in mind. Personally, it was enough for me that there is now clarity in the walkable rooms.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play much in the last few days.

I think it’s just more efficient to move by direction pad and quicker than scanning each floor all 24 rooms and then having to remember or scan again.

In theory you can quickly use the direction pad with hints on to explore and move through the whole game.

Hints saying what’s north before you go and it’s been explored or not.

Movement between floors now reading more clear that you are on a new floor and if it’s been visited or not.

2024-03-20 09:42:22

Hi.
Nothing has changed here regarding the direction pad. The west button doesn't still work for me. I'll hopefully get time to make a screenrecording today so you can see the problem.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2024-03-20 17:17:02

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
Nothing has changed here regarding the direction pad. The west button doesn't still work for me. I'll hopefully get time to make a screenrecording today so you can see the problem.

Thanks I appreciate it and sorry I have not been able to pinpoint the problem just yet.

2024-03-20 19:01:34

So, everything is going very perfectly for me! I love it! Now all that's missing is comfortable keyboard support and you've given us a massive masterpiece!
w, a, s, d, for movement
E for Search/interact
i for open Inventory
and so on and so on.
I can't even imagine how great that would be

2024-03-21 14:21:42

Hi @TouchMint

Here is a link to a hidden video on my Youtube channel, which means it's not shown to the public.
I press once wit three fingers to check the hint on the West button, and then I double tab it multiple times. I also demonstrate the other buttons in the navigation pad which works.
I slowed down the speech rate so you should be able to understand what VOiceover reads.
I hope that can help you investigate the issue.
https://youtu.be/mjV_3hsJAZo

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2024-03-22 05:24:25

SLJ wrote:

Hi @TouchMint

Here is a link to a hidden video on my Youtube channel, which means it's not shown to the public.
I press once wit three fingers to check the hint on the West button, and then I double tab it multiple times. I also demonstrate the other buttons in the navigation pad which works.
I slowed down the speech rate so you should be able to understand what VOiceover reads.
I hope that can help you investigate the issue.
https://youtu.be/mjV_3hsJAZo

Ok great. I maybe see the problem here the hp sp and stam buttons are overlapping the west button so it’s not letting you actually click the west button for some reason maybe? I’ll have to investigate and try a few things but it gives me something to work off of. Thanks so much for tracking this down. Hopefully I can have a fix this weekend.

2024-03-22 10:03:02

Hi.
You're very much welcome. I'm glad the video helped that much, and it would be amazing if the issue gets fixed.
How is it possible that the West button can be overlapped on some phones and not on others? Thanks for the explanation. That has puzzled me for quite a while, not having an idea on what was going on. It's interesting that only a few of us are having this issue.
Man, you work fast. haha. Looking forward to any updates, but no need to hurry. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2024-03-23 01:50:18

TouchMint glad to see your newest game up and running. I'm not sure you remember but many years ago during testing of one of your previous Adventure to fate games I had asked if you would send me the files of a couple of your sound effects. One of those named "Pet find" I turned into my text message alert tone that I still use as of this day for incoming texts from my wife. While searching for a way out just now the pet find tone went off after finding something which brought a smile to my face. Glad you are still using it in your games as it's become somewhat of a classic Adventure to fate tone for me

2024-03-23 04:27:41

Grabbed the game. Thank you for making something awesome. I'm still very sad I can't play the third title anymore thanks to ios version. I haven't even completed that one.:(

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-03-23 20:23:32

nolly wrote:

TouchMint glad to see your newest game up and running. I'm not sure you remember but many years ago during testing of one of your previous Adventure to fate games I had asked if you would send me the files of a couple of your sound effects. One of those named "Pet find" I turned into my text message alert tone that I still use as of this day for incoming texts from my wife. While searching for a way out just now the pet find tone went off after finding something which brought a smile to my face. Glad you are still using it in your games as it's become somewhat of a classic Adventure to fate tone for me

Of course I remember been about 8? Years now! You are an huge reason the game is what it is today! all the help, suggestions and testing is still very much appreciated!

Glad you are using that ringtone too! That’s so cool smile

2024-03-23 20:25:22 (edited by TouchMint 2024-03-23 20:26:47)

mata wrote:

Grabbed the game. Thank you for making something awesome. I'm still very sad I can't play the third title anymore thanks to ios version. I haven't even completed that one.:(

Thanks for the support! Yea for some reason quest to the future does not work well on iOS version 16. Never did figure out what caused it to break but glad everything seems to be working on iOS 17.

The new game Lost Island shouldn’t have any issues on iOS 12-17.

I will be releasing the old adventure games on this new more accessible framework after I get a few updates out for this game.

2024-03-24 23:04:49

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
You're very much welcome. I'm glad the video helped that much, and it would be amazing if the issue gets fixed.
How is it possible that the West button can be overlapped on some phones and not on others? Thanks for the explanation. That has puzzled me for quite a while, not having an idea on what was going on. It's interesting that only a few of us are having this issue.
Man, you work fast. haha. Looking forward to any updates, but no need to hurry. smile

Ok I was able to figure out your issue. It seems you just have Display Zoom enabled which is cluttering the display elements so they overlap each other.

To change this you can go to
Settings
Display & Brightness
Display Zoom (at the bottom)
Set to Default (instead of larger text)

Hopefully, this works for you and doesn't cause too many other issues with your everyday use.

Thanks for helping me solve this one. This has been an issue for others too.

2024-03-25 09:25:23

Hi @TouchMint.
Oh, thanks so much. That finally fixed the issue.
Man I feel stupid. I train visual impaired people in using smartphones, and had completely forgot all about I enabled the zoom feature years ago. smile
that's the first time ever I have experienced this setting conflict with any apps.
Again, thank you so much. I'm glad we could figure out this together and solve the issue. Not only for me, but also for others who have this issue.
I look so much forward to dive into this game.

Best regards SLJ.

2024-03-25 18:29:35

SLJ wrote:

Hi @TouchMint.
Oh, thanks so much. That finally fixed the issue.
Man I feel stupid. I train visual impaired people in using smartphones, and had completely forgot all about I enabled the zoom feature years ago. smile
that's the first time ever I have experienced this setting conflict with any apps.
Again, thank you so much. I'm glad we could figure out this together and solve the issue. Not only for me, but also for others who have this issue.
I look so much forward to dive into this game.

I am just glad I got it working for you. I have run into this issue with a few other people using VO and not using VO.

The great thing about this game being built like a standard app using standard controls means it works so well with VoiceOver. However, this also means zoom affects it like a standard app but there just isn't a lot of room so Voom messes things up.

I appreciate you sticking with me while I figured out the problem. This should help me help others too!

2024-03-27 10:35:00

Hi.
I just got an idea for the game, but I'm not sure if it will bring a great experience to the game other than for blind people:
What about adding controler support? Then, the four arrow keys could be used as the movement pad, X could be used for search/interact, start/pause button could be used for the menu. In battles, the arrow keys could be used to select between attack, skills, inventory. If you wanna read more information with Voiceover, you could just interact with the touch screen on the phone.
I don't know if that would work great with controler support and if it would be useful for others than for blind people. I would just post it to see what others think about this.

Best regards SLJ.

2024-03-27 10:56:24

HAHAHAHAHA, SLJ, you're probably skipping my comments, right? (smile)
I've been raving about how incredibly great keyboard support would be for months. But controller support is also a very interesting idea. I'm definitely for it!

2024-03-27 22:16:01

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
I just got an idea for the game, but I'm not sure if it will bring a great experience to the game other than for blind people:
What about adding controler support? Then, the four arrow keys could be used as the movement pad, X could be used for search/interact, start/pause button could be used for the menu. In battles, the arrow keys could be used to select between attack, skills, inventory. If you wanna read more information with Voiceover, you could just interact with the touch screen on the phone.
I don't know if that would work great with controler support and if it would be useful for others than for blind people. I would just post it to see what others think about this.

Yea, good ideas! I think after I get this first major content update out I will check out controller and keyboard support. Once I have that in and a few more QoL features on this game engine I can start re-releaseing the older games like Quest to the Core.

2024-03-28 15:16:41

Hi.
@TouchMint: Awesome. However, I do understand if controller support would be too difficult to add.
@firefly82:
hahaha. No I haven't skipped your comments. smile
Keyboard support would also be amazing. that might be easier to implement, I don't know.

Best regards SLJ.

2024-03-28 15:23:44

If AtF1 could be made accessible somehow and I have enough money to spare, I'd buy it as soon as I could, no kidding.
Also, keyboard support? Man, I may as well abuse my bluetooth keyboard on this one!

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-03-28 18:50:46

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
@TouchMint: Awesome. However, I do understand if controller support would be too difficult to add.
@firefly82:
hahaha. No I haven't skipped your comments. smile
Keyboard support would also be amazing. that might be easier to implement, I don't know.

Yea, I have no idea either how these projects will go haha. I have never added this support to any of my apps or games but once I get this major content update out I will get started on checking it out.

2024-03-28 18:51:28

mata wrote:

If AtF1 could be made accessible somehow and I have enough money to spare, I'd buy it as soon as I could, no kidding.
Also, keyboard support? Man, I may as well abuse my bluetooth keyboard on this one!

The idea is to re-release it as free with the option of donations or at the very most $.99 but I'm leaning towards free so more people get to play the game.

2024-04-05 20:48:05

Hey folks, just checking in and updating on the update.

Pretty much everything is done and I’m hoping to do some beta testing this weekend.

Lots and lots of changes and additions so I want to make sure everything is fully tested before releasing.

I will post the full update log early next week but here is a preview.

New Ancient Archer class (ranged class with lots of synergy and tactical gameplay
New Dwarf Race (forging masters)
Skill tree reset options
New pets

New ultra rare pets
New ultra rare items.

World file updates

Balancing updates

Plus lots lots more!

As always thanks for the support!