2024-03-03 09:31:39

shane wrote:

Hey, quick question, I haven't played any of the previous ttiles in this series, am I safe to pick this one up or will I be missing bits of story and context?

This one actually has a bit more story and than the others and a slight twist but it really doesn’t affect the gameplay at all.

This is by far the most accessible one so I’d start here. I’ll be remastering the older ones on this game engine in the coming months.

2024-03-03 11:06:58

Hi.
@TouchMint:
Yes, all other direction buttons works. I have just tried to remove the app without deleting the user data and reinstall it again, but that didn't made any difference. We are at leased two people who are having this issue.
Can you explain more about how the floors are connected? It doesn't make any sense to me. smile
Sounds great regarding the update.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2024-03-03 11:22:34

i didn't have that west issue in the beta.

discord: hellblade09

2024-03-04 00:30:54

I think I might have found a bug with voice over on this game. When I am playing the game I have vertical navigation selected.
If my character is on block 12 and I swipe up for the next row to move him to block 6. Voice over will read block 12 even if I keep swiping up.
How do you get around this? Also I think that when you enter a room the voice over cursor should automatically be on your character. Also it would be good to say the location number near the direction section for those who might just use the direction instead of doing the other way of moving around.

2024-03-04 07:06:57

hellblade09 wrote:

i didn't have that west issue in the beta.

Are you saying you are having it now too? If so what device and iOS? So I can try to figure this out more.

2024-03-04 09:01:50

cyco wrote:

I think I might have found a bug with voice over on this game. When I am playing the game I have vertical navigation selected.
If my character is on block 12 and I swipe up for the next row to move him to block 6. Voice over will read block 12 even if I keep swiping up.
How do you get around this?

Yes, there is a problem with tiles that have an image on it. This is not unique to this game or dev, it may be a VO problem.
Swiping up just focuses between the items on the tile. Swiping left and right sounds like you're move the focus to other tiles, but only the tile has a number and it says the other things there without a number.
I swipe left or right to then go up.
Also, swiping up from 12 would go to 7 not 6.

Also I think that when you enter a room the voice over cursor should automatically be on your character. Also it would be good to say the location number near the direction section for those who might just use the direction instead of doing the other way of moving around.

The center indicates what tile you're on, it says the number too.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2024-03-04 10:52:27

@Garr: Thanks for your explanation. The weird thing is that swiping up from the character keeps going in loop. Swiping either left or right and then back again does not work for me. The focus still acts weird when selecting the squares nearby the characters location.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2024-03-05 18:10:53

Can someone explain how to get into elevated rooms? I keep finding these rooms that I can’t access. I’m also having a lot of trouble finding keys for the locked doors. Do I have to search other floors for the keys?

2024-03-06 03:26:32

There is a transport somewhere else that helps you get to elevated areas.
Some of the keys are on the ground, most likely in dead-end sections.

Every day is a good day!

2024-03-06 03:34:39

SLJ wrote:

@Garr: Thanks for your explanation. The weird thing is that swiping up from the character keeps going in loop. Swiping either left or right and then back again does not work for me. The focus still acts weird when selecting the squares nearby the characters location.

If character is on 12, swiping right from 12 goes to the character and then to 13.
If there is something else, like an NPC, it takes another swipe.
Swiping left from 12 will go to 11, even if the character is there, that might be the best option, to then go up and around.

Every day is a good day!

2024-03-07 03:14:03

lml5280 wrote:

Can someone explain how to get into elevated rooms? I keep finding these rooms that I can’t access. I’m also having a lot of trouble finding keys for the locked doors. Do I have to search other floors for the keys?

All the keys should be on floors 7 and 8 (that’s where are the locks are too).

The skeleton key is a diversion. You can enter the cell behind that door with a standard bronze key.

You can reach the floor 5/6 elevated platform from floor 8 room 4. (Behind a locked door).

2024-03-07 03:16:30

SLJ wrote:

I may redo how the character on floors works and just add it as a hint to the floor.

You can also use the directional pad move about.

I am introducing headers for the rotor that should make navigating all pages of the game easier.

More details soon on that.

2024-03-07 17:06:26

Nice about the headings. that would make things easier to navigate.
Anything else I can do to help you bugfixing the issue with the West button not working?

Best regards SLJ.

2024-03-07 17:12:25

im not having the bug even now.
note that im not playing with vertical navigation.

discord: hellblade09

2024-03-07 17:44:11

Hello everyone,

I've started to play this Game Serie. It's pritty Awesome. I have a Question though. I have tried the Adventure to fate: Battle arena but it doesn't work. My Game crashed on my Iphone. I would like to play this game though. I'm gonna download the Future arena and the lost island one too. This Game is pritty nice. How can I play the Adventure to fate: Battle arena? Maybe someone can help me there.

Best regards

Werner Katz

I like to meet new People.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/katzwerner?lang=de

2024-03-07 18:36:33

SLJ wrote:

Anything else I can do to help you bugfixing the issue with the West button not working?

Sorry if I missed it but can you let me know the phone model and iOS version you are on.

Just to be clear the north, east south and search buttons all work? Only the west button on the directional pad is broken?

Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this problem!

2024-03-07 18:43:28

I don't have any issues with the west button either, and I do use vertican navigation. Wonder what's going on. I'm on the latest iOS version.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2024-03-07 18:48:08

Werner_Katz wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've started to play this Game Serie. It's pritty Awesome. I have a Question though. I have tried the Adventure to fate: Battle arena but it doesn't work. My Game crashed on my Iphone. I would like to play this game though. I'm gonna download the Future arena and the lost island one too. This Game is pritty nice. How can I play the Adventure to fate: Battle arena? Maybe someone can help me there.

Best regards

Werner Katz

Some of the older games have trouble if you are not on iOS 17 or higher. At some point an Apple update broke the games but iOS 17 seemed to fix them. Likely due to my poor coding but if you can update that device to iOS 17 it should work. (I just tested with and without voiceover). I will note that battle arena can be a bit harder to nagivate. It’s missing a lot of QoL voiceover improvements I made along the way. If you are wanting a free battler I would suggest future arena since it has those improvements and plays very similar to battle arena.

2024-03-07 18:49:14

Also the update 1.4 is ready. Please update to gain the use of headers with the rotor function. It also has some general bug fixes.

2024-03-07 19:01:06

Hi,
Thank you so much for this.
Loving what I have played so far, good to know the skeleton key was a diversion.  Spent ages looking for that haha.
I love being able to use the navigation pad and search buttons to easily find where I am.  It's far easier than hittingg exact squares all the time.  Though I do use that from time to time as well.

2024-03-08 11:13:54

TouchMint wrote:
SLJ wrote:

Sorry if I missed it but can you let me know the phone model and iOS version you are on.

Just to be clear the north, east south and search buttons all work? Only the west button on the directional pad is broken?

Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this problem!

Hi.
I'm using an iPhone 14 Pro.
IOS 17.3.1
I have just updated to the latest version of the game. Nice work on the headings.
The North, South and East buttons works just fine.
Pressing once with three fingers on the West button reads the hints like what's in the west direction, but nothing happens at all when double tapping the button to activate it.
I have tried the following:
1. Restart the phone by pressing volume up, down, and then hold down the side button until it restarts.
2. Remove the game without removing the user data, and reinstall the game again.
Nothing of that fixed the issue.
It's really a shame because I think it's a damn good game.
My current workaround is to use explore by touch to find the character, and then swipe to the square to the left of the character and double tab to move the character there. That worked for me until I got thrown back to the beginning after I died. Because of that, this way of navigating got too much a challenge for me. But I'll gladly return to the game again if the West button gets fixed, which will make navigation much easier for me.
I'm really puzzled on why only a few of us who are having this issue. I haven't made any special settings that I know about.

Best regards SLJ.

2024-03-08 14:37:03

@hSLJ:

Try updating to the latest iOS version; maybe that will fix the problem. I've never run the game on iOS 17.3; I've been using iOS 17.4 since I started testing. So far, 17.4 hasn't broken anything, so updating doesn't seem to carry any serious risks.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2024-03-08 15:48:52

@slj

Ok still working on this issue and thanks so much for working with me to help solve it.

A few more questions to get to the bottom of this.

If you go to the header movement then swipe right it should go to north. Then swipe right again it should go to west. Then swipe right again it should go to action / search button.

If it’s not doing this what is the order it’s going? North then action / search?

Any chance you can screen record this and send to me? Over discord this will let me know where your voiceover is going and if that button is active or not.

https://discord.com/invite/tksWbSnThu

You should be able to join the server then direct message me or i can message you once you join.

Thanks again and if you can’t join the discord let me know and I’ll try to find another easy way for you to get me that video so I can try to see what is happening exactly.

2024-03-08 15:50:13

For those struggling on navigating I setup a guides channel on the discord with a spoiler warning. The guides so far include direct routes through the cove and jungle areas.

I’ll be putting more indepth guides in like points of interest for each zone where to find pets etc.

https://discord.com/invite/tksWbSnThu

Once I get all these guides done I’ll likely post here too in a different thread market as all spoilers too.

2024-03-08 23:05:49

That is so weird about the west button.
I'm on an SE 17.3.1 and not having that issue.

Every day is a good day!