2024-03-09 17:25:03

Garr wrote:

That is so weird about the west button.
I'm on an SE 17.3.1 and not having that issue.

Yea I’m not sure what’s up but this is the only case I’ve heard of. I don’t have a 14 pro so I can’t really test to figure out what’s up. On the Xcode simulator 14 pro it works fine too.

2024-03-09 18:35:03

I also have the same problem on an iPad with 17.3. I'm currently updating to .4. I'll let you know if anything changes.

2024-03-09 19:04:08

Well, I'm honestly not entirely sure whether all this running around is correct labeled. Are rooms called ocean actually walkable? My suspicion here is that sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. I've definitely gone into rooms that were labeled Ocean. But sometimes I also get the message that I can't go there.

2024-03-09 21:24:07

@firefly82 Ocean tiles are never walkable. Make sure you don't lose track of which tile you're looking at on-screen; it can be pretty easy to do just because of how voiceover works.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2024-03-09 22:04:22

OK, but then something really isn't working because sometimes voiceover says ocean and I can still walk there.
Oh and he even calls it unexplored, which is pretty confusing when you can't actually go there.

2024-03-10 05:33:18

firefly82 wrote:

OK, but then something really isn't working because sometimes voiceover says ocean and I can still walk there.
Oh and he even calls it unexplored, which is pretty confusing when you can't actually go there.

You shouldn’t be able to go into ocean but thanks for catching that I should prob put a block for it to read unexplored on walls and ocean.

2024-03-10 05:50:42

I find it a little strange to navigate on the game using the directional pad, as I almost have to build a mental map of where I have been if that makes sense. Is this by design, or am i perhaps doing something wrong or misunderstanding?

For example, I’m at the first location you land when getting off the ship, and I have purchased some equipment from the shop already and have fought some crabs. The main issue here is that I have no idea where to go now. I can drag my finger around the tiles to hear what’s in the surrounding rooms, but I have to do math in my head to figure out how many times I need to hit the directional pad keys in order to figure out how to get to the area I am wanting to get to.

This is fine, just not my preferred method of moving on mobile since it just involves so much double tapping from voiceover

Is it possible to just see which interactables are in the map and auto travel there?

2024-03-10 14:34:13

@57
The directional pad is optional, you can double tap on the tiles next to the character too.
The pad says what tile you're on currently and the directions tell you the rooms next to you.
You should explore the map to know the layout, but if you know where you're going, the pad is easier.
Auto-travel doesn't make sense, the rooms are only 5 by 5, and sometimes it's beneficial to search other rooms other than the intended destination.
Keep in mind, this is a visual game given access to VO so we can play, it's not specifically made for only VO.
IMO the dev went above and beyond, and is still working on certain issues, some of which are VO related.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2024-03-11 11:12:42

Hi @TouchMint.
thanks for your reply.
I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll see if I can get time to make a video demonstrating the issue during the week. I don't use Discord, but I can upload a private video to my youtube channel, and just share the link here, or to you privately.
Regarding your questions:
I have updated to IOS 17.4, but that didn't made any difference.
From the movement heading comes the buttons in the following order when swiping to the right:
north, west, action/search, east, south.
So it seems like the buttons are placed correctly.
I'll make a screenrecording later on, but I'm not sure that'll make any difference when the buttons are placed correctly.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2024-03-11 20:15:42

SLJ wrote:

Hi @TouchMint.
thanks for your reply.
I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll see if I can get time to make a video demonstrating the issue during the week. I don't use Discord, but I can upload a private video to my youtube channel, and just share the link here, or to you privately.
Regarding your questions:
I have updated to IOS 17.4, but that didn't made any difference.
From the movement heading comes the buttons in the following order when swiping to the right:
north, west, action/search, east, south.
So it seems like the buttons are placed correctly.
I'll make a screenrecording later on, but I'm not sure that'll make any difference when the buttons are placed correctly.

Thanks for the info and that would be great. Let me know when you have time to upload to youtube and I will check It out!

Thanks so much for the help here!

2024-03-11 20:33:12

firefly82 wrote:

I also have the same problem on an iPad with 17.3. I'm currently updating to .4. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Your west button is also not working? Do you know what model/type of iPad you are using?

2024-03-11 20:56:20

Hey hey!

I wouldn't say the button never works. It doesn't work sometimes. Maybe just the adjacent rooms are announced incorrectly?
I'm using a latest generation iPad air here.
It would be really great if this helped you in some way!

I have a stupid question about the floors. Each floor has five rooms. Can I read a meaning for the map from the room number?
For example, does room5 mean I'm in the bottom right corner?
HAHAHA, I honestly admit that I'm a total looser when it comes to navigation in games.

2024-03-11 21:26:40

Asking about floors is actually a good thing.
Sometimes it's like an expanding floor and others is like overlapping areas.
Also, I found how to walk on ocean and walls, it's just a mislabeling thing.
Example: If you walk west against a wall, the south tile gets labeled wall like if you actually walked on the wall tile, but south is not really a wall.
If you walk south against an ocean tile, the tile to the west changes to ocean even though it really isn't, since you haven't moved.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2024-03-12 02:29:04

firefly82 wrote:

Hey hey!

I wouldn't say the button never works. It doesn't work sometimes. Maybe just the adjacent rooms are announced incorrectly?
I'm using a latest generation iPad air here.
It would be really great if this helped you in some way!

I have a stupid question about the floors. Each floor has five rooms. Can I read a meaning for the map from the room number?
For example, does room5 mean I'm in the bottom right corner?
HAHAHA, I honestly admit that I'm a total looser when it comes to navigation in games.

Yes the room numbers are always the same.

0 is the top left corner. then 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 is the top right corner.
5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19
20 is always the bottom left. 24 is always the bottom right

2024-03-12 17:38:37

Garr wrote:

Asking about floors is actually a good thing.
Sometimes it's like an expanding floor and others is like overlapping areas.
Also, I found how to walk on ocean and walls, it's just a mislabeling thing.
Example: If you walk west against a wall, the south tile gets labeled wall like if you actually walked on the wall tile, but south is not really a wall.
If you walk south against an ocean tile, the tile to the west changes to ocean even though it really isn't, since you haven't moved.

Good catch. I am working on that now.

2024-03-12 19:59:34

Just to add more clarifications about the term "floor", "floor" means "screen" in other games. so every room button on your screen is on the same "floor". there are 5 rows of buttons and each row starts with a multiple of 5, so (0, 5, 10, 15, 20).

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2024-03-13 02:17:27

Update 1.05 preview.

Main Game 

Content Updates
-Added the ability unlock the Draco Race (Hint: Molten Lava destroyer?) 

-Added the ability to unlock the Moon Elf Race (Hint: How high can you heal in 1 round?)
-Added the ability to unlock the Vampire Race (Hint: Monster Slayer?)

-Map Updates
-Added some earth resistance potions to drop from searchable plants in the jungle area towards the later floors (to help combat some of the harder monsters there). Note: These will only start appearing to characters created after you have updated.

General Improvements
-Changed wording on attacking enemies with taunt first. 
You must attack the enemy who is Taunting you first. (they have a shield over their head)

-Slightly adjusted player score for leaderboards to account for beating the game at level 21 and 22. (Tip: The lower level you beat the game at the higher score. Note: The amount of deaths you have is the main factor in player score.)
-Slightly upped text size on larger devices for main stats, action log and combat log.
-Updated Achievements code.

Voiceover Updates 1.05

-Rewrite of the movement and directional pad system for VoiceOver users! Should be a lot more accurate and helpful.

-You now get a message when moving from floor to floor “You moved to the new floor X”

-When moving to a new floor and then moving back to the previous it no longer says the wrong direction.

-VoiceOver directional pad preview hints are updated for walls, ocean, and elevated platforms like the stone walkway to be more descriptive and let you know you cannot go that way or you need to reach it from a different floor.

-When trying to move into a wall, ocean, locked door, open to pass, or elevated platforms like the stone walkway it no longer sets your direction pad location as inside that wall or ocean.

-Lookopen rooms that have objects in them and need searched to activate now read out as searchable

-Updated object rooms to read as Object: <name>. Details <info> (rather than object says)

-The directional pad hint now mentions if a room is elevated and out of your reach

-The directional pad hint now mentions if a room in that direction has a locked door. 

-Direction pad hints now say if the next room leads to a different floor and what floor that is.

-you walked has been replaced with you moved (to account for portals etc)

-You moved to a new floor now properly says if it’s been visited or not. (you moved North! To an unexplored new Floor 8)

-Search button Hint for searching a room that has a warp to a different floor now reads as: Searching this room will move you to floor 4! Your current location is floor 3 room 10.

-When trying to move out of the bounds of the map it now tells you that you are at the northern, southern, eastern, or western bounds.

2024-03-14 14:43:04

Interesting. I look forward to see if that fixes my problem with the navigation pad. Really great job on the new update.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2024-03-14 15:51:10

I totally agree with SLJ and can hardly wait!

2024-03-14 18:25:14

SLJ wrote:

Interesting. I look forward to see if that fixes my problem with the navigation pad. Really great job on the new update.

yea, hoping changing the interface a bit and changing how the buttons worked fixed this problem. If not hopefully you can screen record yourself trying to use the West and upload to youtube so I can try to piece together what the problem is.

The update has been released. Should be about an hour or so until its live on the store.

2024-03-14 20:25:53

Great!!! Now I understand the navigation a lot better! Good job!
But somehow I can't access the inventory right now. When I click on menu at the top, nothing happens. Or should it be like that when I'm in the pirate hideout and I have to go back to the beach?
HAHA, I'm pretty sure I'm just too stupid for that, haha!

2024-03-14 21:09:01

firefly82 wrote:

Great!!! Now I understand the navigation a lot better! Good job!
But somehow I can't access the inventory right now. When I click on menu at the top, nothing happens. Or should it be like that when I'm in the pirate hideout and I have to go back to the beach?
HAHA, I'm pretty sure I'm just too stupid for that, haha!

Glad the navigation is working correctly and you like it.

As for the menu the only time you shouldn't be able to access is on the ship. This is very weird. Have you tried closing the game completely and reopening? Do you know what event happened before that, which might have caused it?

I don't think I made any changes to the interface or code that would affect the interface up there.

you are on an iPad correct?

2024-03-14 22:05:35

I actually tried the restart thing straight away. Unfortunately that didn't change anything.
Could you maybe add two different sounds when you turn on and off the menu? Then you could know with certainty whether it is currently active or not.
Something very simple. High-pitched sound for faded in. Deep tone for hidden.
With the iPad you are absolutely right :-)
I actually went through everything twice after clicking menu and nothing new came up.
I still don't think it's out of the question that I just did something fundamentally wrong, haha.

2024-03-14 23:13:33

firefly82 wrote:

I actually tried the restart thing straight away. Unfortunately that didn't change anything.
Could you maybe add two different sounds when you turn on and off the menu? Then you could know with certainty whether it is currently active or not.
Something very simple. High-pitched sound for faded in. Deep tone for hidden.
With the iPad you are absolutely right :-)
I actually went through everything twice after clicking menu and nothing new came up.
I still don't think it's out of the question that I just did something fundamentally wrong, haha.

Thanks for pointing this out it looks to be a voiceover issue for iPads. I submitted an update as soon as I figured out what was going on.

Thanks so so much for finding this so quick. Hopefully the new review doesn’t take too long. It’s currently in review right now.

2024-03-14 23:19:32

Hey! If anyone has to thank anyone here, it's probably me!
It's a huge honor that I was able to contribute something of use to you!