2024-01-09 19:06:28

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, and I hope I will express myself in the right way.

Right now, I'm creating a puzzle game that will be fully capable of including blind people. I don't have blind gamer friends and would like to share my creation progress, inviting anyone interested to test my game and give me some feedback to create a better game expearence. I've made a short presentation about my game on YouTube; here is the link.: https://youtu.be/ZZCt_psJmDg?si=gms7XA1CXCardhZ8

2024-01-09 19:21:27

hi
i m send message pm

2024-01-09 23:31:14

Hello @1, welcome to the forum. Can you give more info about the game? What is the background? In which platform/s will it run?
Thanks in advance.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2024-01-10 00:10:01 (edited by salciunas 2024-01-10 00:18:42)

Hi Harmir, I'm still working on refining the concept for the game. The current flat game description reads as follows: "Embark on your Gold Knight adventure featuring 2.5D puzzles, Sokoban gameplay, and exclusive challenges. Master the binary realm of Light and Darkness to forge powerful Gold Orbs. Survive the Darkness by employing memory strategies and sound hints."

However, I feel that something might be missing or there could be too much going on. In the first/main post, I included a YouTube link where I attempted to explain the game mechanics verbally. My biggest doubt lies in the memory aspect because it seems like there might be too much multitasking. I'm considering keeping the game entirely audio-based. This means that with each step you take, you'll hear a mini sound in front of you. All traps, barriers, and enemies will also produce sounds, requiring players to recognize and process these auditory cues to progress. Additionally, there is a magical bird friend that aids you along the way.

Since I'm working on a new game concept, it's still in development. Currently playable, I'm not completely satisfied with the product, so I'm striving to improve it. I'm also looking for testers who would be interested in participating and providing clearer feedback.

Edit: I'm creating it with the Godot engine. I plan to release it on PC (Windows/Linux) and maybe Mac. I was considering making it available on mobile as well, but I'm unsure about the controls. Do blind people play mobile games with touch screens? Is it possible?

2024-03-07 06:19:56

Hi, I have just created a demo for the game. You can find more information about it here: https://forum.audiogames.net/post/833577/#p833577