2011-03-16 22:52:21

Hi everyone,
is there a good program for recording sound from your soundcard that can be used in BGt?
I mean the sounds can be used in BGT?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-03-17 00:32:25 (edited by cachondo 2011-03-17 00:33:36)

hi,

Any recording application should be able to capture output from the sound card rather than the microphone, including GoldWave, Audacity and even the built-in Windows Sound recorder.

How you set this up depends on your operating system and sound card and, unless you want your screen reader speech included, you'll have to record, turn your speech off somehow, then play the sound and edit the resultant output.

Personally I use GoldWave and Audacity, depending on what I want (the former is not free, the latter multitrack).

2011-03-17 00:50:46 (edited by daniel 2011-03-17 00:53:13)

ok thanks.
Just a quick question,m how do I set the recording input in audasity to soundcard and allso, how do I record in audasity?Thanks,

Daniel

2011-03-17 01:25:59

Daniel,

to record in audacity you simply hit  R in a blank file.  space plays and stops, p pauses.

To set your recording device depends, as I said, on your operating system and sound card.

In windows XP,

you can launch the windows volume control from the accessories/entertainment section of programs in the start menu.  Choose options then properties, tick the "recording" radio button, and hit OK.  In the resulting window, you want to tick the box next to "what you hear", "stereo mix", or "mono mix", depending on your sound card.

In Windows 7,

Things are a bit easier because each "device", such as microphone or mix, is a separate recording source.  Open Audacity's preferences (from the edit menu or ctrl+p).  The second and third combo boxes on the default "devices" tab allow you to specify the input or output sources.

hope that's helpful, just a rough guide from memory.

if you want to output raw speech, such as from a SAPi voice, you might want to try a separate app that can do this.

2011-03-17 01:31:42

is this not more appropriately placed in the off-topic forum?  Can a moderator move it?

2011-03-17 02:56:20

ok thanks so much.
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-03-17 03:22:32

Hi,
I got it to work!
Thanks.
Just a quick question.
I have finnished the recording I am working on but how do I make it louder?
It is very low the sound I mean.
thanks,

Daniel

2011-03-17 11:22:43

All right, I just moved it. It's true that this probably is not related to games enough to be in the general discusiion room.
Dark and Cx2, do you leave redirects for topics that you move, or not?
Thanks,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-03-17 15:42:21

Daniel,
What kind of sound? If you're using a mike with wave0out, mix, stereo mix, or what you hear, the mike does not seem to work very well.I hended up getting a mixer which fixed that problem. What you'll want ot check is the volume of the mix you are using.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-17 16:01:25

daniel wrote:

how do I make it louder?

You can use the amplify item in the effect menu to increase the volume.

2011-03-17 21:12:41

I normally amplify by around 5-10DB at a time. be sure to check the allow clipping box, unless you care about clippping.

2011-03-18 21:06:42

ok thanks.
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-03-20 07:22:48

you can launch the windows volume control from the accessories/entertainment section of programs in the start menu.  Choose options then properties, tick the "recording" radio button, and hit OK.  In the resulting window, you want to tick the box next to "what you hear", "stereo mix", or "mono mix", depending on your sound card.

Hello.
When I go to my programs> accessories>entertainment> volume controll. and when it is launched I go to options,click on propertys,then a windo opens.then a combo box saying mixer device I have 2 things in the box.conecsent HD audio output and conecsent HD audio imput. if I have my arrow on imput,and when I press tab it says recording radeo button checked but I can not check or uncheck that button.And if I put my arrow on output and press tab I get a playback radeo button checked. same as above I can't check or uncheck that .So here is what I am doing. Takeing my arrow to imput the recording radeo button is checked,and after that I press tab again,there's a list view in which I have line in and microphone.They both are checked. Then when I press tab again,and okay, a recording controll opens like a volume controll. there's line in balance line volume, a check box saying select and then microphone balance and volume a check box again,and a advance button.When I press the advance button,I just get a check box and a close button,the check box says microphone boost.

Could anyone help me in what to do to record sound through my leptop speakers or my headphones even?I'd really be greatful.Thanks in advance.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2011-03-20 11:30:38

Grif,

Sounds like your sound card doesn't support recording what you hear directly.  Maybe try updating the drivers?  I'm not familiar with the model.

Another approach, though it will cost a bit, is to pick up a USB sound card.

My internal realtek card isn't brilliant, but it does support both microphone and stereo mix.  A quick EBay for USB sound cards will net you loads under £15.

2011-03-20 13:48:11

it sounds like the setting that you are looking for is on the input mixer thingy. My sound card is set up the same way. They can't seem to put both radio buttons on the same mixer for some reason. But when you choose the input option tab pass the radiobutton and make shure everything in the list view is check. then hit OK. and you should beable to find what you are looking for on the resulting window. HTH

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-03-20 14:46:21

Hi.
When I click on ok,I get only the volume and the balance thing.
I think cachondo maybe is right,but the thing is . I was able to record properly before I had to format my pc.After that I am having these li'l problems with mixing files in   recordings,other files. and such. I have even tryed different audio recorders.like gold wave ,wavepad etc.
I think I should create a seprat topic for it but since I am writeing it all here,I don't think A need to do it again.
Thanks. For all the help and suggestions.
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2011-03-20 15:03:35

See of there is a list before the OK button. If it is anything like my computer it only show the things that had been checked in this list.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-03-20 15:29:28

gryffindore wrote:

I was able to record properly before I had to format my pc

If you could, then logic says a driver update should fix it.

maybe a play with something like Driver Doctor would ensure you have the most up-to-date drivers.

hope that helps!

2011-03-21 07:00:52

cw wrote:

See of there is a list before the OK button. If it is anything like my computer it only show the things that had been checked in this list.

Yes.That's true.Say if I uncheck microphone or line in,that won't come up in the next window.But all I get it is only the volume and balance for any of them. No other options.
Thanks.I'll try the driver DR and see what happens.

Follow me on twitter

2011-03-21 14:05:15

Hi,
ALso, a much more expensive option, although one that does work, is to purchase a mixer board. I have one that was something like $300.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-22 17:14:03

Hi,
I recommend audio recorder for free or sound forge, they are good recorders. Also with sound forge, you can edit something.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-03-27 19:01:26

hi everyone,
can someone please tell me how to amplify in goldwave?
Allso, is there a key command to stop recording in goldwave?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-03-27 19:18:12

Hi,

All you have to do is just press control f8

2011-03-27 20:34:09

In GoldWave, you can maximise the volume from the effects, volume, maximize item.  If you want to clip you can just use the effects, volume, change item to go up as high as you like.

As   Muhammedit's ctrl+f8 to stop recording.

2011-03-27 20:59:37

ok thanks!