2021-04-12 13:29:22

I decided to take up learning Spanish to help me learn Latin in the future. Any native speakers or people that are fluent enough willing to give me some of their time on discord, team talk or Skype to voice and text chat so I can improve? If that’s not possible are there any good Spanish-speaking communities I could join?

2021-04-12 18:56:35

encuéntrame en discord como germanico#9335
no se cuanto tiempo necesites, pero me gustaría probar

i am the best bread in the world.

2021-04-12 19:04:47

Hello,
I am a native spanish speacker. The best thing you can do to improve is trying to listen Videos, Music, or movies. listen to the language would help you with your pronunsiation. As you fill more comfortable, you can try to read a book for beginners. the good thing about Spanish is that you can read, and write really easy, because you don't have to wory about how to read and how to pronounce things.
I would love to help you. but right now, I don't have too much time unfortunately. contact me for PM if you wish, so you can ask me any questions or concerns.
another resource is Duolingo. It is a verry grate resource to start with. when I was learning English, it help me a lot!

2021-04-12 19:49:21

gracias 2 y 3
I sent you a friend request @2
@3 thank you. If I have any questions I will PM you

2021-04-13 01:08:50

I'm also a native spanish speaker. I also recommend what 2 and 3 said. And or heaven read a novel in Spanish, like the all famous Don Quijote de la Mancha.

73 Wj3u

2021-04-13 09:53:12

Really interesting, post 2 has the name Germanico, which inclines the German in English oder der Deutscher in German, o il Germanico nel'Italiano, and he speaks natively Spanish.

2021-04-13 16:43:03

I too am a Spanish speaker.  I think of myself as native mostly because I was born to a Mexican family, and I had to learn Spanish to converse with my mother who does not speak any English.  So, while I primarily speak, write in and generally use English and feel most comfortable with it I can fluently and quickly switch to Spanish when necessary.  I'm not an insta-translate type because words, by which I mean when I hear a word, phrase or sentence in English, I'm always trying to think of and or look up as precise an equivalent in Spanish and do not settle for something Generic.
Example: Owing to my wife's constant health issues, she has previously made the statement "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired."  In English, the statement makes sense based on context.  IN Spanish, the statement does not because of the wording.
"Estoy enferma y cansada de estar enferma y cansada."
Bwuh?
When you use those words the meaning of the sentence changes entirely.  "Enferma" in English literally translates to the word "infirm," which generally means weak or mentally ill owing to age and is not a commonly used word in every day American English.  On the other hand, in Spanish, you usually don't describe yourself as feeling "infirm"/"enfermo/aa" when talking about being sick.  I'm used to hearing "Me siento mal."  In English, the word "mal" is literally closest to the word "malady" if we're discussing health, or "Malice" if the context allows for the discussion of evil.  IN essence, that makes the statement really screwy no matter which way you phrase it.  If you say, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired" You're just being redundant for the sake of doing so and calling yourself an old infirm individual.  If you try to change it to "I'm bad and tired of being bad and tired..."  I could be feeling emotionally upset about feeling tired and ill all the time, feeling super evil about being lazy, or just complaining because I want to complain!
Proper translation?  "Estoy Harta dde siempre sentirme mal."  In English, that literally translates to, "I'm fed up with always feeling ill."  Waaaaaaaaaaa!  All that fuss just to make a simple statement?  Such is the story of my life!  And yes, this is based on a true story!  My wife posted that statement on facebook and my mom called me to chew me out about it because translation!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2021-04-13 17:04:50

Hey there! I'm also a native spanish speaker, so if I can help with anything just drop me a PV or something like that.
Also, I wouldn't recommend someone whose learning to read the quixote, since the spanish used in that novel is somehow arcaic and, he might not be able to understand sertain expressions. Imagine a person whose getting familiarised at learning english and trying to read some old shakespeare? heck, I'm a christian preacher and, I gotta admit that reading the king james bible its not easy for me at times, don't even talk about quoting it

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2021-04-13 17:29:28

Woooo I have yet to read Don Quixote in its entirety. I should though.  I really should.  I mean, I did the Merry Adventures of Robinhood which is fairly old English, and while one is about a bunch of guys out in the woods doing daring and heroic things in the age of English high-born knights and kings and the other is about a guy who looses his mind and thinks he's doing more or less the same, it's also like, one of the greatest works of art known to man and, as I understand it, the second most translated book in the world, behind the bible.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2021-04-23 16:46:42

Hi nocturno,
Well, personally Don Quijote could be and it is one of the best spanish language novels I've red. And since we're talking about it today is spanish language day, but also English language day.

73 Wj3u

2021-04-23 19:10:49

I could also use some practice with speaking, as I hope to be a Spanish teacher one day, and am currently a college student taking Spanish. Any conversational practice would be useful!
I have never used Discord before. Is there another platform on which any of you are reachable?
Gracias por algo que me puedan ofrecer.