2020-10-18 00:26:48

Well I can't download this. It is stuck at 99% and the it just says download is unsuccessful. Then as a downloads folder, it says something like unconformed download.

2020-10-18 03:03:30

okay finally got it download. Lag lag lag. Congrats for releasing the game, but. Every time i try to send a message, it does not go through until 2 min later. Same with selecting numbers for weapons and all that and doing other stuff.

2020-10-18 04:19:21

@Cross: I'm not running away from any sort of criticism at all. I know being a developer means standing up to that type of stuff, but it certainly doesn't mean that by moving to Twitter means I'm trying to run away from criticism. That's like saying a mouse is trying to run away from a cat when the mouse is simply trying to find a new home.
I'd like to repeat yet again that you are still using past mistakes as leverage, and I'd like to counter that the people who look at the past mistakes of someone are the people that fall. I have made myself clear that I am aware of all the things I did on BTS, and how arrogant and rude I was, both to you, the people who were giving constructive criticism, and the people who simply looked at me like I'm trash. But sitting there in the shadows will not help. Back in your post 14 you said something about a light in the darkness. Unfortunately, and I'd like to say this, the person that is currently still in the dark, and brutal past, is you. You need to come out, and realize that I am trying my best here.
That is all from me. Have a good day.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-10-18 09:59:16

I actually like this concept. Please make something out of it. Personally, I'm having no lag whatsoever, probably because the server's in Europe somewhere. Also, Lmao to all of you who keep saying fps games where you just kill are wrong or underfeatured. Do you have any idea what "fps" means? It means first person shooter. In a first person shooter, your primary goal is to, that's right, shoot things. That's how it is with Fortnite, cod, and all the other mainstream fps games. Shooting things is at their core.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-10-18 13:42:50

Hi,
@54 absolutly right. But all the fps's you just mentionned, if they certainly share many caracteristics, do not have everything in common. Each has its own concept, scenario, ambiance and, most of all, game engine.
Trust it doesn't please me at all to say so. I don't find any particular pleasure or convenience in criticism , I just wonder how many of these it will take for people to finally leave this al behind and start thinking, inventing, creating with ambition, originality and ideas in mind.

Best regard,
Simon

2020-10-18 14:35:05

Ok then. Let's also introduce another variable. It's called money. And mainstream fps devs have billions of dollars of it. Tunmi doesn't.

2020-10-18 15:40:30

@Tunmi except it does, because you know full well that not everyone is going to go on Twitter just to make a tweet storm or thread about your games. So by doing so, you're reducing significantly the amount you get. I'd like to know how it is that I'm stuck in the past, when a lot of my points that I've made against BS still actually apply to this game.

But you're not even paying attention to the things I've said. Either that or you don't care. Because the guns sound weak as hell, the animals are still saturated in the stereo field, and their footsteps are still tiny for what they are. They also seem to spawn very close to you instead of wandering towards you.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-18 16:46:27

The explanation Tunmi gave for stereo animalls is that they're ghosts so they do that when you kill them.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-10-18 17:26:59

OK but you don't pan stereo sounds in a 3D environment. To do it well, you need very expensive software. You're not going to ahve the same experience in a BGT game. The sounds need to be mono while they're walking so that you can target them easier.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-18 19:40:44

Hi,

I downloaded the game today and must say it is not that bad except for the sometimes unbearable lag, among others.
Great concept though, keep it up!

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-10-18 20:11:14

I’ve never seen so much like in my life.

2020-10-18 21:31:59

Uh, to those saying its not original, have you actually played it?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-10-18 23:31:37

Agreed with Ironcross.
@54 The same kinda |fps| has been repeated for about 5 years now. Remember Redspot? That one had the same inventory system, movement, physics, car movement, shortcuts. Now we move about x years into the future when that game called The Killer was released to the public. Same stuff: same physics, also written in bgt and everything. Then there was 2018/2019 where the clone wars began between ag.net and kids. Ultimately, ag.net beat the kids in a very close battle, but you know what all those kids had in common? They moved the same way, used the same car controls, sounded the exact same, had the same bk3 camera, used similar weapons, shall I go on?
Also how the frick does a person jump that high in all of these fps's?
Is there originality in this? Creating maps yes. Sounds sorta (although you need a lot of money to buy them so I can understand that), concept absolutely not, movement and physics no.
Could this potentially be a good game if you moved away from bgt, got a good server host by paying and built the game from the ground up? Absolutely!
That does and will take a lot of time probably. I suggest going back to what you did earlier this year, aka developing offline games.
And no, I am not a programmer or anything like that. I'm just a normal kid.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-10-18 23:48:09

man, someone go make something other than kill games. they're getting boring. maybe something like minecraft. building stuff, just not with a building menu lkie sbyw. Hmm. Just saying. We have a bunch of fighting games. well. we've seen enough of them to be exact.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-10-19 00:24:47

I don't think it's fair to say that it's unoriginal, but it's not exactly ground breaking either.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-19 02:52:11 (edited by tunmi13 2020-10-19 02:52:45)

Ghosts are supposed to be hard to hit. Partly why I made them stereo to begin with.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-10-19 02:58:04

That just doesn't make sense though. That would be like if I had a beeper in both hands, and I was holding them straight out, then at the same time, I was humming, you had to hit the part of me that was humming. That's not a design choice, it's ineptitude. There are so many other ways you could have made it challenging to hit them other than trying to unsuccessfully pan stereo audio in a stereo space.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-19 03:48:54 (edited by moaddye 2020-10-19 03:49:27)

only thing I have against this is the fact that it is overfilled with lag. why do you have everything in one map? I think that's the problem, though I'm no expert in coding.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-10-19 06:01:26

My gord. You act like its so easy to make a minecraft game, especially at his level. Expect that of Ivan or something. Not tunmi.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-10-19 09:39:53

Ok @63 and @64, you may as well stop the flailing about because you're beginning to contradict yourselves in each of your posts. If this was a pvp game like all the other ones, I'd totally understand where you were coming from. But it isn't. Every single kid-made fps game of the last 5 years (rs, tk, fire fight etc.) was a pvp game, possibly excluding fire fight bots if it had any. This game, however, is completely PVE. The *only* other PVE fps out there is Swamp, and its online mode is payed. If this game were developed further and the lag were fixed, tunmi could provide a free alternative to Swamp for those people who can't pay for an online swamp account. And as for the controls and concepts, you should be careful what you wish for. You bash this game for using the same concepts (camera, movement style, controls etc.) as other fps games, then you ask for SBYW's building menu to be added into a new Minecraft type game? What makes SBYW's building menu different? Why, in your opinion, is it allowed to rip off that menu but not the bk3 camera, which I might add, is also in SBYW? I'll take this time in my post to remind you that SBYW's building menu is just as often coppied as these other features. I recall that 3dYW or whatever it's called, Bloodstorm, and perhaps other side scrollers with building elements took this menu idea. No one complained then. Instead of wining about the bk3 camera or the similar movement system, how about you come up with something to replace it? How do you want to look at the environment instead of using the camera? Do you have any ideas about how to move around a 3d environment, other than the established method, which, might I remind you, has been established since evne before the bgt fps times? Because let me tell you, mainstream fps movement works in a similar way. You can move forward and back, strafe, turn, and climb, perhaps with different keyboard/mouse/gamepad controls. The only differences are that you can also aim your gun without turning entirely, and that you have more options when it comes to things to climb, vault, or jump over. But as I've stressed before, that won't happen here no matter how much you complain. In fact, that won't happen for most audiogames. To me, it seems you're complaining just to have something to complain about, and hiding your trolling behind a vail of what you might call "constructive crytisism". Do what you will after reading this, but personally, I think this is quite low. I'm not trying to favour Tunmi here. I don't know the guy and don't owe him much of anything. All I know is that he's a promissing young dev, and I've been around long enough to know what a promissing young dev's first projects look like. Usually, they pail in comparasson to the newer releases. And while this isn't Tunmi's first project strictly speaking, it is his first foray into online development without anyone else helping him, as was the case during Bloodstorm's development. Also, don't forget that Bloodstorm was based on a previous game with online functionality, and thus, it already had a lot of online infrastructure built in by mason, whose done a lot of things related to online gaming. Are ther eissues with this game? Yeah. The lag needs to be fixed, and there need to be more features added to both make this game stand out and reinforce the cooperative play aspect. But all trees started form a seed, as we know.

2020-10-19 14:51:02 (edited by tunmi13 2020-10-19 14:51:15)

@Cross: Again that is the point. The stereo is intentionally there, and the panning is intentionally there, to make the hitting process harder. The fact that you are complaining means that I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish, the difficulty of hitting them. LOL

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-10-19 16:23:37

Lol, he's actually proud of using poor man's trickery.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-19 16:47:49

@70
it’s not only swamp. There is also undead assault. And humans versus robots was a thing. I’ve played both of them and I wasn’t impressed with either of them. This seems to be the same

2020-10-19 17:50:18

Hello,
I have tried the game for a bit, and here I'm not experiencing major lag at the moment. However, the reason I tried it is because people wanted it translated to Serbian, so I wanted to help. However, I am not sure how you decided on the translation system for this game, but at the moment it isn't very efficient, unless I did not understand it correctly. So the way the readme explains it is I have to manually write each original English option, put the equals sign and translate it. Instead, you should just have an English file with all the available strings that can easily be translated.

2020-10-19 19:00:32

too big lag.