2020-10-17 05:02:57

Hi. You should separate a safe zone map, a main map, and so on. If you put everything on the same map there will be a lot of lag. Another thing, I've been trying to translate more things into Spanish but it doesn't accept the accents or the letter ñ. you have to reduce lag as quickly as possible. I have an internet that is not the best, nor the worst, 50 mb. The ping took 7391ms

2020-10-17 05:36:37

I'm one of the beta testers, and crist. Yesterday when I logged on it was a huge outcry from the 99MS ping I used to get. Like, there were lag spikes, but ewhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhhww. @Vulcan, I'm afraid I don't see your point I believe ironcross is entitled to voice his opinions about the game or the deveoper.

I'm hopeful the lag gets fixed because it was indeed a fun one. And I'd probably suggest to remove the dragon, and keep it simple as it is now. Like, I likd the new editions, but I missed the simplicity from the old beta days.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-10-17 05:38:42

Mind you they switched to a different server, which is much much better. My pings are back to where they ued to be

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-10-17 05:54:41

Still concerned about the link that I clicked on post 1. It doesn't work.

2020-10-17 05:57:07

They just need their own server instead of relying on other people's. What happens when, dot dot dot. Well we found out when Mason pulled the plug on BS. It could happen again.

I get the logistics though. A 16 year old ain't in the best shape to be paying for things. Blindness of course adds to that strife.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-17 12:44:12

I found lag issue.
when you are near players, it starts to lag
or if too many people shoots.

meow meow.

2020-10-17 12:46:08

@14 Mohamed isn't a co developer in the game. Infact, he doesn't even login with a developer client so yeah.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-10-17 13:17:53

@Ironcross32 Sadly I must agree.
This message may sound a little useless, but clearly my English isn't good enough for me to say how deeply sad I am to see the concept of audiogame going down this way. Someone should probably take the time to count how many similar topics this forum has to offer. Again, we're talking about the same fps, probably with the same sounds or most, certainly based on... guess what, killing stuff. With no scenario at all except for a few lines in the doc file.
I know I shouldn't say so. I should be encouraging developpers, trusting them, atleast I should stop expecting things to change. But I keep going back here, checking the new projects.
I think you can't imagine how I feel. Only in French could I put that properly. But when I have to tell sighted people about audiogames nowadays, what do you want me to show them ? Two manamon games and three dayboukenns against hundreds of... ultrapower, undead assault, battle constant or whatever it's called?
Oh for sure you might answer that there are plenty of fps's or such among videogames, but are they based on the same concept, the exact same concept? We're talking about audiogames friends, noone said that it had to be a guaranty of quality in temrs of gameplay, but atleast the sound design should provide a partcularly immersive experience, otherwise what's the point ? I've reached a point, where I could easily be satsfied with a simple game, even a bad one, with great sound design that would atleast give me the feeling that I'm playing a regular game, something I could proudly talk about.
Easy to complain of course, far more difficult to change things. You're right. I'm not a game developper, I'll never be. I have no skills for it. But I spent years following the audiogame history from the inside, enough to say that something happened a few years ago, something terrible that copletely ruined ambition in this community. I'm not raging or anything, I'm just awfully disapointed, and had to say it once.

Best regard,
Simon

2020-10-17 14:02:02

Hello, just wanted to let you all know that the lagg is fixed.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2020-10-17 14:28:29

the game is interesting!

2020-10-17 14:36:56

the game has a lot of lag. before the ping told me 7000 MS and now 3000 MS. i hope they fix it.

2020-10-17 14:39:20

lag is fixed? let's check roflflfl

meow meow.

2020-10-17 14:44:48

Thanks for the Portuguese translation starboy.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-10-17 15:31:03

Good concept.

2020-10-17 15:34:01

So here's a problem not easily fixed. It's the problem of internationality. See, bigger games will have servers in multiple countries. And let's say that there isn't one in yours, well, if you're in Europe, chances are that there's one in a country near enough to you to not make that big a difference. But with games like this, people on other continents are fucking things over for everyone. It's certainly not their fault. It'll happen even if they have good internet, but saying for a second that they have not so good internet, that only compounds the problem.

But what can you do? The community isn't large enough, and it's not financially feasible to open multiple servers in other countries. So no matter how good the game is coded, no matter how fast the server is, having an international community playing on a game with one central server just slows it down for everyone.

By the way, I'm not trying to discriminate against anyone's country. There would be no difference if the server were hosted in the USA, the UK, Italy, Malaysia, or Australia. The only difference is that you could say that we were fucking it over for you if it was hosted in your country.

Pings over 300ms are bad, yet we see people with pings of many seconds. This leads to the server and client becoming out of sync with each other. Then, when they finally re-establish communication, you'll have behavior like popcorning and rubberbanding. Also, if it seems that you yourself are not experiencing this clientside, doesn't mean that others aren't seeing you bounce all over the place.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-17 15:48:50

I think it is possible to have multiple servers, but I don't think it's possible to have multiple servers forming one central server like the mainstreen games do.
I think there are enough people willing to host the game for free, so if you would add custom servers or just multiple servers in general this would fix the problem.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2020-10-17 15:51:08

the dragons are causing this issue.

meow meow.

2020-10-17 15:53:36

Oh boy.
Another BGT FPS with lag problems and a drama topic. Typical. Fucking typical.

2020-10-17 16:40:04

@43 Agree. I have to say though, that even if the game would be a great game in python/cpp/c#/assembly because why not/whatever else, it would stil be fucked over. Any release here is fucked over nowadays, atleast on this forum

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-10-17 17:45:31

the dude has decided to go away and switch to Twitter. Why do you have to bring it here. This is making us look bad.  a 70s style  game that tries to be multi player and fails at it. This has  been repeated four times already

2020-10-17 18:45:55

@44 A Western Drama wasn't bad for a beginner to developing ags. I can't think of any Japanese games that are bad either. Hell, Japanese games are really good.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-10-17 18:50:58

Good morning! The game looks good to me. But I haven't come across any monsters to kill. Why? Yet I have turned the whole map.

2020-10-17 19:00:45

He made the choice to respond; he didn't have to. I'm not really seeing how it makes us look bad either. The points I brought up were made after trying the game. Also, a 70s style game? When has that been said. I'm afraid all your points have fallen flat.

You also didn't take the opportunity to say specifically what was wrong about my posts, or anyone else's. Of course, that is your prerogative, but if you're just going to say it's wrong because it's been said before, that really doesn't move me.

One last thing. Switching to Twitter is just plain stupid. Of course, it's his right to do so, but it makes no sense. The only reason to do that exclusively is to run away from criticism. Because you can't frame a good one in 280 characters. Though Twitter does have threads, so maybe I should mirror all my points about his games to his Twitter?

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-17 23:06:24

this game is like all others. Just kill everything. Where is the innovation, I don’t see it. You ask why Many releases   are severely targeted when they are released here. I can tell you why. One, they are either side scrollers/FPSs where the goal objective is just to kill and there is no originality. Two, they may use stolen sounds and/or overused concepts. And three, they may use BGT which is a piece of crap

2020-10-17 23:22:36

JamesPotter wrote:

Another thing, I've been trying to translate more things into Spanish but it doesn't accept the accents or the letter ñ.

Yep, I came across both issues, the one about special letters as well as the one about missing messages. Would be good if we could actually translate more stuff. We'd have way more work to do but the result would be something which others and even ourselves could enjoy so I think it would be worth doing smile

One day you will leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember.
Follow me on Twitter or Add me on Facebook