2020-10-16 20:18:12 (edited by monkey999 2020-10-16 20:47:43)

note: this is not my game, tunmi13 is the developer
For feedback, see the contact info in the read me please, you can also use the /feedback command in the game it's self.

Hello guys and girls, I am happy to tell you that Tunmi has released his new online game.
It is a 3d zombie fighting game where you get more and more weapons and items as you kill zombies.

Taken from the read me:
A man, by the name of Kyle, sought revenge for the loved ones he had lost. First his wife, then his children. His only sister, Emily, faded along with them. He was alone.
He wanted to cause pain to the world. He was tired of all the pain that he was bearing. He began performing rituals, resurrecting animals who had died long ago, shaping them into his own cold imagination. The Gholion, a skelletal lion. The Giabear, the gigantic reanimation of a black bear. The Agawolf, a wolf who had been chained and tortured to death. And the Ghostkey, the monkey who had been locked in a cage for years, with no food or water.
There was a risk, however, by reviving these long-dead animals. It had also brought back other unknown forces and mythical creatures. But Kyle didn't care. He wanted to cause as much pain as possible.
As cold as this man's imagination was, however, the animals soon turned on him. They also wanted revenge for their torture, their agony, their imprisonment. So, the animals rampaged throughout the world, causing destruction. As players, you are attempting to put the animals back into the world of the dead. But since the animals are already dead, they keep reassembling and reappearing. And it's only a matter of time, before the world falls...

Now I think you just want the download link, so here is it:
https://tunmi13.dev/projects/rotu.zip

Have fun!

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2020-10-16 20:40:35

A. It's very interesting. Tell me, are you planning to add any more missions to this game?

2020-10-16 20:41:12

hi very good game but
very big lag maybe you can fixed?

2020-10-16 20:47:06

After restarting the server and pressing enter to reconnect, I cannot log out of the server. When I press escape, I'm told to cancel and that's it. You have to close the game through the task manager.

2020-10-16 20:48:45

I am not the developer of this game, tunmi is the developer.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2020-10-16 20:52:37

the developer has retreated from here and he is only at Twitter. I bet that he will post here later just because the majority of his playerbase are here. We'll see what kind of a mess this will be

2020-10-16 21:08:45

hmmm... going to give this a shot...

2020-10-16 21:16:12 (edited by Aron Leppik 2020-10-16 21:23:45)

So is this like redspot and all those other games inturms of movement, shooting and stuff. In that case I'll let this slip by and I'll never look back. If not, though, maybe I'll take a look.
Edit: yep, it is. Nothing to see here. Check this out:
The ping took 7159ms
I think that's the most I've gotten in a long time!

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-10-16 22:43:30

the good thing is that it isnt an player kills player thing i dont like it bu that player kill together other things its cool.

2020-10-16 23:06:51

hi.
I got 22000 in ping there like 2 minutes ago

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2020-10-16 23:07:30

1. cool consept, but man:
1. bloody lag
2. bloody lag
3. bloody lag!
and guess what?
4. what could that be? fucking lag!
i would play it only on a local host to see what the fuck this looks like

2020-10-16 23:09:57

yeh, new game, best of all, free game, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2020-10-16 23:10:49

i'm sorry for saying it, but i'm still asking my self how the hell you betatested that lag pile.
again, sorry tunmi since i guess that took some work, but again. too much lag, and now that you removed the thing undead from main the lag didn't solve.
sorry, but this time it skrewed bad time.

2020-10-16 23:48:36

SO like, this has potential. The thing is, I see it going the same way as all the other games, you know why?  Because apparently Mohamed is working on it too. So what's the difference between Mohamed as the main dev and Tunmi as the co-dev or Tunmi as the main dev and Mohamed as the co-dev. It all comes down to the same thing really.

But let's put that aside for a minute, because maybe everyone doesn't feel the same way about them as I do. Within my first say 15 minutes of gameplay, I got disconnected countless times. There's a hell of a lot of lag, and the map is going in and out of safe mode. OK, again, let's put that aside, because games don't always have smooth launches. This holds especially true for online games.

The sound design is the very similar to other games. They're pulling from the same stuff and putting very minimal effort - if any - into the sound design. The jumping sounds like someone swinging a stick through the air. The pistol sounds pretty low quality, like some hollywood type thing. But here's the worst bit. The animals have normal footsteps. Now tell me, how does that work, exactly? Let's say that all the humans are of healthy body height / weight proportions. These animals could way more 1.5 to 4 times that of a human. Not only that, but they would be walking on four, not two legs. Also, animals don't have feet, they have paws or hooves. This drastically changes the way it would sound to have an animal walking up on you.

But what's worse than that, because honestly that might be tricky to pull off, and again, I can forgive it, is that the footsteps are so quiet, that you don't hear them with all the chatter going on. But again, not only that - and I feel like a broken record right about now - the growls are saturated in the stereo field, making them not suitable as aids to center to accurately target them.

All this goes to show that very little, if anything has been learned from Tunmi's past projects. And you know what, not knowing sound design or audio fundamentals isn't a crime; however, when making an audio game, it would be to his best interest to either learn it himself, or find someone who does sound design.

Yet again, we're stretching what BGT can do. Yet again, we're making games in a language that just can't cope. How many games need to die before people will realize that BGT just cannot do what's asked of it. But you know what, there have been BGT multiplayer games that don't lag this much, so it's not all on the language itself.

A part of me wants to be hopeful. A part of me sees the darkness all around, but sees the flicker of a light somewhere off in the distance. Maybe, in five years, Tunmi will grow out of this teenage funk where he thinks he already knows everything. Maybe then, he'll be able to present us with something. Maybe a miracle will happen and this won't die horribly. I can hope, right?

Until that time, just look at all the things I've set aside in this post. While one of these isn't enough to condemn this project by itself, all of it stacked up together sure isn't making things look promising.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-16 23:51:11

sound design is the least important problem that this game currently has, hell I can even offer a hand if required, but there are other mager issues.
+1 to 14

2020-10-16 23:54:27 (edited by tunmi13 2020-10-16 23:56:57)

I do not know everything Cross. There is no need to assume that. I am simply getting help from the people around me. I am using my resources. There are no co devs of this game. Not really sure why you are still assuming that. I made the game on my own, however there are still some things that I do agree I need to work on. But there is no need to use the past mistakes as leverage. I know you are still pretty upset with BTS and the way I acted, but those days are over. I've moved on. You should do likewise.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-10-17 00:26:53

is there a sound that we can hear when the ghost is before us or behind?

2020-10-17 00:49:37

If you are referring to BPD (behind pitch decrease) no.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-10-17 01:06:24

some people just like to cause trouble, and pick and pick until it can't be picked on any more.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2020-10-17 01:23:27

@Tunmi It doesn't seem that way to me. For instance, what you could have done is said, I agree with this, this  and this but not this. Or hell, I disagree with everything you're saying. But you jump right to trying to defend your character. I'm not trying to fight you. I'm not trying to drag you down either. Maybe the mistake on my part is in sentences like this.

ironcross wrote:

All this goes to show that very little, if anything has been learned from Tunmi's past projects.

Maybe I should have kept things more dry and academic. I wonder though, would that have made the difference? Because you haven't tackled any of my points, instead, you tried to defend your honor. The thing is though, it would have done more in my  book had you actually tackled the points, because that would indicate some level of change, some growth and maturity.

@Vulcan The thing is, I respected you for walking a tight line. For trying to keep things balanced between players and devs back in the bloodstorm/bts days. But you switched up. First you resigned your position as administrator. Something I can definitely understand. You said multiple times back then that you thought the game was gonna die, it was going to the dogs and things like that. But you switched up, and now it seems as though you're a blind supporter. Why though? What are you getting out of the exchange?

The thing is that I don't hate Tunmi. It seems as though I'm a complete opposite of a supporter. That would change though if I saw that he was actually doing things differently. You say I pick until there's nothing left, but there clearly is something left. I'm seeing the same patterns as before, and until I see that something has changed, why should I act as if it might.

I encourage both of you, or anyone else to deconstruct my posts and point out where I've gone wrong. Rather than jump to defensive mode, break it down and see what is on track and what isn't.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-17 02:46:47

Seconding omar's point here,
If sound design help is needed... Willing to give a hand as well.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2020-10-17 02:55:30 (edited by tunmi13 2020-10-17 02:56:36)

@Cross Not trying to defend any sort of honor at all dude. I'm just trying to make it clear that I am moving past my BTS mistakes and trying something new, that's all. I was attempting to make it clear to you that you can put those mistakes in the past.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-10-17 03:02:30

Agreed with Tunmy and all that. And also, what is the link because, the link on post 1 is broken. It says Network error.

2020-10-17 03:39:44

Put them in the past, but they are the present. I mean, this is within the past 3 months!

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-17 04:01:13

Hey Tunmi,
This sounds like a promising project.
I just finished a Brazilian Portuguese translation which is, so to speak, 98% accurate as I couldn't get the "wrapping menu" thing right and since I haven't even played the game yet, well, there it is.
I would appreciate if you could include it on the game itself as I thought it would be enough to just translate the messages and the translation would be available right away lol. Anyway, here's the file.

P.S.: If you want me to work with you in future translations, you can follow me on Twitter so that we can have another way of contacting each other.
P.S. 2: As there is Portuguese from Portugal and Brazilian Portuguese, I named this translation as being Brazilian Portuguese becausee I wanted to leave it open just in case someone from Portugal is willing to do a translation based on both languages differences.

One day you will leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember.
Follow me on Twitter or Add me on Facebook