2020-10-17 20:21:59

I totally agree here, but the problem isn't that you don't have a charger at home, I don't say it isn't one of the problems, but not the biggest one.
Let's say you have one but your cable is fried or broken in general because come on, it is an apple cable, they break like it is no tomorrow.
The cable that comes with the phone is lightning to USB type c, so you can't put it into a normal wall charger, you are expected to have a Mak, or to upgrade from an 11 pro or max or to have a modern laptop with USB type c and just charge it on that.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-10-17 23:21:35 (edited by Ghost 2020-10-17 23:22:53)

Which is why its crazy. This is still not acceptable even if  there were 20w phones for two years Actually the 11 series used 18w charging,  but  only pro models came with it. Apple shipped 5w chargers with the standard Iphone models. The problem with earpods and charging is this. Less value for money. You used to have those in the box, but you are charged more or the same and don't. And  no charger simply means no phone, as a full charge is required when you begin using your phone. And I don't know the speed of USB C charging.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2020-10-18 01:24:42

@Munawar
I don't buy the image over all either, but a company can do good things on one front and bad on another.  That doesn't erase the weight of either end of the spectrum objectively...  Even if the balance is off.

It's just like not getting a cable with your printer when most of them are proprietary, that may work in a corporate environment where they use the same brand for a decade, but consumer focused models?  Screw that crap!

2020-10-18 10:04:51

Yeah, my HP printer didn't give me a cable, but I believe it is USB b and it is easy to source and cheap.
But Apple trying to save the planet, no no no, the cables break easily, wired headphones almost the same and not the wire itself, the headphone just gets filled with wax and dirt and it is hard to clean, you most likely end up poping something in it and make it sound like a tin can.
Also, look at airpods tear downs, you just can't and I call that unacceptable, the battery dies after a year or 2, depends on the usage and they can't be repaired, so just more Ewaste.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-10-18 13:14:52

Wait.. the only thing new with the new Iphone is 5g? Samsung already had that for like, what? 2 years now? What's the point of this phone? Why should people upgrade from 11 to this one? I just don't get what apple is trying to do here. And don't get me started on the charger issue.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.