2020-10-14 19:12:10

Nope, sticking with my 8 here. Like Simba's mine is beginning to lag a little, but the battery holds up if I'm careful with it and don't stream netflix for hours without charging xd. Literally the only thing that stands out for me in this year's lineup is 5g, which would be a great advantage but 5g isn't halfway ready yet here. I don't even think our frequency bands are fully auctioned and distributed yet, so this lineup can role on by unless something horrible happens to this phone in the meantime.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-10-14 21:37:19

Whoever decided "Hey, let's cell devices with no charger!" needs to be fired immediately, in my opinion. Why in the name of cheese would you cell a device with no way to charge it? That'd be like buying an electric toothbrush or laptop with no charger. Freaking idiocy.

2020-10-14 21:49:20

they claims, iphone 12 not coming with charger in the box
finaly the lcd display is gone from iphone!
that's pretty good
xdr oled screen can drain battery less than lcd, so making all iphone displays oled pretty good decision
but we don't need  bright screens,  just i am saying good for battery endurance

2020-10-14 23:03:50

@#27 they claim environmental reasons...
But they want bucks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-10-14 23:59:14

There is no good environmental reason not to ship a phone with a charger. None. This is money-grubbing, pure and simple.
If you buy a phone and don't buy a charger, you have whatever battery life is default until it dies. This means that your "optional" extra purchase of a charger is not optional at all if you actually want to use the phone properly.
Chargers aren't large. It would not have taken much to include them in a phone box, just as they always havebefore now.

Folks, this is why I am not in a rush to buy a new phone. If I want to stream anything, I use my laptop. I use my phone for calling, texting, Facetime, audiobooks and some gaming. I have a 6+ that's still working, although it's getting weird and I should upgrade to the 8+ I've got very soon (stupid Covid). But I have no interest in giving Apple even more of my money when they're now eroding the basic components of a phone. I mean, for Christ's sweet sake, what's next? You have to start paying to unlock components? You get the phone in "basic mode" when you first buy it, and have to pay to get good sound quality, good call quality, internet connectivity and clear graphics? Or hey, maybe in a couple of years you'll have to actually buy all the components separately and they pay for them to be assembled, even though they will already have been assembled. The hell of it is, the smart-phone industry has us by the neck, societally speaking, so Apple actually believes it can do what it pleases here. And guess what? They're fucking right. And that pisses me off.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-10-15 00:54:19

Crap like this is one reason why I don't even have a smartphone of any sort. Yes I know I'm missing out on some things, as there are things that work better on a smartphone than a PC. There are also things that you can do only on a smartphone, because that's how the current market is. The fact that those of us who choose not to get a smartphone are left out of things or have a harder time doing things on a PC pisses me off too. It's what I call device discrimination. I'm mostly talking about companies that have a great accessible smartphone app, but their web interface sucks and they refuse to fix it. Then because most people use smartphones instead of PCs now, those of us who use PCs get stuck with bloated Electron web apps instead of real apps written in real programming languages. mad

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that here, since it's starting to hijack the thread. Lol. Shipping devices without chargers is ridiculous and makes me shake my head in confusion, even though this doesn't affect me at all.

2020-10-15 01:08:49 (edited by ignatriay 2020-10-15 01:26:00)

I mean, even though the charger won't be included, one would still be able to recharge the phone via computer or via another charger that one has.
@jayde, agreed. Although the phone does come with the charging  cable so... That's something, one would just had buy the charger  but I agree. The reason ffor removing the charger... The environment? Please. Bullshit. That's just another way to screw ove customers. And oh, let's not forget the least, headphones... They are not incluted either... So yeah. The phone could still be charged if you have a computer or a spare charging cube around, but on a general sence this was a complete move to get even more money. I'm curious to see how this turns out though; this could possibly backfire; and badly. What apple would have to do would be something like, have the charger be optional and ship it along with the phone if one wanted, but there isn't really a good way to go about this.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2020-10-15 01:28:46

So the problem is this. If you have an older IPhone, you likely didn't have  the  fast 20w charger  that can charge your phone faster.  That means you cough up like another 30 or so to get a charger, which btw is not an optional component.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2020-10-15 01:46:05

here is one phone manufacturer that does inclue a fast charger. Over 30 watts from what I read. I also agree with the rest who find apples stuff stuipid like not putting in the charger with the box. Here is the link for the manufacturer I am talking about, they are selling their phones around the same price Apple is selling their phones at. https://www.oneplus.com/

2020-10-15 04:06:33

Um, you could just write One plus too.
About Apple, I agree this is really a dumb move. Thing is, as Jayde says, Apple can do whatever they want. Just like the headphones jack, it will be a big deal for a few months, then everybody will be quiet and suddenly it's a new standard. Hopefully other manufacturers won't be doing that. Somebody here was joking and said what's next, a phone without the box and you have to pay more if you want a box?
About new phones, I didn't find anything fascinating or groundbreaking, but I rarely do with IPhones.  I will be ubgrading next year, though will most likely get an 11, since the primary reason of my ubgrading is the Voiceover screen recognition and I don't have anything interesting I could gain from the 12 models.

2020-10-15 05:03:42

No headphone jack was yet another reason at least where iPhones are concerned. I use a cochlear implant, so I can't use earbuds for obvious reasons. There's probably away to use Bluetooth, but I hear that audio over bluetooth isn't really the best. besides, even if I could use earbuds, why would I want to use something else that needs recharging? Same goes for Bluetooth headphones.

Here's the kicker though. You can buy an adaptor. Yes. An adaptor to use headphones. So, they make you buy an expensive adaptor to continue doing what you used to be able to do, and then you have to deal with an extra cord.

Yeah. no thanks, Apple. Get out.

2020-10-15 07:25:12

I have my 11 pro that I got last christmas with 256 gigs of storage, and I don't plan on buying any of the 12 mottles. They just don't have anything that grabs me about them, and i'm even more convinced after listening to Jonathan Mosen's overview of it. Supposedly, the iPhone 12 mottles are supposed to have 5G capabilities, but 5G from what i've heard is so unreliable right now and in very early stages. I also have an iPhone 6S for backup purposes, but I probably should consider upgrading that to at least an Se mottle soon, because IOS 14 is likely the last IOS version that the Iphone 6S will support.
I haven't experienced any of the lag issues some people are talking about, maybe it's with older phones. My 6S does lag very slightly more than my 11 pro, which is fast as heck.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2020-10-15 08:40:06 (edited by afrim 2020-10-15 08:50:13)

No headphones? No charger? Seriously? OK, this is getting too far. I think I'll upgrade to the 12 Pro if I make the money until the end of year. This is too dumb of Apple. I look forward to seeing their sales stats after six months or so.
I don't really see any point in dropping the charger that could potentially solve even the least-concerning environmental issue. If I were selling my current phone, I'd be shipping it with a charger because otherwise I'd get a safe return. So anyway, I'd be compelled to buy a new, fast charger. Well, as said above, a good strategy to get money without raising the price. This is somewhat like an invader coming to your country with the pretext: "we have come to your country to protect you."

2020-10-15 11:35:14

The whole "no charger because environment" is absolute rubbish. It's greenwashing, nothing more. It#s particularly sad since for things concerning a11y and others, Apple has always delivered.But when it comes to climate change, all they're doing is milking the absoluteh ell out of it by trying to greenwash their operation. In the best case, you'll create just as much environmental polution as before, since every phone needs a charger anyway. You'll probably create even more though since the chargers will need their own packeging and transport.
@37, I'll tell you what Apples sales numbers will look like. They'll look really, really good. Because as Jayde and others have said, Apple can do whatever at this point and people will buy their stuff. They'll buy it for the brand, even if that means putting up with inconveniences. Apple removed the jack from the 7 and... surprise, it was the most sold phone of 2017. They did the same shit with the X and... surprise! everyone bought it because shiny new face ID and future and awesome and blah blah blah. With Apple, you should really only upgrade anything if your previous model is on the verge of falling apart and there's no way to fix it for less than the price of a new device.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-10-15 11:44:37

Don't forget about planned obsolescence. Just lol.

2020-10-15 12:51:47

39, the 6 line of IPhones meets that description easily, and would have even in 2018, but especially in 2019. 
I have a question though. I have basicly decided on the pro max,  but, for a blind person, will it be difficult using a phone like that with a single hand? The difference in display size, 6.1 vs 6.7 doesn't seem huge centimeter wise, or the width, 7.16/7.8 CM.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2020-10-15 13:02:24 (edited by queenslight 2020-10-15 13:06:10)

There's that "Reach Ability" thing, but I forget what the Voicceeover gesture is currently.

Don't forget the 30 usd  addition to the 699/799 and higher prices if getting the Mini and the 12 if not a VZW/ATT customer.

2020-10-15 18:32:55 (edited by arjan 2020-10-15 18:33:48)

That's probably double tapping the home button. Or at least, it is on my SE second gen, which has one.

I know plenty of people with a pretty staggering amount of phone chargers, so I guess apple's point isn't wholly moot, but whatever environmental compensation they aim for is probably going to be nonexistent because you will now need separate charger packaging.

2020-10-15 23:05:31

Even if people have their own charger, it still isn't acceptable, because apple upped charge wattage to 20 watts, and most people have the 5 watt charger probably, and will want to upgrade to use fast charging.

2020-10-17 00:54:16 (edited by Munawar 2020-10-17 00:55:49)

You used to get four things in the box: the phone, a charging cable, a wall charger, and a pair of nice earbuds.

Now we're down to two: the phone and charging cable... and it's more expensive than the older models.

Also, re: TouchID. My 6S has it and it works fine. Apple took it away, then brought it back and called it a feature and people went "wow! TouchID!" Um...we already had that.

But it worked. I've lost count of how many times someone has told me "the SE has TouchID!" Yeah, my phone that was released five years ago or so has it too xD

And now the SE that so many went nuts over is already second generation.

Eventually Apple will put the headphone jack back in and people will say "The $5,000 phone has a headphone jack!" So does my 6S.

They have us all figured out.

In fact, the first time I heard the SE has TouchID I was so confused because I haven't been following Apple too closely. I wasn't aware they had actually gotten rid of it. So my initial reaction was along the lines of "and? Am I misunderstanding something here? Because I have it too."

2020-10-17 01:28:32

@45 that is one reason why I will never get any Apple products. Way to expensive, and over priced.

2020-10-17 02:59:51

It should be noted, that EarPods, are still included in France iPhone boxes. Why's that you may ask?
Check the below:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/10 … -in-france

2020-10-17 05:02:21

I get what they are going for with the E Waste reduction idea, but I agree with Enes when he says they should really be shipping a 20W power adapter with this model given they just switched to that power scheme.  If this was the third phone to use it I could understand.
As for the price without adapter, it's hard to say but given the new tech like solid state batteries, the AI chip, the new ceramic screen shield ETC, who's to say they didn't factor that in already?  I just don't know, and they did at the very least lower the prices for the chargers on their website.
I'd prefer some earbuds as well but to be honest, the phone has a speaker and most of us already have those at this point.  That as an environmental decision makes allot more sense than axing the wall charger IMO.

2020-10-17 18:10:42

defender wrote:

I get what they are going for with the E Waste reduction idea...

If they really cared, they'd make similar, drastic moves to end the child-labor from which their phones are made.

So I don't buy this Apple Nice Guy image for one second.

2020-10-17 19:59:22

I have less problem with not including earphones. The phone has a speaker, so having no earbuds doesn't actually impact your ability to use the phone.
Having no wall charger, however, is a problem. I'm curious: the charging cable that's included, since it's not related to wall current...uh, what if you don't have a device capable of charging your phone? Then what?
You should never, ever be put in a position when you buy a phone that you need another device, which is not included, in order to make it function.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1