2021-02-03 04:16:16

Hello everyone!
At long last I'm very happy to tell you all that SBYW 4.8.0 has been released.
This update brings moving platforms, passages, underground building and more!
http://ims-productions.com/SBYW.php

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2021-02-03 09:39:28

nice. please check your pm.

2021-02-04 00:39:36

Replied

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2021-02-04 04:15:29

I wouldn't say I'm totally happy with the necessity of having a paid account to build these specific things, but they still seem pretty cool.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2021-02-05 20:57:31

Just an FYI from something on the server MOTD, paid accounts will be going up in price soon, on February 10th, probably in central time. Right now they're still $5.00US. And it is perfectly legal to buy someone else a paid account. And if you want to give more than $5.00 to the server, or you already have a paid account, you can use the donate button on the ims-productions main page, that will also go toward the running of this server. The price of it went up recently because memory. Currently donations are one-time, so you shouldn't be afraid of recurring donations, but for those who can that is greatly appreciated.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2021-02-09 15:02:28

i'M getting a rather weird dll error
ͬĿ¼ÏÂÎŞ·¨ÕÒµ½DLLÎļş:"lib\mbedTLS.dll".ÇëÓë×÷ÕßÁªÏµ

2021-02-09 22:33:47

Hmm. The link just hangs when I click download.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-02-10 16:24:17

Ah, so its not just me with the DLL error.
I was also receiving a DLL error.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2021-02-10 17:37:55 (edited by amerikranian 2021-02-10 17:38:33)

I don't see the point in charging for what essentially is glorified parsing. I think restricting map building, the core concept of the game, to those who pay is frankly the pinnacle of stupidity. Yes, I realize how it comes across as, but that is how I'm feeling. The fact that you have to restrict some input prompts for $10 is pretty sad and shows me that the game should be taken down as it has ran its due course. Why not make the features free and try and bring back some life into the game? You were given numerous ideas, both when Mason was the owner of the project and when it transitioned into your hands, yet you chose to ignore most of them and are now scrambling to pay for a server to keep a dying game alive. This just further illustrates the point of not knowing when to let something go. Oh well. Guess I tried.

2021-02-15 06:08:36

Apparently voice chat is paid now too. I'm not really sure what to think of that.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2021-02-18 18:20:03

To anybody getting DLL errors, download the set of vc redists from This page.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2021-02-20 00:50:26

Warning! Starting somewhere near Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 0:00 UTC, the SBYW server will begin requiring all email addresses to be verified in order to log in properly. If you have your email address set to something bogus, please correct that presently by typing /emailset <new address>. Verification will be performed by the server emailing you a verification code, and then you entering that code into a prompt the server gives you. This is being done because along with this update comes the password reset functionality, and further automation is possible in the future.

----------

2021-02-20 03:16:33

I would download this game, but first, it own't work, second, it doesn't come with the sounds file wen i do it so.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-20 05:47:17

@163, when you launch the client, it'll prompt you to download the sounds, when you hit yes, it'll start downloading the sounds. just in case if you don't have the stable internet connection, you could cancel it and it'll resume from there the next time you download them.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2021-02-20 08:05:03

Yeah it will download, but i half to do it everytime i want to play.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-20 09:26:02

no, You don't, As far as i know, You only do it once, And when the sounds are fully downloaded, You don't need downloading again.

2021-02-20 14:39:27

You only need to download the sounds in full one time. If there are sound updates, it pulls only what has changed, so it is a much smaller download.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-21 02:21:19

This also applies to cancelations. If the download fails for whatever reason, since it's downloading individual files it will only prompt to redownload those which it doesn't have yet or are corrupted. We apologize for the possibly slow download speed, that is currently the only web portal we can use for this.
Notice: Version 4.8.1 has been released, and with it comes a change mentioned in the server message of the day, the institution of email verification. In order to play, each player must have their email addresses verified. On the 1st of April, any non-paid players who have not verified their email addresses will be purged from the immediate player storage. If someone wants to come back past this date, they can contact us and request their character be reinstated from backups.

----------

2021-02-21 02:23:33

Not sure if the admins see this, but the new varification system is funky. I have an email set that works, but I don't get the code to varify.  A bit of help por favor

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-21 02:29:56 (edited by x0 2021-02-21 02:33:02)

I believe I know the problem. Microsoft have ramped up aggressive blocking of automated emails in the past year, I've seen messages on forums that say the forum cannot send email to hotmail/outlook addresses anymore, and nothing can be done about it. Please use an address with another service.
Edit: We can confirm that it works with gmail addresses. I don't think most other services are flagging as aggressively as MS. You've checked your spam folder right?

----------

2021-02-21 08:50:22

Hi.
I am not getting the verification code. I checked my junk folder, but no luck. What's going on?

2021-02-21 10:11:59

just keep trying like 15 times, It should work, I didn't but while trying like 15 times it sent the mail.

2021-02-21 16:52:50

hi. I am using outlook. when I set my email, it didn't send me the code. no matter how many times I pressed the button.

I love audio games.

2021-02-21 16:54:57 (edited by Vulcan 2021-02-21 16:56:31)

You have to use another. x0 said it here.

"I believe I know the problem. Microsoft have ramped up aggressive blocking of automated emails in the past year, I've seen messages on forums that say the forum cannot send email to hotmail/outlook addresses anymore, and nothing can be done about it. Please use an address with another service.
Edit: We can confirm that it works with gmail addresses. I don't think most other services are flagging as aggressively as MS. You've checked your spam folder right?"

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-21 18:32:37

If anyone still needs help verifying their address, and the emails don't come in after a time, have a friend let us know via /report and I'll send you your code manually while we debug this issue.

----------