2020-07-07 00:11:14

@125, Try navigating by heading, if you're talking about the things in treasury. That should require less swipes, as the additional info tells where your income is from.

As a suggestion, I would like to see notifications pop up when I'm not in the app for things like the completion or retreat from a battle, soul well ready to harvest, the discovery of new armies and settlements, just things like those that take a significant amount of time.

2020-07-07 07:42:09

That would be nice.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-07-07 14:28:01

can you change the button row at the bottom of the screen to a tab bar or make this an option?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-07-08 22:31:42

Hello Does anyone know of a game similar to afk arena that would work with talk back?

2020-07-11 02:08:56

hi all,

loving this game.

i can't quite work out though how to best use the sole wells. i fill them then infuse and let them do their thing but i don't know what the moding growth or fruiting buttons do.
in addition to that, how can i increase my coal output? so far i have 5 workers doing coal but i can't get any more than that it seems.

2020-07-11 02:48:34

So I've sort of hit a dead end.
I've been trying to unlock new buildings and units, but all I'm getting are resource battles with armies of 45 or so, with an army size of over 200. I'm still missing a lot of things, like ornaments, mages and the fifth settlement.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-07-11 04:00:09

Keep trying, the stuff should come up eventuallly.

It's a little annoying tapping on start battle then hoping it does only to find out the other creatures ran away. I think Voiceover should get an alert when this happens so we know to either try again or try anothe army.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-07-11 04:44:12

@132 Your army is always the one running away.

2020-08-08 13:13:30 (edited by Dark 2020-08-08 14:10:58)

Okay just a quick question, beware of spoilage for anyone who hasn't finished the game and defeated the marshland pact.

once I defeated the marshland pact, I got a log entry saying "end of version 1.0), however there was another army, absurd knolls, with 500 units to defeat and lore entry listed as a reward.

I admit I did cheat a bit, or at least I waited until I had neary twice their army size and then proceeded to masacre them.
I got the happy ending sequence, however it mentions a portal being made. I wondered if this meant something new or a different option? but I don't see one.
Of course there is the "reset" option in the settings, unless it means that.

Even odder, once I defeated the marshland pact, I got two new towns, and indeed one I haven't exploited yet.

Am I missing something, or is defeating the 500 unit army really the absolute end at this point in time (for a start I would've assumed they'd have had a more dramatic name).

if so, fair enough, the game has been a lot of fun, although I am a wee bit sorry those dragons mentioned in one of the lore entries didn't make an appearance because dragons are cool!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-08-08 13:37:57

@dark I think thats it.

2020-08-08 14:12:53

Ah, good to know.

Hopefully there will be some more in future updates, or maybe even a sequel?
Either way, I'm glad I bought the full version.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-11-13 15:15:30

Guys, I think I've found something.
Has anyone seen the Valkyries? I know you guys have mentioned healers, but no one here seems to have mentioned Valkyries yet. I, meanwhile, have seen Valkyries but not healers.
I do not quite know how valkyries work...
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
It says they'll revive a fallen unit, but I'm wondering if 1 might not be enough. Essentially, these valks have 2 attack, consume 0.1 food and revive fallen units.
Now, for the final spoiler, how to actually get them, but if you want to find out yourself, I'd suggest playing and seeing.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Valkyries are an early unit. They seem to unlock after your first soul well. There is an option in the world tab called send troops to valhalla. If you send, say, 8 wolves, you'll get your first Valkyrie.

2020-11-13 18:57:43

@137: spoiler warning!

You get valkeries by semding troops to valhalla. Its a way to get rid of your weaker units without having to kill them off, and the new units are the strongest im the game that will come once you have offered enough units to Valhalla.

2020-11-13 19:07:30

continuing spoiler discussions
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Wait, so will this work that as you offer different units, such as Valks, to Valhalla, it will unlock more? Right now I was able to get 10 Valks on my side.

2020-11-13 19:41:19

Spoiler:

You can get a limitless supply of them by offering up units, not sure you can offer up valkyries though.

2020-11-13 19:59:54

Awesome! Checking this out now!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-11-14 13:07:16

it's a shame that there's not more to the game though i mean once i got into it i completed it. i wish there was more to it.

2020-11-16 14:52:17

Hi, any tips for armys, rite now i am fighting the elder shamans, and it takes me like 20 mins to get a full army wich is 40. so is there any tips to have a good army, because rite now i'm mostly just recruting waryers because there the cheepest, with wolvs hear and there, and archers bairly, so expensive so yeah.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-11-16 15:10:04

@titan_of_war, your username aside, homequest is as much about the resource building as the battles, since it's not just a matter of chucking the cheapest possible troops at an enemy, but also having the best troops you can afford, since the higher your battle score and the better you can attack and defend yourselves, the better you can do against the enemy.

I can't remember what troops unlocked when you fight the elder shamans, but there are plenty stronger and better able units than warriors in the game, and you want both a good mix of offense and defence.
This will mean having the resources to buy them of course, which means investing in more population, more farms, more resource gatherers etc, really Homequest is a very good example of the principle that an army marches on it's stomach big_smile.

Btw, I finished the game before the Valkyrie update came out, like Darren, I'd love to see more content with the story continued, indeed there was an implication in the log that there was more to come, so I'm personally hoping we'll be getting more armies to fight, territories to conquer and the like soon.

2020-11-16 15:40:20

k, ile stop attacking them then. get my storage up alot. because no i can only recrute 5 warryers at a time, lol. thanks

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-11-16 16:40:49

I'd recommend 20 wolves, 10 archers and 10 warrior.
Remember to sometimes rest though. After Shamans,
s
p
o
o
l
e
r
You should unlock the ability under the world tab, to send troops to Valhalla.
another
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
8 troops, of any type, including mixed types, means a reward. It just needs to be 8 sent.

2020-11-17 00:26:20

Just got back from school, my storage  gos up to mabey 19k  now, also i just defeeted the shamans, and now they want me to build a sol well.

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-11-18 03:16:00

So i just got thee option aftor beating some type of mounster tribe, to go to there settlment, is it werth it?

― Frederic Chopin.

2020-11-18 03:52:43

Settlemwnts are always worth it, since they let you start fresh for cheap, and they havw unique resources.

2021-10-14 11:14:57

Well the game has received a major update and  rewrite, and I was playing it for hours yesterday.
Highlights include  completely rejiggered  pricing structure for some things like houses, Villars and mantions, new army make up, an honour system that rewards you for victorious battles (though not sure if that was added in the Valkyrie update), a new luxury system which gives you bonuses for keeping your people fed and happy, and as a bonus more accessible soul wells too.

There is also apparently a second chapter as well which continues the story, though right now I'm just beefing my army up to take on the ogre kingdom, so haven't got to that yet, looking forward to it though.

My only miner gripe with the current update, is that there is no way to see the make up of enemy armies anymore, meaning you don't necessarily know what your facing, then again, the games' army system has got a bit stricter, with limits on how many tanks, damage units and healers you can have, so it really is now a case of just buying as many of the toughest possible unit as you can and chucking them at the enemy, which sounds less fun, but with the honour system and soul wells rewarding you for random battles, it oddly enough isn't.

There is ow a ruby version which suplements the gold version which I paid for, given how much fun i had with the game, which I believe covers the second chapter.
Also there is a decor upgrade, which I bought, but sadly just puts images on the screen, and while clicking on one of the images seemingly should give you ability to choose some cosmetic things for your town, at this point they don't seem very accessible, which is a shame, since making your towns individual would be nice. Not that I'm cross I bought it, since it was only 2 dollars and I don't mind devoting to a developer whose giving me this much fun, but if people are paying for purely practical in game stuff at this point in time, the decor upgrade could probably be missed imho.

either way, to anyone who enjoyed the game last year, nice to see it's back, and bigger and badder than ever!