2020-05-09 13:55:10

NVDA is better overall, if only by the fact that is completely customizable, even more with the new features in 2019.3+ versions. If you can avoid using Jaws I'd say do it, because things like Leasey aren't helping anyone especially if the developer doesn't give proper support.
On the other hand, for a piece of software like this, it's pretty cheap. If someone in your family is very old and needs easy computing and just wants to do a couple of things, I'd say sure go for it. Just keep in mind that certain things might become obsolete, for example Skype integration etc it all depends on the third party apps it integrates with I guess.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-05-09 14:30:14

For the Windows clipboard history, keep in mind that it is only available on Windows 10. With that in mind, you have to go to settings, system, clipboard. In there, you should enable the clipboard history toggle. There you can make it either save only on your device, or sinchronise to your Microsoft account so you can use it across devices if you need to. After this, you can press Windows plus V in any edit field to view a list of last saved 25 items, and press enter to paste one. Use leflt and right to navigate, or escape to exit.

2020-05-09 17:20:58

Assuming the software remains at $41, I'd say $41 is worth it if you're after just the games. Let's see. $25 for q9, the farming game on its own might have been worth a lot more than the remaining $15, but the other $15 gets you the three remaining other games. That's a bargain as long as the JAWS demo serial number is accepted by Leasey.

2020-05-09 19:56:44

Agreed, though if it requires a functioning jaws license in order to work, well, let's just add an extra few hundred dollars on to that for those of us not lucky enough to be in the promised land. Let's also not forget how much it originally cost, on top of the jaws license I might add, and it's clear he only decreased it in price because for quite obvious reasons it wasn't making the sails he expected.

2020-05-09 20:56:07

27, there are third party apps for that reason and you dont need to pay for them

2020-05-10 03:40:43

I think they would've gotten more sails if they had have taken the Dolphin GuideConnect approach to this. The cool thing about GuideConnect is that it doesn't try to shove a screen reader down your throat, and is easy to use.. It has it's own web browser with all the things you'd expect as favorites, facebook, ebay, etc. It also walks you through setting up an internet connection, which for the target audience of these products could be a little overwelming. The idea of this is you use it and over time you sort of learn windows by using the app, then when you're ready you can upgrade to a screen reader like JAWS, NVDA, etc. They don't make it similar to any screen reader aside from the fact that the web browser commands like h for headings exist. It's also the only way to listen to NLS bard books on the pc for some reason. NLS has a software to down,load books but they can't be bothered to make a player. It also has access to NFB newsline, and pretty much everything else from EasyReader. The one thing that's bad about it, the price. It's 795 dollars US. Mind you you don't have to pay for updates like you do with JAWS and Leasey.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2020-05-10 03:59:48

And the second thing that 's bad about it is that it's not available in my native language. Shure, I know how to use apps in my secondary language but still some people doesn't know the language but still.

73 Wj3u

2020-05-10 06:29:11

I have to agree with everybody about Leasae. When I wrote to Brian about Leasae and talking about concerns we had with it, he was not very helpful. Now that we have the Covid19 I'm not sure how he is going to be able to survive in this Covid19 Pandemic. In fact, I am not sure if it will work even with the JAWS free temporary license.

2020-05-10 06:30:14

Ok, I'm going to be the minority voice.
I like it, because although I am an advanced Jaws user, I've found that it makes editing in Word much faster and more efficient, at least for me. Selecting and moving blocks of text was not easy, until I got this product, and I do a lot of that while writing.
I would say this is a product that will hugely benefit brand new computer users, or those who are elderly for example, and don't want a lot of bells and whistles. In other words, it's good for people who just need something to work simply.
I do agree though, that the "surprise" charges when you aren't ready to upgrade are definitely off-putting.
But the developers have always seemed like really nice people, as much as you can know anyone online.
So, is it necessary?
I think that's something an individual would have to decide on their own.
But jmo, there are a lot of things I like within the software.

2020-05-10 06:31:19

For the above poster, just fyi, it does work with the temporary license.

2020-05-10 06:53:19

Hi.

The issue I have with the it's for older people aproach is that the user would have to download the software and pay extra, when they could learn for free using NVDA. Yes they or someone else would have to download it for them but they'd not have to pay for something, get frustrated if it doesn't work for them and feel like they've waisted their money.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-05-10 10:27:43

@OGomez, I think oppositley. I think that JFW is better than NVDA, hence my question about LEASEY. I dont need it from what you guys told me and from what I researched.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-05-10 16:01:38

@Brad: But also remember where older people might be getting their computers from. They aren't always getting it from the person next door. They may gget it from a vr agency if they've recently gone blind. They may have gotten one direct from Hartgen Consultancy. They may have gotten one, and training for it, from a v a hospital. NVDA is not recognized on a large-scale by these training centers, so that's where Leasey/Dolphin Guide comes in. So for people like that, it is beneficial.

2020-05-10 16:46:20

I have a question. Where is all the hate for this developer coming from? I mean, I don't think his product is right for me, but I don't go around hating him for wanting to sell a product. If you have had some bad experiences with him, i get it, but for everyone else, wow. if you don't like his stuff, you don't have to buy it.

2020-05-10 18:21:32

People are still hung up on the q9 acquisition plus exclusive games. Just for the record, the attitudes displayed here are exactly what turned Lulu away from this forum, and if I remember correctly, the games portion in general. She was the team lead for the game development endeavors, given Bryan has said he isn't much of a games person himself. Even when the price was higher initially, the hatemail they ended up getting was definitely unwarranted. But now, think. AS long as Leasey works with demo licenses of Jaws, you get 5 (count'em) 5, games, hardly any of them valued at a $0.00 price-point, for the price of one formerly available title plus a McDonalds+Uber Eats excursion. I say that's a bargain in and of itself.

2020-05-10 19:23:55

I dont have anything towards Brian, hey, I don';t even know the man! I was just asking about the software!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-05-10 20:01:09

I don't think it was directed at you specifically, but at some in the community in years past.

2020-05-11 04:15:05

in my opinion. And please note, this is just my opinion. No it is not worth it. I may understand for people that are new to computers. If you are not, however.  this is a   absolutely ridiculous price for what you are getting

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2020-05-11 04:54:35

$41, provided that's all it is, may not be too bad for a bundle of games though if you are just buying Leasey for the games. Is it ideal? No, not really. But did it turn out to be cost-efficient? Yes.

2020-05-11 08:53:07

Sorry for going off topic, but it sounds like voxmate, which will be available for android will be a similar thing.

I'm going off the concept from their site, and as I was reading it I was thinking, this sounds a lot like LEASEY, but for mobile phones.

I could be wrong, because I haven't played around with the beta, I'll wait for the podcast demos that they said are going to be available.

Just something to think about, and for a cheaper price.

2020-05-15 03:10:02 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2020-05-15 03:12:59)

oh wow, so they lowered the price?
Guess the resounding success is slowly decreasing now.
That alone tells you how worth it is, or will be.
That guy and the really outdated, missleading reaper audio workstation course just gives me goosebumps. In fact, nowadays everyone recommends staying away from it as much as possible. May have been different before, but he still keeps it up... like a rotting dinosaur.
NO offense, but if you have absolutely no knowledge about, say, audio editing, but you are an entrepreneur at heart does not, and will never, make you a good instructor, or audio editor, or whatever else you might think will be a great business venture. it would be less embarrassing and wiser to hire someone else who does really know about stuff and pay them for their time, but whatever.
And yet, so many people for some reason, come and express all of their doubts upon that train wreck of a course. Unbelievable.
Somewhat sorry for the snark above, and also its pretty bad that Lulu had turned away from this forum because of some attitudes, but just like Brian and that blog, I like to express things as they are... though some people just never learn from their mistakes and here we are repeating history again.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-05-15 07:47:36

@46, I actually never listened to his Reaper course, as its expensive but I know about the software so I am interested to hear what's wrong with it?

2020-05-15 20:33:05

I better try guide but when it's in Spanish.

73 Wj3u

2020-05-20 19:02:48

Hi,
Well, I did it. I just bought leasey. Following my transition to jaws, I figured it would be interesting to take a look at, and I can't say I'm disappointed. I probably won't be using most of it's features mind you, but the price for the advanced module, even if it's mostly for the games module, is more than enough for me.

2020-05-20 21:03:35

Nuno wrote:

@46, I actually never listened to his Reaper course, as its expensive but I know about the software so I am interested to hear what's wrong with it?

its way out of date, suggests options that no longer exist like reaAcccess, has generally bad audio editing and encoding practices, tries to cover too much without acctually giving you solid grounds for just one basic thing, that is why its also extensive.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…