2020-05-08 09:06:03

Hi! Do anyone of you use LEASEY for JAWS? Is it worth it? I don't like installing stuff to my JAWS instance, as uninstalling them afterward is a pain in the neck and elsewhere, so I would like to gather opinions.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-05-08 11:24:05

what is that? How much does it cost?

2020-05-08 11:58:18

everyone said it's way too overpriced, and then again people been having problem with the developer. it's just a package of basic apps I believe, which you can get anywhere for 0 dollar.
I would really really love to play  the farming game though sad

2020-05-08 12:08:22

@3 this is what I thought. The dev adertises is as a tool which could be used even by a power user, and from what I read in the documentation I got just an opposite impression.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-05-08 12:55:03

I'd say na don't buy it.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-05-08 14:53:00

They said q9 action game is also being soled there, is that correct? And if it is, why did Philip decide to do that?

2020-05-08 16:09:54

I will hay never. Sorry for attacking it but I hate this developer.

73 Wj3u

2020-05-08 16:36:26

To be honest, I don't think it is. It is basically a bunch of JAWS scripts that add additional functionality to JAWS and they combine that with a specific set of applications. I haven't used it, but I had considered buying it at one point; I realized I didn't want all that extra stuff crammed in to my JAWS install.

I would like to hear from someone who has actually used it. It is hard to decide whether I like something like this from a website.

2020-05-08 18:44:32

I don't know what this is specifically but I've been programming for 10 years and I have yet to buy scripts for my screen reader for any reason.  Unless you have a specific reason or a specific app or something you probably shouldn't go buying scripts in general.  If I was in the music landscape in the era of Cakewalk I'd have probably bought something, but that's kind of my point, because in that situation it's a specific inaccessible app.  But if this is just some sort of general "makes Jaws better" thing--why?  As mucha s I don't like Jaws it already offers rather a lot for the power user anyway.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-05-08 18:53:07

@9 From the impressions I've gotten about it over the years, it's like one of those shells AT notetaker companies put on top of Windows Mobile. I'd describe it as a sandboxed JAWS.

2020-05-08 19:04:51

Hi.

You can download a demo if you like at this link: http://www.hartgen.org/leaseydemo

I'm gone for real :)

2020-05-08 19:52:50

Hi. I purchased Leasey Total package in April 2017.  it definitely makes things a hell of a lot easier, I’ll give it that. However, I honestly don’t think those games were really worth it. It does help with some tasks like increasing or decreasing your system volume which you can do with just a key combination or copying text to the clipboard. However, I will say this. If you can afford it, then get it. If you can’t, don’t waste any more time thinking about it. My opinion isn’t helped one bit by the fact that the developer was quite rude to me when I asked him to give me a free upgrade as I had purchased the product when it was fully priced. A year later, he made it half price and then made it so that we would have to purchase the upgrade. When I had to reinstall my windows, I had no way to download the version I had purchased so I ended up having to buy the upgrade anyway. I might still have the original email Where he was nice and sarcastic.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2020-05-08 20:24:57

Wait what? Makes copying easier? How is it any easier than ctrl c? Makes increasing the volume easier? Yeah, I have two volume buttons on my keyboard, doesn't get any easier than that does it?

2020-05-08 20:50:06

Hi.

I'd not use it.

You can use most if not all of the functions on your computer without this script thing.

2020-05-08 20:56:50 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-05-08 20:59:42)

@nidza07, I heard it had a clipboard history thing but even that's useless now thanks to Windows clipboard. Also, not all keyboards will have dedicated volume buttons so that can come in handy I suppose. Still, there are free and better alternatives if you want that type of thing.
@RTT, Were you talking to Brian? He sounded sort of not bad on his demos, but people's inward and outward personalities change and, who knows, maybe he was just having a crap day. Either way that doesn't justify being downright rude to a customer IMO, especially without an apology. See if you can dig out that Email, I'd be interested to see it.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-05-08 21:04:47

Yep, I am aware that not all keyboards have volume buttons, but I would argue that an external keyboard is a lot cheaper than this. Thanks for clarifying about clipboard history, thankfully now it's a native Windows feature.

2020-05-08 23:14:48 (edited by Still_Standing 2020-05-08 23:16:25)

to hell with that thing, sorry but i see no reason in even bothering to  buy it, just a bunch of things that you can get for  free, + i  think it's for a thousand usd, just like jaws, i'd rather buy a new computer rather then buying  it
totally worless in my  opinion

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-05-08 23:35:08

I think we'd all like to see the email @12 got; it would be the nail in the coughin, honestly.  I was always skeptical when the transfer of q9 was made, as were many, many others.  For a game that many supported and many felt was quite entertaining it seriously felt like a slap in the face and it's still stinging.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-05-08 23:51:25

Hi.

I think it's £150 for the pro version and 100 for the non pro one.

2020-05-09 01:51:41

@Brad: No. Leasey Total Package is $67, and Leasey Advance is $41. Whether they will work with demo versions of JAWS or not I am not sure, I may actually need to ask about that myself as the last perpetual license I have for JAWS is at version 15, and 2020 is an annual license, so I am not sure if purchasing Leasey is safe on an annual license. I myself wouldn't at all mind buying it if they still had the payment plan they were talking about earlier just to minimize risk, but if that isn't possible I won't be losing sleep over potentially paying 40 bucks for what will essentially be all 4 of the games that would be included.
That being said I do hope these are permanent prices and not discounts, as there is no indication of these being discount prices and if it is indeed $41 then perhaps Q9 and company may be a little easier to obtain. Especially if the license can function with JAWS demo serials.

2020-05-09 02:17:13

Hi.

@jack, oh? The bites section of the website says it's over $100. I'm glad it's lower in price.

2020-05-09 02:29:09

How old is that bite? You may be listening to info that is null and void at this point because of the age of the recording. You should look directly on the purhcase page for the most up to date pricing info.

2020-05-09 03:21:51

Hi.

I didn't think about that.

Honestly I don't care enough to check it out, you're right though, that's a good idea smile

2020-05-09 12:08:18

OK, I understand everything now. I guess I do not need the thing.

2020-05-09 13:28:27

Hey so I'm curious now. What is this windows clipboard history thing and how do you go about using it? NVDA speech history is one of the many things that's kept me using it over jaws, I'm not sure anything could match it in convenience at this point.
Btw @ post 12, that doesn't at all surprise me. Brian is an asshole who really doesn't give a rats ass about his custamers. I for one refuse to support someone who's basically using people who don't know any better for their money.