2020-04-09 16:44:41

the demo was great so i decided to buy the full game.
a little of-topic but this is the first time i bought something with alexa, because i got my echo dot 3 some weeks ago. and the process was simple, easy and painless haha.
let's try this now...

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2020-04-09 18:23:40

Well, finished the main story. I can't wait to see what else this game has to offer.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-04-09 19:01:23

Well, I really did love the beta. I didn´t feel any problem at all. Can I still give you feedback about my experience?

2020-04-10 03:10:44

The subscription bug is back again. It says my country doesn’t support it, even though it definitely does.

2020-04-10 08:41:37

Computergamer wrote:

Well, I really did love the beta. I didn´t feel any problem at all. Can I still give you feedback about my experience?

Absolutely! The email [email protected] is always open, even when we're not in beta testing.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-10 17:43:25

I would like to say that this is a great game. I can't wait to see what will be added.
I am wondering if there will be more story added to the game with the add ons?

2020-04-12 18:28:24

Hi! I tried to open the game, but I got the same problem with the subscription again. I t said the game is not supported in my country. What should I do?

2020-04-12 18:57:46

I played the demo of this game ... it was pretty cool. WIsh there was a way to purchase it on the app store, since I don't have a way to get Amazon gift cards at the moment.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-04-13 08:52:47

Computergamer wrote:

Hi! I tried to open the game, but I got the same problem with the subscription again. I t said the game is not supported in my country. What should I do?

Hi!
Try disabling the beta skill before enabling the full version, we had another player with the same problem that got it to work this way. If this does not work for you, please let me know.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-13 09:42:29

Hi!
Can someone please point me to step by step instructions for getting this game in Germany on an Amazon Echo Dot? I'd love to give this thing a try.
Best,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2020-04-13 22:43:43

I tried to disable the beta and enabling  the full version, but it didn´t help.

2020-04-14 01:34:25 (edited by Tech Geek 2020-04-14 01:44:26)

Computergamer wrote:

I did the same as I had the same problem. Is there the same problem as before or is this just a game issue.
My skill does say in skill purchase available so I know my country is supported.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2020-04-14 08:47:49

Tech Geek wrote:
Computergamer wrote:

I did the same as I had the same problem. Is there the same problem as before or is this just a game issue.
My skill does say in skill purchase available so I know my country is supported.

We're looking into what might be causing this as we have enabled purchases in all English speaking countries.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-14 08:49:43

EternalGamer wrote:

Hi!
Can someone please point me to step by step instructions for getting this game in Germany on an Amazon Echo Dot? I'd love to give this thing a try.
Best,
EG

Hi!
The Cursed Painting is only available in English for now. If you still want to play the game in it's original language you would have to change your country settings to an English speaking country.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-14 14:56:19

Hi!
I'm aware of that, and it's absolutely okay for me to play in English.
So how do I get it enabled and running on a German Echo Dot, or an iPhone? I've got an amazon.de account. Instructions are still appreciated.
Best,
Felix

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2020-04-14 15:45:31

EternalGamer wrote:

Hi!
I'm aware of that, and it's absolutely okay for me to play in English.
So how do I get it enabled and running on a German Echo Dot, or an iPhone? I've got an amazon.de account. Instructions are still appreciated.
Best,
Felix

If you go into your Amazon settings -> your content and devices -> preferences. There you'll find the Country/Region Setting that let's you add/change your country.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-14 17:52:02

I notice that I saw a knife and axe added to the shop over the weekend. Is this something that I unlocked or is this something that has been added?

2020-04-15 09:17:21

cyco wrote:

I notice that I saw a knife and axe added to the shop over the weekend. Is this something that I unlocked or is this something that has been added?

As of right now The Cursed Painting has no unlockable weapons. Is unlockables something you want? Whether it be weapons or armor or anything else.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-15 10:03:41 (edited by EternalGamer 2020-04-15 10:05:43)

I don't know if I like this step. It tells me my payment method will no longer be valid, and I don't have a credit card so there is no way I could pay once I'm in the Amazon.com universe.
Are you, in effect, telling me I need to get a credit card just to subscribe to your game even though I am a pre-existing Amazon customer with a pages long history of purchases? Does this also mean that after making this change I won't even be able to order, say, an ethernet cable through Amazon.de as it now thinks I am a US customer?
Your game may be wonderful and very accessible, but the platform you chose to market it is not, and is therefore doing you a grave disservice.
The weakest link in the chain determines how accessible something is. In this tragic case, you gave 100 percent, and Amazon made it zero.
As Trump would say: Sad! Very sad!

2020-04-15 10:52:27

EternalGamer wrote:

I don't know if I like this step. It tells me my payment method will no longer be valid, and I don't have a credit card so there is no way I could pay once I'm in the Amazon.com universe.
Are you, in effect, telling me I need to get a credit card just to subscribe to your game even though I am a pre-existing Amazon customer with a pages long history of purchases? Does this also mean that after making this change I won't even be able to order, say, an ethernet cable through Amazon.de as it now thinks I am a US customer?
Your game may be wonderful and very accessible, but the platform you chose to market it is not, and is therefore doing you a grave disservice.
The weakest link in the chain determines how accessible something is. In this tragic case, you gave 100 percent, and Amazon made it zero.
As Trump would say: Sad! Very sad!

We're sorry you feel this way. We have done everything we can to make The Cursed Painting accessible, but we have certain restrictions. If we were to release the game in, say Germany, it would have to be entirely in German. Different countries also have different ratingsystems and what they deem appropriate; this can be seen in the gaming industry as a whole, where some games go through several states of censoring before it's allowed to be release in certain countries.

If you still want to play our game and not get a credit card, you're able to edit your Payment Method in which you can add a secondary billing address. This address can be in your country and should therefore be compatible with the card that you do have.

I hope this helped.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-15 12:04:33

Hi.

At Eternal gamer true, we over here in germany never get the good echo games because the restriction still is that the skills must be fully translated to function and simple language input switching is still not a thing.
As it was said, you can switch regions and set your Alexa to English, if you want to purchase something though you would need to reset your Region and language to German. I remember the process of switching was abit tedious, so read up on google how this works because I can't really tell you anymore how I did it.

Another idea would be to create a second amazon account, setting it to English and the United states and connect that to your Echo.

Something general though, i also agree that the echo isn't the best platform to release games for. I have problems with voice controled games because you can't really play them in silence and afore mensioned regional problems are also coming in.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-04-15 13:06:18

Hey thanks for the input!
As for now, I'll wait until these annoying restrictions are dropped. As soon as they are, I'll spread the word bigtime here in Germany so that the devs will have some motivation to address this issue.
Cheers,
EG

2020-04-15 20:30:55

Yes having unlockable items such as weapons, armors and even new areas with different enemies and bosses would be awesome.

2020-04-15 21:52:37

I still can´t play the full version since I can´t subscribe. The game keeps telling me the skill is not supported in my country.

2020-04-16 08:52:37

Computergamer wrote:

I still can´t play the full version since I can´t subscribe. The game keeps telling me the skill is not supported in my country.

Hi,
We have found that even though your Alexa device might be set to an English speaking country, your Amazon account may not be. You would have to go to Amazon's website and change your Country/Region settings.
You can find them in Your Content and Devices -> Preferences.

/Cornelia
Wanderword