2020-04-16 15:45:36

Wanderword wrote:
Computergamer wrote:

I still can´t play the full version since I can´t subscribe. The game keeps telling me the skill is not supported in my country.

Hi,
We have found that even though your Alexa device might be set to an English speaking country, your Amazon account may not be. You would have to go to Amazon's website and change your Country/Region settings.
You can find them in Your Content and Devices -> Preferences.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

what about those who have it set already to the right country like myself as i still get the message that it's not supported when i know it is.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

Thumbs up

2020-04-16 16:32:33

Tech Geek wrote:
Wanderword wrote:
Computergamer wrote:

I still can´t play the full version since I can´t subscribe. The game keeps telling me the skill is not supported in my country.

Hi,
We have found that even though your Alexa device might be set to an English speaking country, your Amazon account may not be. You would have to go to Amazon's website and change your Country/Region settings.
You can find them in Your Content and Devices -> Preferences.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

what about those who have it set already to the right country like myself as i still get the message that it's not supported when i know it is.

Make sure that your Amazon account, on the website, is listed and not set to "Unknown." We've noticed that you have to enter a valid address and phone number, otherwise Amazon will not recognize the country you've chosen and prompt you to fill in the required information.
Your Amazon account is always set to Unknown as default, unless you change it manually. This is not something we can bypass and we're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-04-18 06:35:34

Cornelia.
Do you know when the add on will be release? I am excited about playing the game some more.

Thumbs up

2020-04-20 10:00:57

cyco wrote:

Cornelia.
Do you know when the add on will be release? I am excited about playing the game some more.

We're happy you like the game!
Right now we are fixing some bugs and dialog for the first expansion, but I'll update you all when we've finished and certified it.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-04-21 16:54:30

If you've played The Cursed Painting, or the demo for it, and enjoyed the game, feel free to leave a review or rating. It helps us tremendously to know what our players think.

https://www.amazon.com/Wanderword-Curse … B0833DJ4TD

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-04-28 02:14:50

@Wanderword
I live in Australia. When I start the game, it tells me my country doesn't support the subscription. Is that true?

Thumbs up

2020-04-28 09:58:46

rpgtank wrote:

@Wanderword
I live in Australia. When I start the game, it tells me my country doesn't support the subscription. Is that true?

If you visit the Amazon website and look at your country settings, make sure it's set to an existing address within your country. Even if your Alexa is set to Australia, your Amazon account may not be.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-04-28 10:59:45

this is also doing this to me, as well. saying the skill is not supported in my country; the subscription to the beta. It was working, now it is not. very very strange as was going to play it all today. my alexa is used on my phone with my account, and is set to UK

Thumbs up

2020-04-28 11:39:54

wlomas wrote:

this is also doing this to me, as well. saying the skill is not supported in my country; the subscription to the beta. It was working, now it is not. very very strange as was going to play it all today. my alexa is used on my phone with my account, and is set to UK

As stated above, make sure your Amazon account on their website is set to an existing address (with province and ZIP code included). We helped another customer situated in the UK who couldn't subscribe, but after making sure he added his current address to his online profile, he was able to subscribe without any further issues.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-04-30 17:47:47 (edited by Tech Geek 2020-04-30 17:50:49)

Wanderword wrote:
wlomas wrote:

this is also doing this to me, as well. saying the skill is not supported in my country; the subscription to the beta. It was working, now it is not. very very strange as was going to play it all today. my alexa is used on my phone with my account, and is set to UK

As stated above, make sure your Amazon account on their website is set to an existing address (with province and ZIP code included). We helped another customer situated in the UK who couldn't subscribe, but after making sure he added his current address to his online profile, he was able to subscribe without any further issues.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

well, I've done the checks i need to, but even though it says theres a in app subscription purchase it will not let me purchase it when i load the skill. the message i get when i try to purchase is the subscription is not available in your country. i'm based in the UK and Ive followed the instructions above.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

Thumbs up

2020-05-04 10:30:57

Tech Geek wrote:
Wanderword wrote:
wlomas wrote:

this is also doing this to me, as well. saying the skill is not supported in my country; the subscription to the beta. It was working, now it is not. very very strange as was going to play it all today. my alexa is used on my phone with my account, and is set to UK

As stated above, make sure your Amazon account on their website is set to an existing address (with province and ZIP code included). We helped another customer situated in the UK who couldn't subscribe, but after making sure he added his current address to his online profile, he was able to subscribe without any further issues.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

well, I've done the checks i need to, but even though it says theres a in app subscription purchase it will not let me purchase it when i load the skill. the message i get when i try to purchase is the subscription is not available in your country. i'm based in the UK and Ive followed the instructions above.

Hi!
Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the skill after you added a location to your Amazon account? If this does not work it is a problem on Amazon's side and I suggest you contact their customer support.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 16:02:45

Everyone!
The first expansion is now live. You will have to have found the painting and defeated the last enemy, to be able to trigger the new mission. Simply go to the town center and the dialog should start. If you're already at town when booting up the game, enter the shop, pub or forest before going back to trigger the interaction.

Spoilers for the main quest in the expansion summary below:
As the townspeople are absorbing the events that happened, they are slowly returning to the life that they are accustomed to. However, as with every big event, some changes are bound to happen. With the old mayor gone, a new relationship surfaces, and with that, a new quest for the hero. The new mayor has gotten reports of activity coming from an abandoned monastery with an unknown history situated on the outskirts of town. With the recent incident and the hero’s gallant triumph in mind, he tasks the hero to swiftly investigate the site to find out what is happening at the location.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 19:28:24

Hi. First and foremost, I'm loving the game. I do wish the audio could be mixed based on whether or not you're using ranged, melee, or magic book, but I understand how tedious that might be.
I do have a question about death rewind, though. When you die and the game turns back pages, it doesn't reset you to the health at that rewound state. Is this intentional?

Kai

Thumbs up

2020-05-11 22:19:57

How long is the expansion mission?

Thumbs up

2020-05-12 09:01:14

Xvordan wrote:

Hi. First and foremost, I'm loving the game. I do wish the audio could be mixed based on whether or not you're using ranged, melee, or magic book, but I understand how tedious that might be.
I do have a question about death rewind, though. When you die and the game turns back pages, it doesn't reset you to the health at that rewound state. Is this intentional?

Kai

Hi,
We're happy that you like the game!
And yes, the health is not supposed to reset. You're simply alive again, not fully healed. Hope this helps!

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-05-12 09:02:08

cyco wrote:

How long is the expansion mission?

All expansions will be around 15 minutes.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-05-12 09:19:29

hi. how can I buy this?

signature start. who digs a grave for another. he falls in it.

Thumbs up

2020-05-12 09:25:42

ficho wrote:

hi. how can I buy this?

All expansions are included in the price for the game, so no need for additional payments.
The Cursed Painting is only available on the Amazon Alexa. To play, follow this link and enable the skill https://www.amazon.com/Wanderword-Curse … B0833DJ4TD

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-05-14 19:44:33

hi wanderword,
i tried to see if i could subscribe again about 2 days ago, but for some reason it let me in the  dungeon without.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

Thumbs up

2020-05-20 10:47:28

Hi there everyone!
The full version of The Cursed Painting has now been live for a couple of weeks and we just want to thank you all for your interest in our game. The feedback and constructive criticism has helped us in improving, not only the game-play but also let us know from a consumer perspective what you like and don't like as much.
The second expansion is being bug tested right now and will be live next month!

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-05-20 11:34:09

great to hear that!
the good thing for me at least, is that i don't have much time to play right now. too much work, but the bright side is that i'll have much more to do when i can finally play again.
haven't played the first expansion yet, but if i can suggest something, some puzzles could be very interesting to have, outside of battling.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

Thumbs up

2020-05-25 10:40:56

We just wanted to remind everyone that positive ratings/reviews help us tremendously! So if you enjoy the game and want to see more from us, think about leaving a nice review on our Amazon page.
https://www.amazon.com/Wanderword-Curse … B0833DJ4TD

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-05-25 10:46:39

grate. I want to ask something. I messed around in amazon and changed something to US. but wen I opened cursed painting it let me enter the dungeon with out subscribing ore something like that. do you know why?

signature start. who digs a grave for another. he falls in it.

Thumbs up

2020-05-25 14:03:51

ficho wrote:

grate. I want to ask something. I messed around in amazon and changed something to US. but wen I opened cursed painting it let me enter the dungeon with out subscribing ore something like that. do you know why?

We actually don't know why this is happening, a few other customers experienced the same thing and we (together with Amazon) are looking into it.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

Thumbs up

2020-07-18 17:57:01

*Spoiler alert*
So I completed the dungeon and now I returned to the center of town. I then went to the town hall and I have to fight the captain of the guard.
One thing I find annoying is that after I get revived, I don't regain my health back or at least a small amount of it. It really sucks specially since I run out of potions quickly this way.
I guess I can always go back to the forest with one health and fight monsters, hoping that they wouldn't land a hit and kill them and get some gold this way, or steal from the shop.
What I like to see is for the player to regain at least a small amount of their health when they get revived again, not fully healed mind you. This way the player can at least get started again and fight some monsters, get some gold, buy some potions and get back to their objective.
I'm not saying that it's not doable with the current way you guys have it, it's just that it's going to take way too long to complete, unless it's intended to be this way.
By the way I'm level 7, with 3 power, 4 agility, and 3 toughness.

Thumbs up