2019-10-21 17:09:44

Hi,
@Pitchblack: Thanks for your answer about combat. It's not a problem for me if there's None, I will enjoy it nonetheless.
I also checked out the Kickstarter Video on your YouTube channel and I think it really is well done.
Good luck with the Kickstarter (even though I am certain that you will reach and exceed your funding Goal)!

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-10-22 18:29:57

Time for another update!

77%
$4,020 pledged of $5,190 goal 83 backers 23 days to go

2019-10-23 13:23:19

Hey there! Thanks very much Julian, we're one pledge off 80% right now. Ooo it's exciting. I have to tell you as a developer, doing a Kickstarter is such a wild ride, because everything leads up to it as soon as you decide you're doing one, which we did about six months ago, so it's pretty much the same as a game launch, except it lasts for a whole month so you're constantly on full alert. Mad!

Anyway, thanks again everyone, will keep checking back here to answer any questions.

All the best
Harry smile

2019-10-23 16:03:36 (edited by threeblacknoises 2019-10-23 16:04:19)

Hay Hary, sorry I'm a little late to the party.
I looked at your kickstarter and am wondering one thing.
Why is the creater's commentary reward after the masterclass reward?
I; for one; don't need the classes, but would love to have the creater's commentary build of the game.
Is their some way this could be acomidated?
Here's really hoping the kickstarter is a success, because this game looks vary interesting.
Later!

2019-10-23 21:21:56

If I could change my $50 pledge I would want one that has the commentator build along with the rest of the rewards that come with the $50 pledge.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-10-24 03:10:03

Greetings friends of the AG forum,

Harry from Pitch Black, was recently interviewed by the guys over at ‘Black Screen Gaming,” and since it is still ‘hot off the press” at the time of this posting:

https://blog.blackscreengaming.com/audi … 0/23/2019/

Please spread the word, and share it everywhere!

2019-10-25 14:08:20

flameAlchemist wrote:

If I could change my $50 pledge I would want one that has the commentator build along with the rest of the rewards that come with the $50 pledge.

Thanks for your support Kenny! If you head to the Kickstarter page you can change your pledge to a different tier.

2019-10-25 14:10:33

threeblacknoises wrote:

Hay Hary, sorry I'm a little late to the party.
I looked at your kickstarter and am wondering one thing.
Why is the creater's commentary reward after the masterclass reward?
I; for one; don't need the classes, but would love to have the creater's commentary build of the game.
Is their some way this could be acomidated?
Here's really hoping the kickstarter is a success, because this game looks vary interesting.
Later!

Hey there! The pricing of the tier system is due to the time it takes to produce each thing, the creators commentary is quite the investment of time. With that being said, if you give me an add on Facebook I'm sure we can sort something - https://www.facebook.com/HarryJCooper

2019-10-25 15:40:40

Hi Harry.
I've just watched the youtube videos of the game and i am very excited.
Would it be possible to sell the audio book and creators commentary build of the game after release? Also, will there be combat?
Thanks in advance.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-10-25 15:52:05

Sorry for the double post, but I sent you a private message harry. Sorry about the link, if it doesn't work please let me know.

2019-10-25 23:32:35

will the game have a main menu system?

2019-10-26 05:29:38

I say, Kickstarter campaign progress is lit right now!

91%
$4,678
pledged of $5,136 goal
backers
days to go

2019-10-26 11:00:01

I really wish I could back This project, but I am unable to do so at the moment. Maybe some other time.

2019-10-26 11:01:13 (edited by PitchBlack 2019-10-26 11:12:56)

RTT entertainment wrote:

Hi Harry.
I've just watched the youtube videos of the game and i am very excited.
Would it be possible to sell the audio book and creators commentary build of the game after release? Also, will there be combat?
Thanks in advance.

Hey there!

We're considering it for sure, the audio book is definitely going to be. The concern with the Creators Commentary is that we don't want to be unfair to our Kickstarter supporters who backed us early on with substantial pledges, it represents a large out lay of money, and a large amount of trust, and we wouldn't want to do anything to make those that have gone for that tier feel under valued. So if we do sell it post Kickstarter, at least initially, it'll be quite expensive.

And there will be no combat in this game, but it is something we're looking at for the sequel smile.

And Nick! There will be a menu, our current conception of it is that it will be spatialised, with the player turning around to face the appropriate direction, and selecting the item that's centered that way.

2019-10-26 12:03:13

Hi Harry. I did as you suggested. Thank you. Please could you just check if you received it? I may need to resend.

2019-10-26 14:36:25

I have just backed the project and shared it. I'm sure it'll be funded.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-10-27 15:54:52

Hey RTT, I see Connor's already gotten back to you, excellent, thanks for contributing!

SLJ, awesome. Can't wait to send you a copy of the game man!

Everyone- we've cracked 100%, in no small part thanks to the people on this forum. Thank you so so much! We've just announced our first stretch goal too, which is at £6000- if we hit that, we'll be able to add a save transfer functionality, meaning you'll be able to pick up where you left off between devices.

Thanks again, will keep ya'll updated!

All the best
Harry

2019-10-27 16:27:53

Let me be the 1st to congratulate you on your recent success. I know a good game when I see one, and I can see all the love and care that you guys put into this game just by listening to the sounds of the demo. I might back this game next month, but I’m really not sure if I will be able to. I have a few questions about the game. Do we have to follow the story? Will there be distractions in the world? Also, is there a currency system? Is there a progression system? Illegally sighted said that this was an audio RPG. I’m going to be completely honest here, it’s very hard to imagine an RPG without combat. It doesn’t matter. I like the fact that this game doesn’t have combat. I know that there is an arcade in the game, and I absolutely love that idea. Will there be vehicles in the game? Maybe that could be a stretch goal. Will we have the ability to drive over nonplayer characters? I know this classifies as a type of combat, but will we be able to interact with the world while not completing the story? Thanks in advance and sorry about all these questions.

2019-10-27 17:16:21

So I have a really weird question. Whenever I open PitchBlack, it gives me screen resolution settings, and input settings. Is there a reason for this, or is this  a part of the gameMaker studio you're using?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-10-27 17:28:49

I believe this is a part Of the unity game engine as many other audio games produced using this engine have the same dialogue box on launch. Blind gladiator is an example.

2019-10-27 17:38:25

Will we be able to talk with the NPC’s and will they be able to help us or give useless advice?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-10-27 17:48:12

Also, what is meant by occlusion puzzles?

2019-10-28 00:07:26

will the game have a way that I can interact with the arcade and the ads?
the only thing I can interact in the game is the drunk guy and the simulator.

2019-10-28 13:30:02

Oki doke, let's answer these questions!

There will be no combat, vehicle based or otherwise.
The dialogue box is a unity thing, and doesn't change anything in the demo, will be removed in later builds.
NPC's will give useful advice, but you'll have to listen carefully as you move through the environments to pick up on them.
Occlusion refers to when there is something between an audio source and the player, either completely or partially blocking the transmission of the sound wave. You can use this to create navigation puzzles, where-in the player has to listen for when the occlusion stops, as that will be where the opening will be. By using partial/complete, and by using increasing numbers of occluding objects, you can make navigation puzzles.
The arcade will feature interactive mini-games, all NPC's respond to your presence, some of them you'll be able to interact with further.

Keep those questions coming everybody!

Harry

2019-10-28 16:06:39

Thanks for the answers. I have a few more questions. Will there be any unlockables? Will we be able to purchase items using currency? Also, what is the protagonists name? Do you think you could please add a save management system? I love the ability to delete my saves. Also, can you please explain how the random generation works? Also, I honestly don’t think the main menu idea you suggested would work. It would be an interesting attempt, but it could Be quite frustrating. Imagine having to turn to face each menu option using a mobile device that would probably have tilt controls  enabled during a car drive. It’s a good idea, don’t get me wrong, but I feel the more traditional menu could work. It would also be kind of weird to have the main menu options speaking individually around your head. That’s just my opinion.