2019-10-17 15:39:28 (edited by PitchBlack 2022-08-15 15:13:19)

EDIT - Episode One of Pitch Black: A Dusklight Story has now launched on PC, iOS, MacOS and Android! You can get it below:

Steam - https://steam.pm/app/2084030/
App Store - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pitch-bla … 1614516158
Itch.io - https://purple-jam-audio.itch.io/pitch- … ight-story
Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … lightStory

END EDIT

Hello fellow audio game enthusiasts! 

For those of you that haven’t heard (we've been shouting pretty loudly about it), we’re releasing a narrative driven, 3D binaural audio game (entirely accessible to the blind and VI community), featuring explorable, immersive sound worlds, a complex dramatic story and multiple innovative audio mechanics based on psycho-acoustic principles. The game will be available on PC/MacOS/Linux, and Android/iOS.

We've just launched the Kickstarter, and whilst it's going rather well so far, we really need some help keeping the momentum going to surpass our £4000 ($5000ish) target. 

Here’s the Kickstarter campaign page:
Kickstarter! - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pi … audio-game

And our socials..

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/PitchBlackADusklightStory/
Instagram- @pitchblackgame
Twitter- @dusklightpro

A huge thanks again from myself and the other two guys on the team.

Connor, Harry and Jordan
Purple Jam Ltd

P.S. if you fancy a more personal chat about the game, audio games generally, or just how you're day's going, please do add me on Facebook smile - https://www.facebook.com/HarryJCooper

2019-10-17 15:53:56

Hi. Congratulations! Do you think you could please tell us a little more about the game? How far along is the game?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-10-17 17:17:36

I didn't realy get it, so is this a Fantasy game or what? Or an RPG? Or a Fantasy RPG or SF? big_smile

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-10-17 17:33:10

Hey guys! Thanks for responding so quickly, it's probably easier to send some videos your way rather than try to put it into words-

Tech demo playthrough by Illegally Sighted (unaffiliated) - https://youtu.be/pLGWFGdn_e0
The world- https://youtu.be/QJbNNGLuGx8

The game is set for release in October of next year, with certain backers getting access to builds throughout development. So far all of the audio mechanics are coded and in place, as well as most of the in game systems. So essentially the fundamentals of the game are already done, now it's a case of building the levels that make up the 5-6 hours narrative.

Would love to have a chat about the game play via skype (or discord, or messenger, whatever suits), it's quite an original project so sometimes it's difficult to convey exactly how it'll work. Although illegally sighted does a great job of showcasing the audio.

Cheers guys, got to head out for a little while now, but will respond to any questions asap when I get back.

All the best
Harry

2019-10-17 18:11:48

You might want to update your first post, what's up with people not being able to properly present their projects these days? Just

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-10-17 19:13:55

@#5 I personally believe he did a fine job of presenting his project. It's exactly as he described.

PitchBlack wrote:

For those of you that haven’t heard (we've been shouting pretty loudly about it), we’re releasing a narrative driven, 3D binaural audio game (entirely accessible to the blind and VI community), featuring explorable, immersive sound worlds, a complex dramatic story and multiple innovative audio mechanics based on psycho-acoustic principles. The game will be available on PC/MacOS/Linux, and Android/iOS.

In that post he described the core concept they have for the game, and what operating systems it’s available on. Obviously, there’s no story yet and if there was, they wouldn’t explain it because that’d ruin the main release for everyone.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-10-17 19:23:07

So what is supposed to compell me to play this game?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-10-17 19:40:54

Oh, let’s see. The voice acting, the gameplay mechanics, the atmosphere, and pretty much everything else they’re advertising in the kick starter?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-10-17 19:55:08

@7 that's the sort of thing you make a kickstarter for. It's also why all the info is put on the kickstarter page. It's there for a reason, and if you want to see what this is about, go look at it. If you don't, fair enough. You'll probably miss out though, this coming from someone who has actually read about it and listened to the videos they have on the page.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-10-17 20:06:07

Awesome idea guys, looking forward to it.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-10-17 20:06:39

I understand where post 5 is coming from, and where I don't have any comments about the presentation of the content in post 1, I'm still missing information such as if the game will have any replay value, what genre actually is it, and will it have an RPG system like upgrading/leveling up your character et?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-10-17 20:32:23

Ugh, entitlement everywhere. I apologize to the original poster for those people that clearly are doing a bit bad in reading comprehension. Anyway, I would think a discussion of the story content is good, always happy to see more people interested into developing such games.
To those who are failing reading classes and will keep on asking Whether the game will have 4d extra equalized boosted sound, personalized voice acting that responds to your candy craving, replay value so you don't feel lonely, or whether it can be controlled using your shoulder and upper back muscles via an electrode strap is none of your business.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-10-17 21:14:25

@Post 12... You're good at making sence aren't you?
I understood nothing of that rant

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-10-17 21:17:30

Hey guys!

No need to get an argument going, and no worries, happy to talk about the game some more smile.

-As regards re-play value, that's something that's important to us, so we've included the following features, which are described a little further down on the Kickstarter page:

Three fully voice-acted versions of each main character in the game.
Unique, emergent soundscapes at each play due to randomisation.
Procedural generation of occlusion puzzles in-game.
Audio-based arcade mini-games, featuring audio versions of classics like pong, and space invaders.
Dense, and rich, fully explorable sound worlds, with hidden world building to those that venture off the beaten-path.
Additional Soundscapes within Soundscapes through in-game simulations.

-As regards the story line, I'd hate to give the game away with too much detail. The game is set in a futuristic, post apocalyptic, dystopian city. You play a rebel infiltrator attempting to uncover the tyrannical church and corporate energy companies to tell the people the truth, to tell the people how they are really being controlled.

-The script is extensive and the second draft is complete. For a more thorough description of the world in which it's set, please listen to our narrative over view video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJbNNGLuGx8

-Concerning what type of game it is, the game play primarily entails exploration, and navigation, with some audio based puzzling. The most compelling reasons to purchase the game, at least to me, are firstly- the unique audio mechanics and the 3D sound quality in general, and secondly- the depth of the world with which you explore them.

As I said, if you're interested in having more of a chat about the project, please do add me on Facebook. I'd be more than happy to have a phone call to clear up any questions: https://www.facebook.com/HarryJCooper

All the best, and thanks again for taking an interest in our project.
Harry

2019-10-17 21:30:06

While puzzle games really aren’t my thing, I am still going to get the game when it comes out because this is just a first project. A game or two after this, we could finally have an RPG like this with a battle system and everything  this game has to boot.  I am seeing a bright future for audio games.

2019-10-17 21:39:35

just backed this project in the hope that yall can reach yall's goles. Sounds lit from the sounds of it.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-10-17 21:57:01

Thanks so much Jonnyboy1991! Much obliged. We're really hoping to crack 50% tonight.

2019-10-17 22:13:02

Hi.

I backed the project a couple hours ago, I think you guys will hit your goal and probably pass it.

For those that are interested, the amount so far is £1,705.

I'll probably be updating my pledge or making a new one, depending on how it's done on kick starter, in a couple weeks.

One thing, I do wish the demo would tell you you can run, it's a great game but I found it to be slow.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-10-17 22:50:36

Hi Brad!

Firstly, thanks so much for the pledge!

Secondly, a lot of people have mentioned that. My plan is to do a new build at the weekend to fix a couple of bugs that have been discovered since launch, increasing movement speed, and mentioning the sprint is part of that.

Do you have any other suggestions? It's always great to get player feedback.

Harry

2019-10-17 23:09:51

Holding down tab actually does list sprinting as one of the controls, so it's already there. I also find the movement speed to be slow. Sprinting speed is what I would consider normal movement speed in most games.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-10-17 23:53:36

Hi:

Congratulations on your new project; just wish I had the funds to back it. I have a couple of questions and a suggestion. Firstly, does this game have or will it get optional graphics? I ask because if this game is to be successful commercially, it has to have some appeal to sighted users beyond its novelty value to them, and it would be good to have as wide a player base as possible to keep the game going. Secondly, will the demo be expanded as more content is added?

Now, fr the suggestion. Rise the volume of the footsteps, they are too quiet. Oh, one more question. DOes turning work as it's supposed to for everyone. I played with the ndemo last night, but I couldnt get my character to turn easily or quickly.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-10-18 01:07:26

I looked at your project.
Quite good, I don't generally back to many things, though I do help where I can.
I noticed that you were testing, are you still looking for testers?
I had a look, but like some have put, I like the mechanics, but I don't get the tech demo at all, but then its an alpha really so I didn't expect to.
Still for what it is its really good, I like the audio guys.

2019-10-18 01:50:09

Nice concept, keep it up guys.
I think if the foot steps can be louder then that? Also the overall volume is a bit low as well.
Keep up this fantastic job.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2019-10-18 02:11:16 (edited by queenslight 2019-10-18 02:17:47)

As of this posting, the kickstarter is at 45%. $2,314 of its $5,128 goal.
(The above is in ‘US Dollars.”)

@PitchBlack

Since this game is gonna be available for Android in the future, I would strongly recommend also joining the ‘Android Talk News And Deals” list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/antad
and announce it on there, as there are many gamers on Android who do not frequent here.
NB. Although the list itself is not a ‘public” one, it is a ‘free-form” list. Thus it ain’t just Android talk. IOS and everything tech-like is allowed.

2019-10-18 02:16:25

I'm looking forward to downloading this game When it comes out and also can you raise the volume of the footstep sounds and also how much will this game cost?