2019-08-08 22:08:34

Audible hopes you have not enjoyed this program.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-08-08 23:40:43

This is definitely not audible.

2019-08-09 00:01:41

I don't really know how to describe my feelings towards Molly Burke. When I first  came across her videos, she struck me as being informative, cheerful, and a well-spoken person. I enjoyed her content! And yes, I even had a crush on her. Nothing really serious though. Just a crush a person gets for a celebrity. Whether or not she's a celebrity isn't what I want to get into, but that's how I felt! Just her voice is the kind for which I usually fall.
I came across her videos when she was still living in Canada. However, and I'm not saying this is the exact reason, although it is a possibility, I noticed when she moved to California, her way of speaking sort of changed. Also her mannerisms are a bit different as compared to when she was in Canada. This is just my opinion. It does work for her though. We can't deny that. But I noticed I haven't really liked her content as much as I enjoyed it before. Let's also keep in mind she's had exposure to other avenues in mainstream media, so she has that as a advantage in terms of having already established a following to be considered "significant."
Another thing that kind of bothers me, and I'm sure she's not doing it deliberately, is how she continues to bring up her story, almost highlighting the fact that she had some sight at one point. Everyone has a right to feel bad about their situation, but at the same time it just kind of rubs me the wrong way. Maybe not so much the fact that she brings it up as much as the highlighting factor of having had sight. Lol! Maybe it's just me though. And besides, it is her channel, and she does get sympathy. Anyway, now she just kind of annoys me. Of course, that's just 1 out of a million opinions! Lol! Seh's still a pretty cool person all things considered.

2019-08-09 00:59:05

Also, a point to consider about the narration perspective. This is coming from someone who knows their stuff and has done production work. Your 3 hours of narration is probably at the very least double that in terms of studio work. I.e you're not going to just fire up your DAW, read your book and call it a day. It will be quality checked, because unless you have a home or pro studio that is acoustically fit for your work you are going to have noises to edit out (I'm looking right at you, RFB&D/Learning Ally). That being said, good narration does take skill and that is something she does indeed have.

2019-08-09 03:28:47

Hmm, never met this person, and I never watch her video either. I will give a try to see wether I like her or not.

2019-08-09 04:38:37

Having watched random bits from some of her videos, valley girl sounds like a fair assessment. Plus she's got a video where she appears to be on her way to see not only a psychic, but psychic twins. Oh boy...

2019-08-09 07:54:47

Okay guys, I have an idea. Why don’t we all give her our opinions? Tell her exactly what we feel? Constructive criticism is a good thing. If you do, just don’t be too harsh. Remember, it’s supposed to be constructive. I think I’m going to.  I see many of you feel the same way. Remember, nothing is going to change if you don’t share your opinions.

2019-08-09 10:39:42

I've watched bits of her videos, and there are a few things that do get a bit annoying about her at times. she seems to have to mention she's blind way too much, like post 32 stated, the way she comes across with some of the videos and things she says, she even puts that she's blind in other youtubers comment sections, like she is really trying to draw attention to that fact. but the thing she does that really gets on my nerves is calling sighted people 'sighties'. however i do respect her for what she does and the fact that she's got that many subs does say a lot about her at least.

2019-08-09 10:52:50

Guys, I really think one of us should post this in the comments section. Explain how you feel and what can be improved upon. Remember, we are all one collective. We are all the blind community. She is also a member of the blind community as are we all. If the blind community have feelings about something they should mention it.

2019-08-09 11:52:48

How about putting a link to this topic on YouTube comments section?

2019-08-09 12:01:00

Hell yeah. Maybe that would be a good idea. What do you guys think?

2019-08-09 14:07:24

I don't really see any point to doing that. I mean, there's little harm either, but what exactly do you hope to affect by doing it?
Mostly this thread just looks silly to me. Not entirely, again, but mostly. I wouldn't want to read it, as an outsider.

Also, "sighties" is not specific to Molly. That word is cringy for me, but I've heard it in dozens of other places. I hate it there, too.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-09 14:41:49

Yes, I knowe it's not just her that uses 'sighties', I was just pointing out that it's something she does say, it's so cringy hearing it.

2019-08-09 14:50:39

I don’t really know. Whether you guys want to post it or not is up to you, but I really think someone should post in the comments how they feel about the way she addresses certain things. I’ve never heard her refer to sighted people in that way. I think it must be from her older videos.  If someone does post this, please alert us first?

2019-08-09 15:39:17

My favourite youtube channel is Blind tech world. I really want to meet this guy, lol.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-08-09 16:48:37

I don't see the point in posting these things into the comments of her videos.

Also, I use the term, 'sighties', myself.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-09 19:56:07

I used to hate that term, and I can't say I've ever used it. I also used to hate blindies, but I find myself using that one quite a lot these days. I think the reason I say blindy a lot more than I did, and relaxed a lot more about those two terms being thrown around as much as they are now, is because blindy is meant to be a put-down. Sadly, the people for which I reserve this term really are just that, thus why I say it, though usually not to their faces. It's no different than calling someone a bastard really, it shows how you feel about them. Some people take it good-naturedly too. As for commenting on Molly's videos and telling her what we dislike about them, I see no point in that, particularly since, even if we did, she'd probably just take them as trolling, if she even bothered to read them at all. Youtube comment sections are places where not a whole lot of anything constructive happens. Besides, I don't think telling someone they sound like a valley girl is going to help matters. It's like telling someone you think they're ugly. What purpose would that serve?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-09 20:13:10

I know. There are more, polite, shall we say, ways to put things. What do you have to lose? It’s worth a try. Just don’t be too harsh. If she  takes them as trolling, then that just shows that she doesn’t care about her community. Again, what do we have to lose? As said by Nelson Mandela and Walter Sisulu in the movie Mandela, Long walk to freedom: “alone what can you do, but together, we have power.“

2019-08-09 21:15:37

To what end?

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-09 21:20:12

If we work together as a community, we can change the world perception of the blind. Whereas if one of us tried to change the world, there might be some slight change, but nothing much will happen.

2019-08-09 21:30:36

OK, but how is it changing the world's perception of the blind by posting criticisms in her comment section?

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-09 21:51:48

I fail to see the logic in that myself. If I really stretch, and trust me, I'm only doing this because I'm bored as shit and have nothing better to do at the moment, I suppose that you could say that since she's a high-profile Youtuber, or at least, that's the impression I'm getting, there's more of a chance of more sighted people seeing our comments and thus having a better perception of us? I don't know, that still doesn't make any sense to me. Besides, as I said, the comment section of Youtube is about the last place I'd ever go to look for anything productive. I can't be alone in that.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-09 21:52:27

No, it’s not. It will just give her an idea of what she can improve on. Remember, they have to be polite  or she will just think that we are all a big bunch of trolls.

2019-08-09 22:13:51 (edited by Quin 2019-08-09 22:16:37)

@65, you wanna meet that guy? well here you go. That would be me, sir.
And in regard to commenting on her videos, she gets lots of comments a day, do you think she'll really check, find, and care about our comments? and I don't use the term sighties, i use sightlings, only when people do really annoying shit like pointing and grabbing me with out asking if i need a guide.

2019-08-09 22:17:45

As I said previously, it would be worth a try. We have nothing to lose.