2019-01-23 21:32:43

Hi,
If it's any help regarding the purchase bug, I'm on an iPhone SE that has not been upgraded to iOS 12, so it's on 11 dot something, but I can't remember it's exact number. It's definitely not 11.0 though. Also, the bugs have gotten worse, some of the attack buttons are no longer working. It started with the bare hands button doing nothing, but now, I'm in a rather important fight, and the only button that's working is the flee button.

2019-01-23 22:25:30

Hi, just have a question. Can I Switch off that voice over automatically speaks english? Because normally my voice overspeaks german but when I start the game the voice  and the language Switch  to english. Can I turn that off?

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-01-24 10:33:47

@76, everything from iOS 9 is supported, so that shouldn't be a problem. I have submitted an update to Apple yesterday that makes sure the purchase button gives some feedback as soon as it is pressed, so at least you know you pressed it. But it looks like there's something else going on with the buttons not responding. Perhaps your screen reader tech is conflicting with the game's UI? I don't have a clue, to be honest. This sounds dumb, but did you try closing the game and starting it again? Your progress will be saved.

@77, the game is entirely in English. Unless your screen reader has an automatic translation built-in, you'll have to stick with English. In fact, when I tested it, it was switched to Dutch and it would read the game in English, with a very strong Dutch accent. I wouldn't recommend it wink

Developer of text-based roguelike Path of Adventure.
Get it on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … fadventure
Download from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/path-of-ad … 1449457468

2019-01-24 13:36:21

I tried it, bought it, and love it so far. thinking about recording some game play. Thank you for adding voice over accessibility.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2019-01-24 18:28:21

The game is really cool, just bought it.

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-01-24 19:20:56

trying out the demo myself let you know my comments

2019-01-24 20:54:17

Thanks for all the support guys, that's really great!

The update for iOS just went live. It's a small one, but it might clarify what's going on when the purchase button doesn't respond. When pressed, it now says "working on it" and that - from my own experience - can take up to a minute, before the system finally kicks into action. Hope it helps a bit.

Download from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/path-of-ad … 1449457468

2019-01-24 23:55:52

hey, loving the game but any tricks. I usually can't up my stats enough by the time I get to the first boss to beat it. The stoneman is particularly frustrating. I usually have only gotten 1 elixir of growth by then and that usually isn't enough to push me over the hump to beat him. I know attack is the way to go and I know he appears before the giant who is also attack, but I can't get enough items/weapons and stats to beat him by the time I get to him.

2019-01-25 01:21:54

For anyone looking for some general tips, you can refer to posts 16 and 17 on this threadto get you started.

2019-01-25 18:21:53

Nice game, really interesting and calm.
I thinks that the weapon is destroyed too quickly, but its not a problem.

2019-01-25 22:15:57

Hi, just thought I would drop in and share my oppinion about this. It's quite rare that I pay in the App Store at all, but considering that the trial caught my attention, there was no question, I think this is a very well made game so far, and I payed right away after seeing the trial message.
To be honest, if it hadn't been for Dark putting this up on Applevis, I would not have seen it. And I'm really glad I did.
There are a few things I would like to ask though.
First, There are a few situations when you can easily use your bear hands to attack an enemy and kill them, but a lot of the time the bear hands button is dimmed. Is there a reason for that?
Next, I agree with earlier posts in the topic talking about headings being a useful thing. Particularly in the inventory screen, and in the attack screen. On that note, I think that if you don't like clicking random buttons that much, you may not even know that you can use items inside battle. I didn't, until i clicked the use button beside the attack button that was dimmed. I think the attack, use item, and magic buttons should somehow stand out, so everyone knows what they do, especially the use item button. Maybe make an index for them, like, use item button, two of three. But that's just my oppinion.
Btw, I have played about 5 games so far, and the closest I got was 47/50.
But yeah, this is an amazing game for what it is, and I can't wait to see what happens with it in the future. Maybe I'll even beat it someday...

2019-01-25 22:58:41

I think that the dimming of the bare hands button is because the enemy's defence is higher than your offense, so even if you could hit, you wouldn't do any damage at all.

2019-01-26 13:16:47 (edited by Keeweed 2019-01-26 20:34:23)

@86, great suggestions about the headings and attack-use-magic buttons. I'm putting all this kind of feedback on a list and will try to fix it in one big accessibility update.

And yes, @87 is right, when the bare hands is dimmed, or any other weapon for that matter, it means its attack is too low to deal damage. An attack mushroom, or casting a jellify spell on your enemy might change this smile

2019-01-26 19:15:19

Mushrooms might be my favourite item in the game right now.  Loving it so far, though I am yet to win.  Look forward to content updates in future. smile

2019-01-30 09:40:03

I finally just successfully completed a play through with a Warrior. It was about as close as it can get. It took every single healing potion, antidotes, and mushrooms I had to get to the final boss.

I broke my first weapon on the stupid webbing on the way to the final encounter, and then my second weapon broke with the Dragon at 15 hit points. I literally had to punch it to death. Thank goodness for defense reducing spells. The scary thing is both my weapons were brand new when I stepped into the castle and I also used two stones to fix them along the way.

If this is a normal level run through I really don't want to see what very hard is going to be like.

2019-01-30 11:21:20

You have a chance at some pretty cool and helpful relics later on wink

But yeah, mage is pretty dang hard. My best try is 35/50.

2019-01-30 21:30:25 (edited by Dark 2019-01-30 21:31:43)

Wow, everyone's doing better than me thus far. I got to the castle, finally! defeated that bloody sorcerer, and then ended up dying to the hydra (well actually in a fight during the hydra battle), because my weapon broke at the wrong time.
What was frustrating, is I had two sharpening stones in my inventory,  I didn't realize the weapon was on its last legs.

I really hope some indication when weapons are about to break will be added soon, as it keeps getting me killed which is annoying!

I also have learned to only use mushrooms on either the screen before a major battle or during the fight itself, since I used two mushrooms one step away from a fight, took the step and got to the fight and had no good effects at all which was irritating.

Oh well, time to try again, I'll get there in the end big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-31 12:30:56

@92, good news, I've just added it! I'm trying to make the following improvements and then release an update:
1. Add breaking warning on weapon use buttons for screen readers (done)
2. Improve stat rendering so screen readers read them correctly, and they can be skipped easier
3. Improve layout with nav and header tags, to improve navigation

If all goes well I'll be able to release the update by the end of the week.

2019-01-31 14:36:26

That sounds great, weapon breakage seems to be my nemesis at the moment and headings would definitely make navigation faster.

Btw, still loving the game despite the deaths.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-31 16:17:56

Woo zweet!

2019-01-31 18:13:20

Looking forward to this, then you can let your imagination run wild! smile

2019-01-31 23:09:31

Where is it at? The link in the original post still seems not to be valid and there was no link in your last one.

2019-02-01 01:05:55

Link in the first post works fine here. I don't have the app store link though.

2019-02-01 01:53:56

here is the appstore link
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/path-of … 57468?mt=8

2019-02-01 06:09:50

Added the link to the ios version to the first post. Thanks 99.