2019-04-13 08:15:25

hey everybody.
I haven't been posting here because I know that most of you purchased the game on itch.io, but itch.io has problems with big files. Since the game has grown a lot, it is now bigger than 1GB and so the upload on itch.io is disabled as of right now. I'm trying to get in contact with them, but nobody is answering. I hope it's not because it's the weekend.

Anyways. On other platforms like Steam or Humble, you should be able to just download a new build and after that, it should be available. We don't have the ability to send out emails to people.

Please be aware that we are still heavily fixing the accessibility mode with the help of our blind players over at our Discord, so you might have to redownload a few more times.
We really tried to deliver the blind-friendly mode at launch this time, but there are definitely some ways that it still needs fixing,, like we weren't really able to playtest everything in this massive 10-hour gameplay update in the accessibility mode.
So there are parts where you might still get stuck. If you tell me you feel like there's a part that's not narrated correctly, then please tell me and I'll try to push a fix as soon as possible. I haven't slept anyways why start now. (awkward laugh)

We did push a new setting in the game, which is called the "expert blind mode". if you enable it, no content will be skipped anymore. We heard your pleads to enable all content in the game and this unlocks everything, but be aware that these parts are heavily visual and real-time action based. By holding down shift you can at all times pause the game and then explore the surrounding area with your arrow keys. (hold them down to move a cursor on the map,  when you find something it'll tell you)

That's it for now. Back to fixing.

2019-04-13 10:30:14

coool been waiting for episode 3 so i could buy the game.

2019-04-13 12:19:38

actually.. if you bought the game through the accessible store page on our website, you should be able to download the new version. Please give us feedback where you might get stuck.

2019-04-13 15:04:18

I still have the link I received from humble Bundle when I purchased the game through Kickstarter. I was able to download the new version and will be checking out episodes 2 and 3 soon.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-13 15:08:31

great. we already have several blind players on our discord, telling us about their experience, but anybody is welcome to do the same: https://discord.gg/r3KGgkF

2019-04-13 15:16:49

I lost the link from where I bought the game and I don't remember from where I bought it. What do i do?

Don't care.

2019-04-13 15:26:29 (edited by defender 2019-04-13 15:26:52)

Maybe contact the audio games archive at agarchive.net and they can help host it?  They are well known and widely used by audiogames.net's database.

2019-04-13 15:26:52

I think I lost my link too. Is their a way to move the save from the old code 7 to the new one?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-04-13 16:21:07

any build of Code 7 is using the same savegame folder so your savegame should always be with you.

do you also not remember where you bought it?

2019-04-13 16:25:00

where do I find the save games folder? I think I bought it on your site.

2019-04-13 16:29:19

if you bought it on our site you should have a humbleblundle account where it is saved.

2019-04-13 16:38:29

can I move the save folder before I install the new one?

2019-04-13 16:43:08

you could but it's not "new" it just has more content so there's no need for that except if you wanted more than the three savegame slots.

2019-04-13 20:05:36

doesn't humble bundle give you a steam cd key? i've purchased some games from humble bundle and it gives me cd key to enter on steam.

2019-04-13 20:37:02

yes you also get a steam key

2019-04-13 20:37:32

steam is actually the best option right now, because i'm pushing updates there every couple of hours

2019-04-14 02:12:13

Hi.
What are the system requirements? Here the game it's so slow... I'm with an I7 prosessor and 12 gb of ram...

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2019-04-14 04:05:12 (edited by Chris 2019-04-14 04:06:58)

Do you update the version on Humble Bundle? I refuse to use Steam for a variety of reasons. DRM and the fact they seem to have no interest in making the platform more accessible for screen reader users are my top two.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-14 04:28:46

The game is updated there, I updated it

2019-04-14 09:14:25

yes, the game is kept up to date on Humble as well.. just not as often, because it takes forever to upload.
it's also available on itch.io now.

I added some new features yesterday where you can navigate through the output with the up and down arrows.

i'm not sure why some people here experience very slow gameplay. could it be because the sapi is so slow?
There are also some other factors that can slow the game down, for example, a slow harddrive. The game has to load all dialog audios from the harddrive every few seconds, so a slow harddrive will slow the game down.

2019-04-14 09:31:39

Isn't the sapy5, because I tried launching the game in regular mode.
The hard drive... I don't thing so, I can launch a lot of games with 0 problems, this is the first one I think.

2019-04-14 09:44:28

Well itch.io has files now.
While I never got emailed my updates I was able to get them manually.
Sadly due to stupid recapcha and its inability or rather the fact it seems overloaded a lot of the time I have never been able to complete anything that uses it.
For itch I was able to do a forgot password request to login then get the games and I am downloading the file right now.
I am looking forward to this one.
I look forward to the end of the game and the last 2 eps, keep it going.
This game sort of reminds me of tron.

2019-04-14 09:48:44

a game is not the same as any other game though. it uses different aspects of a machine and we definitely have to use a way bigger amount of hard drive output than most games, because of the number of dialog audio files, we're playing.
we've had another person report that their hard drive was showing a 100% workload for every dialog audio file.

what kind of harddrive do you use?

2019-04-14 09:49:54

@crashmaster we have no ability to send emails on any stores.

2019-04-14 10:32:09

One thing I'd like to see is the ability to play epesodes indevidually or rather the ability to play eps out of sequence, while I don't mind replaying eps, ep2 was really hard to complete with the cameras and other things and while I can play it again, I would really like to just continue the story, maybe on every ep, have what happens if you don't play ep0 and ask questions, if you have allready played epesode x you will know what you did.