2020-09-15 18:46:42

I mean, both for sure, but I think there's more people who have scattered menu knowledge for Odin Sphere than 13 Sentinels, so if possible, I'd prefer 13 Sentinels. I have a list of Japanese menus, but I don't know if it's complete or not.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-09-16 05:22:33

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Title Screen:
New Game (default position upon no previous save data)
Load Game
Classic Mode

After this you will be prompted to select a language
English (default position)
Japanese

After this you are in a room in which you can select to either pick up a book named Valkyrie or a cat named Socrates after which you can sit down in a chair. Valkyrie starts the game and should be indicated by a click as you walk right. Valkyrie is the left most click after that should be the cat Socrates after that should be the chair. If you walk all the way to the left of the screen you’ll be asked if you wish to return to title screen. Press circle to exit return to title screen.

Once you pick up Valkyrie and sit down in the chair the game begins with the tale of the character Gwendolyn.

Next is a cut scene. If you hit the options button you will posit and bring up a pause menu screen as follows.

Cancel (default)
Skip
Skip All

You can hit Circle to exit pause menu screen.

After the cut scene you are at the hub in your army stronghold, I think.
Here you can pause. There are tabs for skills, equipment, etc. but you cannot choose any of them at the moment.

The only thing available would be Options. Here is the layout.

Skills (default position)
Equipment
Retry
Home
Texts
Story
Options
System

So once at the hub, hit the options button, press up twice to highlight options. Hit X.

options Menu Screen
Game Settings (default)
Button Config
Display Settings
Manual

Game Settings Menu
Difficulty (default position)
*Set to Normal by default. Note: you cannot change the difficulty during the tutorial. Left once for easy and right once for hard, I assume.
Audio Output
* set to stereo by default, hit right once to set to mono if you’re nuts.
BGM Mode
* it’s a slider which is set to maximum volume. Tap left to lower accordingly.
SFX Volume
* Slider said to maximum volume, tap left to adjust
Voice Volume
*same/slider
Events Volume
*same/slider
Message Color
* options for changing the background of chat bubble during cut scenes, if you go all the way to the right it’s set to no chat bubbles and voice only
Initial Mix Category
* sets the category when starting alchemy from the item ring
*set to Mandragoras by default,
* directions to change from default position:
-left once for Other
-left twice for Equipment
-left 3 times for Materials
-left 4 times for Magic Potions
-hit left 5 times for Foods
-hit right once for Seeds
-right twice for Do Not Switch
Floor-Pass Settings
* pass through floors by pressing down arrow
* set to off by default, press right to turn on
Simple Map Display
* displays area map by pressing the right analog stick
* set to on by default, tap left to change to off
Voice language
* set to whatever was chosen at beginning of game by default, press left or right to change. Right is English, left is Japanese.
Restore to Default
* Press X to restore game settings to default values
Press circle to exit this menu at any time

Button Config
Attack
* by default, it’s set to square
Jump
* by default, it’s set to X
Skill
* by default, it’s set to circle
Guard
* by default it’s set to Hold Attack

Evade
* by default it’s set to R1
Absorb Phozons
* by default it’s set to hold R1
Release Phozons
* by default it’s set to hold both R1 and Attack
Item Ring
* by default sent to triangle
Skill List
* by default set to L1
Area Map
* by default set to touchpad
Restore to default
*press X to restore values in this screen to default
** you have to tap left or right to change the buttons. If you guys want the information for this let me know but if you don’t need to change button configuration, I do not recommend it. LOL.

Display Settings Menu
Radar (default position)
* set to display by default, tap right to not display
Mini Map
* set to display by default
Mini-gauge
* set to display all by default
EXP Gauge
* set to display by default
Intelli-Tips
*set to display by default
Fixed Camera
* set to off by default
Automatic zoom
* set to standard by default
* tap left for do not zoom, tap right for maximum zoom
Restore to default
* hit X to restore all values on screen to default
Hit circle to exit at any time

Manual
Hit X to display a digital version of the manual for the game

If you guys have any questions as to what any of these do, I can try messing around and let you know. I’ll be posting more updates as I play.
If there is anything specific, please let me know.
I can’t see very well when there is movement or a ton of shit going on on the screen but I can read menus.

Don’t think these will be of much help except for maybe lowering the BGM.
Apologies for any typos, errors and sorry if all this has already been covered.

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil

2020-09-16 05:35:02

Wow, thanks! The book area always gave me trouble. Wonder how useful the pass through floors option is.

2020-09-16 05:40:26

Also own Dragons Crown Pro on PS4. Because I can read the menus and because I had a friend who helped out during the segments in which you have to place certain stones in a certain order in a couple of stages, I was able to beat this game once.

I can help with menus for this game but it’s a little tricky because of all the loot you get from playing. Not sure if there is some sort of design during the loot sorting screen after a quest that could be exploited somehow.

If I’m not mistaken once you beat the game in its entirety once, you can start new characters at higher levels and just assign skill points and you do not have to place stones in order for any of the levels… I think.

Anyway this is one of my favorite games of all time and it’s something I find I can play endlessly. I grew up with beat em ups and RPGs so this is a very cherished genre for me.

I have a few fully cited friends who are usually up for playing this game so if anybody wants to party up and beat it just reach out to me on PSN. It’s not perfect but we may be able to help with the sorting of loot and stuff somehow if we party up?

But whatever you guys need with dragons crown, let me know and I’ll try to help as best I can.

Love Vanillaware and as a low vision Gamer, it’s extremely frustrating that their games tend to come so close to being totally blind accessible But there’s always something. So always happy to help with dragons crown, Oden’s fear and to whatever extent I can with the upcoming 13 Sentinels.

I may not always be able to reply quickly because I am in school but please feel free to harass me with no shame if it seems like I’m ghosting. My twitter is @mostlyblind. Or you can always add and harass me on PSN. LOL. Hope I can be of help.

2020-09-16 06:23:57

Just wanted to mention here, in case it wasn’t previously, after the initial tutorial you were given the option of choosing difficulty. I’m already passed the screen but I think by default it’s set to normal. So if you press up you choose easy, press down you choose hard. Remember you can always change this later in the options menu.

After that it will ask you to create a save. You can just hit X through all of this.

I did a quick Google search and found a character guide for Gwendolyn which includes written directions for the hidden skills among a bunch of other useful tips. Not sure how helpful the directions to the hidden skills will be.

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/1643 … ations.htm

2020-09-16 06:25:38

I never got into Dragon's Crown, I didn't find it accessible enough unfortunately. But I might give it another try now that I know it's possible.. thanks for the menus man. I love it!

2020-09-16 06:50:23

Should I bother with the menus for equipment and skills for OS:L?
Or is there a resource for that already?

Dragons crown is tough, man. I just remembered you have to beat all the stages on your own before you can unlock online multiplayer. But I think this can be done. I recommend picking a player like the wizard who has crazy mobility and who has Area of attack abilities. I find it hard because of the fact that you can move deeper into the background or closer to the foreground when using melee characters. If I’m not mistaken, the wizard has certain attacks that track and others that damage an area which only gets larger as you level up. 

However you can set the game so that AI controlled allies join you which makes it easier.

Getting quest from the guild and purchasing items from the shops might be a little tricky but because the positions are always the same, I think, for the items and the quests are the same sequentially, I think it can be done.

But yeah it won’t be easy because you’ll have to know that you killed X amount of a certain type of enemy in a level. Which I can’t do so I would find myself repeating levels over and over to complete quests.

I think the biggest challenge is figuring out what loot you can keep and whether or not it is stronger than your current loot after each quest.

So yeah, I wouldn’t say it’s accessible but it may be doable. Especially with something like Parsec? Or share play?

I mean I have friends who are completely blind and they do stuff like stream and have their audience help them with certain things like inventory management.

Another challenge would be strengthening your abilities and skills but again this can be handled with a guide, for sure.

I’m going to install it and mess around and see if there are any design choices which leads to accidental accessibility regarding the issues I mentioned above

I think it won’t be easy and it probably involves quite a bit of help which I know is a turn off for a lot of people, including myself.

Let me take a closer look so I can speak better about how doable it is.

2020-09-16 07:00:30

Another thing regarding dragons crown would be using the right analog stick to click on treasure chest and to find hidden doors and loot throughout stages. I can’t see well enough to do this by sight so I would just go crazy moving the analog stick around everywhere and pushing it in in hopes of finding a crack in the wall or a treasure chest. I think you can get by with doing this.

Also with the way dragons crown is made, you end up going back to the same levels over and over and over again. After a while you start to develop a sense of where things are which helps.

When you are at the town you can press the touchpad so that you can fast travel to the item shop or the guild, for example.

But now I’m just excited and rambling. Give me a little bit of time to check out the game to speak on it better.

It’s my understanding though that was something like Parsec, and please correct me if I’m wrong here, you would be able to load up the game and set up a local multiplayer that someone else would be able to join remotely.

If that is the case and I’ll or someone else can have eyes on your screen, loot sorting and inventory management would be a breeze.

I know that sounds like a lot of bullshit but I just really wish more people could play this game.

2020-09-16 07:04:58

My brother says you need to manually direct food to your allies. I was going to pick up a copy of dragons crown for the vita so I didnt have to dig out my ps3, but the touch screen stuff makes me very hesitant. I wonder if there is an optimize button that equips your best gear like in squares games.

2020-09-16 07:13:43

I got it on ps3 and played it for about a week before I gave up, but if there's progress made I'd love to try it again. And I'd definitely like shops, equipment and skills menus for Odin Sphere. But one thing at a time!lol

2020-09-16 08:54:22

I’m trying to figure out how the skills menu is laid out in Odin Sphere but I find it confusing. It’s not a simple grid so far as I can tell. anybody have any tips or ideas regarding the layout?

I just finished the first area and boss. I forgot how much I love this game.

2020-09-16 17:17:35

Skills are a circular layout if I remember right, but I don't have enough of those yet to actually play around in that menu. lol

2020-09-18 17:36:42

Yeah, unfortunately the skill locations aren't really that helpful because they rely on a visual map, and the directions are just coordinates on the map. Too bad.

2020-09-25 17:29:21

@assault how far along are you in the game? The sphere or honeycomb skill grid is sort of confusing to navigate but I can figure out where the spots are for the skills you get upon completion of a level and post directions on how to get there so you can at least upgrade the skills you do have. If that would be of any help. There are also skills you unlock using ability points which you gain by leveling up. I can locate some of those on the sphere grid as well and make a note of it here. The hidden skills I have found have been by sheer luck so unfortunately I can’t be of much help with that.

2020-09-25 17:36:02

I'm guessing the ones you can unlock with ability points are passive skills... because so far as I know, the story has always been that there are only 3 special attack skills per chapter. I'm not far enough in the game, been stuck on 13 sentinels lately. Also realized that when you have a skill you can either upgrade or highlighted, it plays the click sound that also plays when an item can be picked up! At least, that's what I'm assuming.

2020-09-25 17:51:08

I might be wrong but not all of them are passive. I remember coming across one that allows you to glide faster which would be passive but I believe there was another one called shield bash which was active, for example. But the majority of the ones I’ve noticed are passive but quite useful such as increased damage when using multiple skills in one combo chain, increased damage for larger unbroken combo chains, and defensive boosts. using the PlayStation magnifier, I can see the cost of skill points to unlock as well as whether it’s active or passive.

2020-09-25 18:12:44

Interesting! Wonder where I got the idea that active skills were only obtainable through beating chapters.