2016-08-19 07:17:05

Hello, people! So, I've found this new mud, called Harshlands.
Its rp-enforced so you hopefully have to like rp to fully enjoy it. This game is really amazing, its based in a real world table top rpg, Harn world.
I'll list some features:
*advanced combat
*detailed crafting system
*If in war, conquer enemi churches or cities
*ability to farm
*Ability to join a city's garrison or one of the many mercenary companies.
I trully believe this game has a lot of potential, it just needs more players. So, hope you guys give it a try.

2016-08-19 07:30:50

One other thing. Triggers may be required to play the game, as sertain parts or places can get really spammy due to the way in which their
long description system works. If you have any questions, just ask here and I'll do my best to answer. This game really's everything that I've been
looking for. Staff there's friendly, same thing stands for other players. Not to mention that the rp, for the people who really are into it, is just
adicting.

2016-08-19 08:29:54

What is the connection info?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-08-19 13:46:59

lol
no connection info here

2016-08-19 14:47:48

mud.harshlands.net 5555
One other thing. When creating a character, check their web page, it contains lots of info that'll help you go through the character generation
process. http://www.harshlands.net/

2016-08-19 17:33:46

im not really into rp, but oh well , will try it soon
this one sounds great , though,

2016-08-19 17:43:27

You don't need to rp that much if you don't want to. One thing is that you'll have to write a background to play the game. Its just a basic one, no
need to get too detailed. I've posted about this mud in hopes of attracting new players, as I really think the game, codewize, is simply fantastic.

2016-08-20 02:42:45

ok, so does this mud has something like a newbie starting point where the game will teach you stuff? i found other mud i tried, empire, didn't really have that kindof thing and there help is kind of sucky. i mean, i don't mind asking, it's just annoying. alter has really good help system, and i wish more muds would have the same.

2016-08-20 04:44:04

Yes, they do. In fact, their whole starting area is designed to give your character some basic gear. One other thing, the mud is leveless and
classless.

2016-08-20 05:01:40

One thing I forgot to say is that you can even start the game with a house or farm land for your character.

2016-08-20 16:26:29

ugh, who knew i needed to fill out my backround, long desc, etc? now i might not get into the game because i suck at making stuff up when someone asks me for it. i can come up with a lot of stuff, but i cant work knowing that i'm going to be dgudged.

2016-08-20 18:29:25

Hello, Don't worry. The long description and background are just so staff knows you're willing to rp and to really try the game out. Neiter of them
need to be too big. If you want, I could try to help you.

2016-08-20 19:44:31

no, if i'm going to get into the game i will do it myself, but thanks for your help.

2016-08-20 20:13:01

hi,
i have question
what client with i can connect so?
well i have mush client,  asking me port i am typing 5555  and address are mud.harshlands.net
why asking me tcp address,  what does?
i have to type something?

2016-08-20 20:44:34

You're wellcome. I really hope you'll like it. What client do you use, by the way?

2016-08-20 21:12:47

Sounds greate, going to check it out! Even if I am not so good at rp big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2016-08-20 21:18:36

i am using mush-z client,  and it doesn't work

2016-08-20 21:42:14

Hi Caio! I think i will check it out. Can you find out if it is possible to login as guest without creating a character? It is a nice way to check out the general behaviour and feeling of a mud.

2016-08-21 01:53:51

Of course mush client works. And no, theres no way to login as a guest. And @luciana being not too good at rp isn't a bad thing, you just have to
practice. For me, rp is an art, a very wonderfull art.

2016-08-21 02:26:29

By the way, if anyone needs help with the game or just with the lore, just add me on skype. My skype is caioneutron

2016-08-21 03:36:25

@amerikranian, Empire has unusually lacking help and the newbie area isn't easy. That's by no means the standard for muds so I wouldn't worry that another mud would have that.

@revan, MushZ will not work for any other mud besides alteraeon, all the scripts and triggers and such are made for Alter not for other games. You will either have to disable half the features, or download a plane version of Mushclient and install a couple of necessary plugins like the screen reader speech one for it to work with other muds.

@caio, I did see the website for harshlands a while ago on whitestick.co.uk, however at that point it looked as if the game was far more a mush than a mud, ie, very very heavily based on rp in it's activities, not a game with quests or tasks to do or things you could get involved in that weren't related to other characters.
I'd be interested to know what activities there might be on the game if you aren't a fan of rp, who is there to fight against in combat if that is your thing, is there crafting? Is the "enemy" you mention in war just an rp thing fighting for your city or guild or whatever as in avalon or  are there npc invasions etc.

Also, i personally would prefer if the game had a few low spam modes etc since all that gag and trigger stuff is a bit much beyond me, and I'd prefer a mud that is accessible out of the box.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-08-21 03:50:49

First, there are yes a few randon invasions but your city or church has to be at war with another. There are alsso ambushes. If your character's
walking in the wilderness, he can be attacked by bears, wolves or gargun (goblins), etc. Their crafting system is too extencive, you use it to hunt,
to find your character's house, to build an outdoor shelter, among other things.
Its not a mush, not at all its just very rp-oriented. As for triggers, the admins themselves mentioned that most players use triggers in a daily basis

2016-08-21 03:54:54

As I said before, the mud really is heavilly rp-oriented, so there are ic and ooc boundaries.

2016-08-21 05:24:39

Hey,

I'm interested to see this mud mentioned here. I've known about it off and on for years, but never made much progress with it. I played an apprentice craftsman for a while, which was interesting. I think I just ran into the problem of few players, and so not a lot to do without RP.

The setting is super extensive, as it was originally created for tabletop gaming. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it again.

2016-08-21 05:44:23

@ázkline Thats exactly why I posted about it here, ázkline. I hope to be able to increase their player base. The admins really put a lot of effort in
that game. The only problem which I'm having is with setting triggers on mush client. Don't know the proper commands.