2016-07-29 01:16:03

Hello everyone,
We are proud to release our new game, offensive world!
You can get it here:
http://www.phantomcrafting.com/games.html
or a direct link:
http://www.phantomcrafting.com/games/of … _world.zip
Requirements.
A single core AMD running at 2.0 GHZ CPU at bare minimum, Intel preferred.
2 GB ram.
What is it?
Offensive world is a 2d style survival strategy game in which you must fortify a shelter to survive against raiders.
The download is about 15 mb, and the full extracted file is about 34 MB.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions you can post them here.
I hope you like it!

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2016-07-29 01:59:46

I'll try it

2016-07-29 02:57:05

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot, downloading...

2016-07-29 05:01:38

Hello guys,
New update. I fixed a bug in the learn game sounds menu.
The game should detect and download it for you.
It might take a bit to download. I should get around to making some way of having a smaller update file that can be downloaded...

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2016-07-29 05:15:16

this thing reminds me of Sammy Center's wallbreaker.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-07-29 05:34:08

Yeah, wallbreaker did inspire this creation in an interesting way.

---
---

2016-07-29 06:24:18

Hi phantom going to try this thing
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-07-29 13:45:15

Hi everyone,
New update. This enhances the learn game sounds menu.
Also, today I intend to create an installer version of this game. Please note, however, that the installed version might be several versions behind at times.
If you have the option, it's much better to go with the zipped version as it's more likely to be up to date.
I'll let you know when it's available for download.

---
---

2016-07-29 15:06:22

Hi phantom!
I haven't played the game yet but I have a suggestion for you.
can you add score posting system like oriol did in his game?
Thanks
ishan

2016-07-29 15:23:42

@Ishan: it depends if a score system would work for this type of game. Oriol adds score systems because they are arcade style games.

2016-07-29 15:32:12

Sam_Tupy wrote:

this thing reminds me of Sammy Center's wallbreaker.

please help sam. how can i get walls in this game? write please

2016-07-29 15:52:21

i'm going to try it when i'm done with manamon, maybe sooner.

2016-07-29 16:14:46

Hello everyone,
I'll answer some of your questions here.
A score system could be added, though for this type of game it won't really work.
@blindgamer, in this particular game you already have walls.
Your job is to upgrade/repair them.
Also, a setup version of the game has been created. You can get it from the site.
www.phantomcrafting.com/games.html
Thanks everyone for your feedback!

---
---

2016-07-29 16:25:10

PhantomCreation, i will try your game and i will send you my feedbacks later. anyway, good luck friend.

2016-07-29 17:46:26

You could simple have score posting for the number of minutes and seconds survived on a difficulty level. That's really all you need, I think.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-07-29 22:16:03

Hi all,
The game has been updated to include a built in help system.
Also, in regards to a score system, I would make it possible to post your scores, however I do not know any php or my SQL.
I will be willing to work with someone to make this a reality, however given you have the option to taunt people before you return back to the main menu after you die, I'm not entirely sure it's really necessary.
As I've stated, I'll be willing to work with someone, however be aware I have mostly 0 knowledge of my SQL or php.
Which is half the reason the auto updater usually works 90 percent of the time, however there's the 10 percent where I accidentally break it and the fun, really, really, really really begins.
Anyway, that's all. I hope you enjoy the new update!

---
---

2016-07-30 07:30:30

Hi phantom!
should I redownload a game to enjoy the update?
Thanks
Ishan

2016-07-30 16:32:33

Hi ishan,
No, you do not need to download the game again. You can if you want, however the update will be downloaded automatically.
Fun fact. It's faster if you download it directly as compared to downloading it through the game.
Over the next few days I intend to get to some awesome new difficulty settings and some unlockable... things.
I won't say yet, but I really do think you guys are gonna like the new update.
Anyway, I'll sign off for now.

---
---

2016-07-30 17:51:07

So I like the game  so far. but, got a question for the dev of this game, if you need any help with .php or mysql, I might be able to help. I do web development and if you want me to look over your stuff, especially for checking when the game updates and stuff like that, I might be able to help you manage that. PM me if you are willing to do this. If you want score posting, I'm not sure what programming language you are using for the game, but I know you got it talking with a .php script to check for updates. If you want, on your server, to make database management easier, install phpmyadmin. that is used for database creation and managing. Note, I have only used .php for web development stuff, but I'm willing to know more and get it to interact with more programs... Lol. as I said, if you need any help with development of .php scripts, let me know.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2016-07-30 18:38:50

no, amusingly enough I don't have the game talking to a php script.
Though yes, I do have it talking to my site for updates, just not a conventional method.
I'll pm you when I get a moment.

---
---

2016-08-08 12:37:33

also willing to help, I could just give you my score posting system I wrote. big_smile

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-08-09 03:28:04

Hi,
That would be awesome.
Thanks a bunch!
smile

---
---

2016-08-29 02:50:37

Some one asked, so I'll answer. There's a .bgt file in the zip file so I'd guess he's using BGT. Mostly confirmed because he notes in the readme file that the game is unrestonsive if JAWS is being used. A well known problem with BGT and why I eventually abandoned it.

Also, don't make the mistake I did and put the game inside the Program Files folder, it won't be able to save the update files because he save them in the same folder where the game is. As of Windows Vista and later, a poor programming practice.

2016-08-29 05:01:39

@figment,
I've checked the latest version both the executable and the zip version, and I do not see any .bgt file you speak of.
What bgt file is this?
Also. As for the downloaded updates in the executable version, I will have it send to the documents folder of your user, as I'm sure almost any app can access the directory there.
Sidenote. I wish portable apps/games were more universal...

---
---

2016-08-29 07:08:29

I took a look at the zip file again, the bgt file isn't there, so it must have been generated by the game, sorry for the mistake.

I never got to play the game because it automatically downloads the update, tells you where the file is, then exits. When I go looking for the update file where it says it is, there's nothing there!

I eventually gave up and deleted the game. From the description, it's not worth the hassle.