2015-05-19 19:49:43

As some of you may know, one of my hobbies, when I'm not working or doing things for university is programming.
I have coded several audiogames (games without graphics) which are mainly geared towards blind people like myself.
In the last few months, I have been working on a very big update to my most successful game, Beatstar. Beatstar is a musical game where the basic objective is to follow instructions to complete sets of music beats, letting the player buy more soundpacks as he/she progresses.

Now, Beatstar pro has arrived, and it is no longer just a musical game. I have included three minigames: A boxing game, a slots game and a football game.
Programming this project has been lots of fun, especially recording the various unlockable achievements. I am sure that many of you will enjoy it as much, if not more than I have enjoyed producing them.

Beatstar pro encourages you to donate 10 euros as a contribution, but since many of you cannot or do not want to donate, the free version has 0 restrictions. It has exactly the same features as the full version and the code and sounds are 0% different if you donate.

To get the game, please visit my games site at:
http://oriolgomez.com/en_games.php and look for the download link or the donation button.

Thank you!

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-05-19 19:52:46

Oriol ready. Just I donate 10 Euros.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-05-19 19:55:25

Hello,
I have also donated, looking forward to seeing the donator soundpack, although i'm guessing that will be sent manually at some point. For now, I'll play and have fun!

2015-05-19 20:00:19

Hello.
A doubt, I have to download from the link of the game in your page?
Or will I get another download link for donating.
greetings and thanks.

2015-05-19 20:10:06

Just downloaded the game. Is there any way to update the old game? Or do I have to start fresh from the beginning without all the packs I've already downloaded?

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-05-19 20:23:06

The donator soundpack will be sent manually, I need to process the payments manually thanks guys!

No, you can use your old beatstar file. When you donwload the game it still looks for a beatstar configuration file so if you didn't delete it, you'll still be able to play your old unlocked soundpacks.

2015-05-19 20:26:43

Thanks Oriol.
excellent game. greetings.

2015-05-19 20:26:44

Just out of curiocity, where is the beatstar configuration file located? I didn't delete it, but I installed pro in a different folder. Still shows all my coins, I just don't have access to all the packs I've bought, because I'm assuming it needs to be in the same location. Moving it now. thanks and will donate soon!

2015-05-19 20:34:33

Hi, great work on the update! there's a couple bugs I've noticed though.
First, level ensurance seems to be taking me to the first level, no matter what level I left off on. Also, if you hit I in a game, it keeps going with the game instead of you losing if you've said yess to ensurance
Finally,
with the pay attention achievement, the meu loop stops looping after it plays.
Keep up the good work.

2015-05-19 20:49:38

Awesome, getting it now. I'll be able to donate on the first of the month.
Great work!

Stevie-3

2015-05-19 21:01:26

haha, this actually motivates me to begin beat star again, sinse my other coppy of it got totaled along with my configuration file.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-05-19 21:09:40

i dont understand your problem with insurance.. can you explain please?

2015-05-19 21:27:55

One more question that I'm wondering about. what are reasons for soundpacks being in the store but not purchasable? I downloaded the rhythm heaven feever soundpack, but when I press enter on it in the shop I can't seem to buy it. the preview track plays, but nothing I do lets me buy the pack itself. But maybe I'm rushing... I'm struggling through the original rhythm heaven pack. Level 9 is so bloody fast... and it's hard to readjust after doing a slow track right before it! lol

2015-05-19 21:35:19

How do you score higher in boxing? Is it just not getting hit as much? Or is it getting lucky and not eing blocked as much? I'm not sure.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-05-19 22:01:43

Beatgasm! beatgasm! beatgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasm!

2015-05-19 22:04:10 (edited by ogomez92 2015-05-19 22:04:30)

Hi,
You score in boxing by punching and blocking. smile no random mechanism. The more you block and punch the more you score.

2015-05-19 22:15:46

Hello Oriol.
The game is great, I have 11 achievements so far.
One question, I donated for the game, as I get the achievement for donating the game?
greetings and thanks.

2015-05-19 22:22:29

Still wondering about the soundpack issue I mentioned above and I've tried restarting the game, redownloading the pack, nothing's worked as of yet. Loving the game otherwise though... still trying to beat my first pack. Rhythm heaven was much easier on the ds! lol

2015-05-19 22:29:16 (edited by ogomez92 2015-05-19 22:29:41)

what's wrong with the packs?? :S

Fabi if you want the donated achievement hit donate now instead of I have already donated.

2015-05-19 22:42:30

Hello
I do not understand Oriol.
Moreover, I have a problem.
I just opened the game, and I no longer had any achievement.
I even closed, and I opened them again, and again got the achievement to install the game.
any solution?
greetings and thanks.

2015-05-19 23:04:22

What? How can you not have any achievement? You didn't hit alt+r by mikstakes did you? That's a debug key i should have taken out to reset the achievements table.

2015-05-19 23:05:23

Thanks for a good work.
but I can't donate, because I don't have a paypal account. sorry. But this game is good.

2015-05-19 23:10:35

Hi!
This thing with pressing enter has one problem. I don't know, why You made It, but I can't buy one pack, which is only here. Do You try present, only one pack. This is a reason to keep some goodies here in the shop, or this is a bug?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-05-19 23:12:16

Hello Oriol.
I have not touched anything.
I went to download, and follow me past the same. Every time I close the game and I open it, I get again achievement for having installed the game.
So my effort is not saved in the game, I do not know why.
Even if you look at the scores table of the boxeo, hence my score appears that I got a couple of hours ago. But I now have no achievement.
Please help.

2015-05-19 23:43:47

Ok guys
For those having errors with buying and changing packs please download here and replace game.exe with this one
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2142080/game.exe