2015-05-21 04:01:31

RIP nate dogg!!!!!!!!    foe real?  foe sho.  the real professor please, stand up?       grrrrrrrr.   chyeeah.   this, is so,   hard!!!!!   and I don't mean heard to master or enjoy.   hard like hot!!!!!!!!!   devs!!!!!   good lookin out.   and for those who did sound packs,   chyeeah!!!!!!!!!!

2015-05-21 05:17:38

ok so qn.   what are safe gards and how do u use them?   what purpose do they serve?   thanks.

2015-05-21 06:07:08

Hello.
I have a question.
the Sounds packets downloaded  are in the same order in folder packs that in the game in the option change sounds packs?
regarts.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-05-21 06:31:42

Well, in one of the coolest moments I've had in awhile, I actually found my old beatstar.dat file, which I thought I had accidentally deleted. So now I don't need to go through all the hassle of unlocking all my soundpacks again. It was by luck that I stumbled across it, somehow I had moved it to my podcasts folder. Don't ask me why I wasn't paying attention, haha.
Now I have way, way more beatcoins than I think I'll ever need thanks to Beat Slots. In short, I'm loving pro so far, and I fully intend to make a donation in the near future.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-05-21 07:59:16

I haven't read all posts so I apologize if this has been brought up before.

Maybe it's just me, or do the sounds sound the same for the default soundpack for pinch me and shake me when in reverse mode.

Those two get me every time.

2015-05-21 14:17:58

Hello,
That' becasue the defaulkt pack is based on an iPhone game called smack me, and that game used the same sounds for hose actions, so oriol went for authenticity. It gets much, much easier when you get your first five thousand beatcoins, that's when the fun really begins because you can buy a hole ton of soundpacks. Remember to download them all first, and you can download as many as you want without spending anything. Downloading causes them to go into the shop, and from there, you can buy them. SO, to recap, downloading the soundpacks is like restocking the soundpack shop.

2015-05-21 14:54:24

@Ogomez92:
I definitely appreciate the time and effort you've put into this complex game, it's good to see things in essence catching up to the mainstream gaming scene.  However, I have a few things to run by you that I feel are very worthy of note for fixing/investigating in the infuriating insect department:

• The first and most important thing is pricing of the mini games.  10000 beatcoins, for some (myself included until I had a very fortunate brainwave that saved me from hours of pointless grinding) is a lot of beatcoins for some people.  I believe this should be lowered to 5000, the Beatball game to 7000 and the BeatBoxing game to 10000.  This would make the games far more affordable and provide the player with a choice of whether to buy a soundpack or the games, something that I feel is sorely needed here.

• The difficulty of beatboxing's final level is a gigantic leap from level 9.  I can consistently get to level 10, but level 10's AI, subjectively speaking, crosses the line between a good challenge and an impossible, rage enducing element that is pointless to even attempt.  If this could be scaled down to be more in line with the rest of the levels, maybe with a slight decrease in the enemy's health to compensate for the insane amount of blocking, that would be most appreciated.

• The volume of music used in packs (both menus and levels) is altered by the windows volume of beatstar.exe.  I've never seen this in any other application.  This means that any pack I make cannot be submitted due to quiet menus, quiet levels and apack creater that doesn't check the integrity of the pack (whether files like Win.ogg and fail.ogg are present for example, instead just compiling it anyway.

• Allowing different settings to be manually cleared - this includes the donation tracker (I pressed the don't donate button as I wasn't sure exactly what the donate button would do at the time), but I still wanted the achievement for clicking donate which I now can't get.  See scrolling battles for how this could be easily achieved.

I know these might be complicated to rectify, but as good as the game is, I really think that these bugs should be fixed first, as it would make the experience less frustrating and more like the game when it was first released - a more fun partially casual experience that makes grinding far less of a chore than it is now.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-05-21 15:09:26

Hi Sightless Kombat
1. The pricing of the mini games I feel is appropriate. It takes me about an hour to get 10 to 15k beatcoins by beating soundpacks, it shouldn't be that hard.

2. The difficulty of beatbox is ok. In fact I got to level 11. Yes, in level 10 it's a bit hard, but you can still block the attacks, try to pay attention. *smile*
3. I'm not sure what you mean about the volume? Why would you change the volume of beatstar.exe?
4. I'll make a clear achievements option. In fact there is one, press alt+r while you are getting an achievement *smile*

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-05-21 15:16:51

Hello,
I think your point just made me realized something, and I hadn't thought of this before. I now think the reason why the minigames are in the ten thousand range Is people might just end up buying the minigame without touching another soundpack, and I'm not sure that's a good idea. After all since the new version came out I've been playing more minigames than actual beatstar modes, yet the idea would be to unlock soundpacks, so I think Oriol has done that on purpose for new players so that they will move toward buying a soundpack, and a lot of the packs reward more coins than the default smack me pack, which would make it easier to get the minigames.

2015-05-21 15:17:15

This is fashion audiogamer!
Since leaving that February 19 that I got addicted to BeatStar, and increasingly often, and the day that came BeatStar Pro, three months later, May 19, how about?
Excellent Oriol, and now you want to make a couple of suggestions, and a curiosity that I have. In future updates this will automatically update as previous versions were updated?
I mean, because on one hand we had to download the BeatStar pro, and the updater from the previous version did not detect it, and because your website does not appear the BeatStar patch errors corrected.
And I suggest, as they say around here, both in the Beatboxin and BeatBall the match when pressed escape, return to the main menu like any BeatStar mode, keeping the coins won or lost.
I discovered something else, I do not know if it's a bug or purposely, with game.exe update, when I go to buy a package, NVDA and sapi say a number by pressing enter. How useful would it?
Oh, and I congratulate you because I got hooked on the story and BeatBall with everything! Apart from superfootball and another that left Japanese whose name I no longer remember, it is the first football I had a chance to play in Spanish!
Well, Answer me these questions about automatic updates and bug fixes to further develop because it is really still the most successful game, not only your responsibility, also among many audiogames of those played today!
Ah, to see those soundpacks!

2015-05-21 15:29:18

@Ogomez92:
Thanks for your response.  I changed the volume of Beatstar.exe as when the everything from when the game loads, to the menu sounds and music, is far too loud and overpowers NVDA.

As for beatbox, I have tried and failed to beat level 10 and wonder if you are using a debug mode of some kind - the damage scaling seems really off.  My blocks don't seem to have an impact on the computer at all, which makes sense.  But if I ever try to make a move on the AI and get hits in, I get crushed (even while putting up a solid offense.)

As for achievements, I'll have to see if I can get another one to clear the achievement cash, which is trickier than it sounds with a lot of the packs.  Beating 10?  Does that mean 10 different packs?  I can only seem to get 7 sounds on beatstar memory as well which is annoying as all hell. big_smile

Thanks for considering what I've said though, I look forward to hopefully seeing improvements and updates to the game in the future.

@aaron:
Your idea makes sense - I get that, I just think that 15k and 12k is a little much considering a lot of packs are really tricky and not as coin lucrative as others.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-05-21 16:03:29

Hi,
first, I think the costs for the minigames are perfectly fine. I maybe played oneand a half hour yesterday and already purchased two of them, along with a new soundpack. And the game should be about the packs and playing, not to set a record for being the first one to unlock everything. At least that's how it is for me. But even if you want the minigames as fast as possible for some reason, it shouldn't take that long to get the coins for them.
I have another suggestion. Since you put all the songs of the football teams into the game, it would be cool to get a song as a prize if you win with your team, but only then. So, if the other team wins you would hear their song at the end of the game too of course, but you wouldn't get the prize, only if you won. I know that the beatball game is random and it may take a while to get all the songs this way and I already can see the first people complain because they can't get every prize after 5 minutes of play, but for me the randomness of the game would be what makes it kind of fun when trying to get all the songs.
Well, that was quite a bit longer than intended and maybe I rambled a bit here, but you should get my point. big_smile

2015-05-21 16:48:43

Hello,
Another idea could be to copy the name and artist of the song to the clipboard in case you might want to buy it on iTunes or whatever.

2015-05-21 21:25:44

I can't make it to level 11 on beatbox.
it gets harder Every time, I try to pay attention When I'm blocking my punches, and then I get knocked out.
either way, I made it to level 10.

2015-05-21 23:25:38

Hello.
To my achievements are well sound packs
I have 19 achievements for now.
I can not win at level 10 of the boxing minigame.
I think there is much difference between the level 9 and 10 en dis minigame.
But I keep trying to beat him.
greetings.

2015-05-22 00:41:36

I was actually going to suggest the song unlockables as well, would be neat if you could listen to your already heard beatball songs

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2015-05-22 02:33:13

Guys, how close the beatvoxing? because I can not with any key if you want to close, I have to go to task manager.

2015-05-22 03:53:27

I just discovered a bug. If you have over a million beatcoins, it won't announce the number, it just says 1.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-05-22 10:57:37

TL,DR version: I beatbox, with luck on my side it seems.

Some context

In a recent post as you may or may not know, I had a fair amount to say about the new version of beat star in terms of possible refinements.  One such suggested refinement was to scale down the difficulty of the level 10 AI in Beatbox as it's potential to block far too much and output damage that exceed the player's by a similarly large margin was making it near impossible for anyone to beat it and claim the "champion boxer" achievement.

An UnBeatable challenge

That was what I thought when I loaded up the game earlier.  I wasn't sure how far I'd get, or if I'd even get to level 10 as I had before, or if I even wanted to (only to be frustrated by the AI).

A shocking battle

After breezing through the first few levels, crushing any opponent that stood in my way, part of me began to hope... began to think that maybe there was actually a chance of beating what is basically the final boss.  Although the game goes on for longer than 10 levels, even its creator has acknowledged that he can't get passed the one that follows it.

When I reached level 9 I was ready for a hard slog to the finish: to either live through to beat the next guy down, or to perish in the act of attempting it with the current foe.  However, after a furious flurry of fists, the Level 9 opponent lay sprawled across the floor with bruises and blood covering his body.

The real clincher

Now, I thought to myself, comes the moment where I either screw up the game, or I triumph at it.  Round one seemed to go similarly to the other Level 10 first rounds I'd gone through - the computer pummelling me within an inch of my proverbial health bar.  Then, in a sudden blur of motion, my fighter came back to claim the round with a double-fisted blow to the nose of the large enemy, knocking him out cold.

My rationale was still one of keeping calm and trying to carry on as best I could, as for all I knew I'd get hammered into the ground by the revived assassin.  However...

The end was in sight

Had I known what would come next I might have thought a little differently.  But maybe not being aware of future events is a good thing in this case.  I fought hard to get hits in during the opening of round 2, but realised that the opponent had regained consciousness with a vigorous streak in him.  Close to the point of death, my fighter charged in, delivering a series of desperate but brutal punches.  Eventually, one that the enemy couldn't see coming brought him crashing to the ground in a hail of dirt and his broken teeth.  my fighter had achieved what he had not originally set out to do at the beginning of the tournament: claim his rightful place as champion.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-05-22 17:40:51

Hi oriol, I have probably another bug. In random mode I don't get the freeze me sound e. g. I still have to press some keys, it doesn't play the a1 file.

check out my instrumental music at http://ondrosik.bandcamp.com

2015-05-22 21:59:41

Hi oriol. I love beatstar pro so far, i will give you some feedback as well.
First, beat box:
I did get to level 11 once, and i can't beleave that i did. Well, it was kind of cheeting, because i pressed u and j and when i herd a punch come in, i tried to block it with the other keys. But i did it somehow!
Beatcoins and glitches:
As someone said, getting a million beatcoins makes the game say 1, as if you just have 1 beatcoin. My friend played beat slots a lot, and he somehow made it glitch in a way that i never would anticipate. It sometimes said: You have won: Beatcoins. And, what do you know? He lost some. It works the other way around. He made it up to 246 milion this way. I am still struggling in the 6 millions, but i will make it there eventually.
I also want to say that i have a new soundpack coming out. If anyone wants to know, what it's about, it's a classic troopanumm pack. It has some weird stuff in the pre level sounds, and my microphone, witch, by the way, sounds crap. Anyway, i will post the linmk to that later on in this topic, because it's related to beatstar pro.
So, i hope you've enjoied my rant, and oriol, keep up the good work!

2015-05-23 06:02:30

Hi guys
Ok .. well I might consider changing the AI of level 10 boxing.
ONe thing.. guys, how can you get so many beatcoins this is outrageous. lol
I will add million sound files, but I'm  a bit hesitant as no one should be able to get so many beatcoins... makes me want to price soundpacks at 50000 instead of 5000.... hehh

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-05-23 07:08:40

Hello Oriol.
You could put that in the football minigame we choose the team?
Greetings and thanks.

2015-05-23 10:00:17

Hi.

Well I've tried the game finally, and I definitely like, indeed I went to the buy button on the site and donated the 10 euroes, though weerdly wneough even though I downloaded the  game from the link I got after returning from paying I don't see any donator achievement but hay, I didn't donate to get stuff, also I haven't seen the achievement that is supposed to pop up for starting the game five times though I am fairly sure I must've done.

I have unlocked slots and several other achievements and am working to unlock the other minigames, I definitely like the reverse and  this, though I'm certainly far from the millions mark big_smile.

I particularly like how the get achievement messages can be heard again, that was one thing that always got up my nose slightly with Judgement day sinse I thought the trophy messages were fun, though I do hope you plan to add more achievements for things like beating numbers of soundpacks, getting a number of right hits or beatcoins, playing various games etc, sinse achievements are cool!

Also, as a miner suggestion, the menu  is getting a bit large and so while it's a miner thing, perhaps some menu hotkeys for things like "learn game sounds" and "download a soundpack" could be helpful (when grabbing a bunch of new packs I do find arrowing down to "download" over and over again can be a bit waring on the fingers).

Definitely worth the 10 euroes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-05-23 10:43:11

OK, but this, that I can't buy one sound pack, which is awaylable I don't know, this is a bug or what.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.