2020-07-04 17:57:14

Hi:

I know this topic is mostly dead, but I have a question.

I'm playing on the stable version of Braillemon, which I've heard is quite buggy. Can anyone list the bugs and their workarounds, so the info is in one place and not scattered around the many, many pages of the topic? Thanks.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-07-05 00:22:41

There's a hole in Silph Co HQ that leads nowhere, so don't fall into it.
In Viridian stadium, I believe you need to approach Giovanni from a certain direction. If you choose the wrong one, code error.
After getting to the place where you need to show the keys to progress, the game will say "road 8".
When you get there, never save the game!
The game will say that it was saved, but after reloading it, you will be in a building either with no exit or an inaccessible one.
The only think you can do to save your progress from that point on, is to somehow go through the ascendance path without saving at all, then fly back somewhere and save the game there.
If a marowak appears, either run away or kill it as fast as possible. If it uses torment, you're screwed. A code error will pop up and you have to start over.
And worse, if you saved the game despite my caution, you will need to start the game from the beginning unles you backed up the save files.
During a sandstorm, when you kill a monster, never opt to switch your monster! Otherwise, a code error will ruin your day.
The house where, in sighted games, you're supposed to get a tm for a pokedoll, whoever you approach, gives nothing more than a code error.
Other crashes can happen randomly, so in truth, it's not a stable build at all.

2020-07-05 04:08:37

Victory Road can be completed normally on the test version, which is called 1400 old version if you downloaded the .zip file that I posted. If you're on the stable version, move your save to the unstable or test version, then complete victory road. After that, you can go back to the stable version. In my opinion, the test version has less bugs than the stable version.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-07-05 10:49:19

@boy, you can complete the whole game.
and, i hate the bugs in this game, i wish that this game would have been completed.
except catching all of 251 pokes, you can do almost everything in the game, wish i could catch mu after completing the game, but, the only way i caught it was by triggering the random mode, and until i got it as a starter, i kept reloading and exiting, it was very annoying to do that, at least for me.

2020-07-05 17:16:56

The fact that this topic is still alive and people are still struggling through the game's instability really shows the love for Pokemon in this community. Someone should get their hands on this one and make something amazing with it, wish I had the skills.

2020-07-05 17:28:44

as i and someone said earlier
if the author open sources it, that would be awesome
imagin if 8 varients were made out of this game, each one with a generation, and replacing the soundtracks and the 8bit sound effects like pokemon and attacks, and upgrading to the updated version of the cries, and so onn, and so on and so onn

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2020-07-05 17:59:53

I'm now in Victory Road and, uh, I guess I just need to level my Pokemon? The trainers are using level 47's, and my whole team is 37/39. Also when it says "push against the boulder to move it", does that mean approach the boulder and press enter?

2020-07-05 19:40:23

If you didn't use the crobar yet, then, yeah.

2020-07-05 23:23:19

The crobar? I think you're getting Pokemon and Manamon confused. In Manamon, you use the crobar to move loggs. In Pokemon, you have to teach one of them a move called Strength, which is used to push boulders.

2020-07-06 19:20:37

twins look at the twins. oh brother!

2020-07-06 19:26:04

hey @boy. i sent you a pm. if you answer tell me in your next post

2020-07-07 19:58:26

@boy when you get a dialog called do you want to use strength?after pressing enter, say yes.
then, approach the bolder simply, and then push it by bumping into it--i know, it's the most tricky thing to do.
and, level, up, i think up to lvl 55 or 60

2020-07-10 20:02:56

But it's very difficult to grind to such a level.
The wild mons are weak. Only tamers actually give some exp but after they are all defeated, that's all.

2020-07-13 04:10:12 (edited by daigonite 2020-07-13 04:10:26)

The game is really not stable at all, its just that the "stable" version is *more stable*. I built it when i was really inexperienced with code. I haven't found the source code but I will upload it to my site if I can find it. Also, the versions of Braillemon on my site should be the most up to date versions.

Noticed some people were struggling to reach out to me and my twitter got banned over an elon musk tweet so here is my current contact info again:

twitter: https://twitter.com/punishedFelix
discord: roger#1979
you can also email me through the forum email function i think but it might take a while for me to notice.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2020-07-13 15:34:17

@daganighte
do you have facebook or teemtalk?
because i don't have twiter

2020-07-14 12:34:04

Hmm, One thing which I would like to see is we can move our mons in the battle up down, left right. When we press space, we are able to select an attack. As for flying Pokemons, page up and down keys should be able to take them up and down. I think that will be needing a lot of experience although I am fine with this style too, that was only my suggestion if its possible...

2020-07-14 15:52:12

Where I can get beta?

meow meow.

2020-07-14 16:20:19

@1994 Should probably finish fixing the game before turning it into a different game. Pokemon Red didn't do those things in battle.
@1995 the link is in post 1

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-08-06 00:59:42

I heard that you can breed Pokemon in this game. If you can, how do you do it? According to google, it says you need to find a Ditto and leave it with the Pokemon you want to breed at the daycare center. Ditto isn't even in the pokedex yet so I don't know wear to find it, and when I drop off the Pokemon I want to breed at the daycare center it says:
(name of Pokemon) is doing fine.

2020-08-09 02:32:43 (edited by boy 2020-08-09 04:21:07)

Right, I figured it out. Note: do! Not! Leave multiple Pokemon at the daycare center or you'll get a code error.
1: leave a Pokemon at the daycare center (this being the one you want to breed.
2: go someware else then come back.
3: after walking, talk to the person. He will give you a Pokemon egg.
4: keep walking, and eventually the egg will hatch. Or at least I think that's what will happen...
OK, after experimenting, it seems like either this feature is bugged or it doesn't work. I read some posts saying that people were able to hatch eggs containing Magicarp and Eevee. Maybe it only works for Magicarp and Eevee. I left a level 25 Hitmonchan at the daycare center, but a lot of websites say that I need a Ditto to get it to level 1. So, I caught a Ditto and left it there in addition to the level 26 Hitmonchan. I took two steps and...

of Alarm Event for alarm 3
for object Player:

Unable to find any instance for object index '166' name 'eggLoad'
at gml_Script_egg_generate
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_egg_generate (line 0)
gml_Object_Player_Alarm_3

2020-08-09 04:48:22

Just completed the run for Professor Oak. WHat should I do  now?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-08-09 05:00:17

If you mean the first part wear you have to deliver the parcel, go to Varidian City and buy some Pokeballs if you want. I'd say catch at least one more Pokemon for your team, then go to Varidian Forest. Varidian Forest is how you get to the next gym. Remember, you'll have to switch your save file a lot between the two versions if you're planning to play this game. Also if you need a guide, I included a text guide for the sighted versions if you downloaded the game from Dropbox that I posted a lot of times and you can find an audio playthrough of the sighted games divided into 40 different parts here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsIzZxepYGs

2021-04-24 20:15:54

Does anyone know how to change voice profiles for GameMaker? I have to use Windows 10 right now and don't like David. Changed the default in Narrator but when GameMaker starts up it still uses David. Thanks!

2021-04-24 20:38:35

I meen, this thingy is geting old, is it not? so you should not, like, revive old stuf

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-24 20:52:18

Plenty of people still like it, you don't have to participate if you don't want to. If anyone can answer my question it would be much appreciated.