2020-01-28 00:42:54

can I have some help?
---------------------------
GameMaker: Studio: BRAILLEMON1400.exe - Bad Image
C:\Users\user11\Downloads\Compressed\braillemon_test\MSVCP100.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000035a.
OK   

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-01-28 01:52:52

Guys, lay off the dev a little here. The game's basically been dead for years now, of corse it'll have issues, no need to be a dick.

2020-01-28 07:45:40

Honestly, i was really amused with the built in randomizer that was in one of these. It's kind of terrifying how powerful gymleaders are and other major fights as the randomized pokemon tends to have tm's taught to it. Seeing brock with an lv 13 Lugia using thunder was fun.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-02-29 05:03:51 (edited by daigonite 2020-02-29 18:54:27)

Hey sorry for not responding. I know Gaki probably won't see this but that is some sort of issue with your operating system. MSVCP100.dll is a debugging library because the TTS engine that braillemon uses needs it because it was compiled as debug and I didn't know how to fix it. LOL. but yeah.

I don't have the source code for that so I couldn't fix it, but maybe see if you can find a version of the DLL that works (and maybe the others). I'm pretty sure I Was still able to play braillemon so it might be a setting issue.

Also, there is no problem in reviving an old game thread to try to address some issue in the game. I have discontinued development though since 2016 and I'm aware that its not a very good game, it was my first game ever. But hey, its a free pokemon game if you can get it working lol.

I'm going to be uploading these onto a blog I'm building out so there is a permanent link instead of relying on my ancient dropbox account. I'm going to try to get the EXE's working in windows 10 and if that works I'll upload em.

EDIT: I've verified that the EXEs can run under Windows 10 and updated the download links so you don't have to go through dropbox anymore. It's a direct download.

I'm sorry for falling behind on this everyone, but this will make it so that Braillemon is permanently part of my blog's repository, so you don't have to worry about any dropbox crap.

Here are the links for convenience:

Stable, old version: https://labadore64.gitlab.io/cartograph … stable.zip

Unstable beta version: https://labadore64.gitlab.io/cartograph … stable.zip

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2020-06-06 23:22:00

hello braille monners.
i have found a bug
the game saves, but won't reload
the new game starts well, but when i want to load
if you can here this, your text to speech software is working. press space barr or enter to continue.
braille monn,  pokemon port for blind and visually impared. press enter...
main menu is now opened. and the music is playing
the new game thing works just fine. but when i click on the load game option.
load game
i start hearing 2 beeps and then. desctop list, braillemon1400.exe shortcutand that's the bug.
thanks for replying and sorry for making it a tellable story
and yes, the version is 1.4 stable, from dragonight's status
thanks again

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2020-06-07 00:06:05

@daigonite couldn't you open source that project?
Its death anyways and i was thinging of modding it and making sort of pokemon essentials but for blind people outoff it so you can make your own pokemon styled games.
I thing it wouldn't work out really well since bm is build using gamemaker studio which as far as i know is inaccessible, unless the thing builds some kind of text files/human readable code we could edit.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-06-08 06:01:12 (edited by daigonite 2020-07-13 04:06:01)

@Stasp - I'll try to find the source code and slap it on my website but its from an old version of game maker so I can't make any guarantees. Yeah I know it sucks but I think I might have something in my old dropbox folder in one of my backup folders or something.

BTW I would recommend anyone who wants to ask me directly questions about braillemon to just DM me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/punishedFelix) someone hit me up there and it made me realize its a way better way to get in contact with me. I do NOT update the game anymore and I dont even know where the source code is as I write this but I'll make a genuine effort to look for it at least for archival's sake. It will be probably faster that way anyways because I respond pretty quickly to Dms.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2020-06-08 10:13:41

hi. there is another bug. wen you enter in the senebar jim with the test version it gives me an error and closes.

2020-06-08 10:23:33

Try doing that wit hthe unstable version. that should fix the problem. At least, it did for me. if you said you tried this with the test version and by that i assume you do reffer to the unstable version and it didn't work... well then, I can't remember what i did right.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2020-06-08 11:13:39

Im waiting for other ports, maybe with newest manamon, and nawigational sounds like in manamon?

meow meow.

2020-06-08 12:06:07 (edited by arceus 2020-06-08 12:12:14)

@1963, this  can't be made like the manamon game since it's written in another language, and manamon can't be imported in it because it's theme is actually pokemon, not manamon.
I'd actually love if people will stop including manamon and being all manamon around when talking about pokemon games. I agree when people compare these two, but these are two different things alltogether. Before saying that the game isn't bad and jumping dirrectly to  maibe put manamon in it? Try getting some pokemon documentation or play some pokemon games in the first place.
The sounds aren't bad, either, and if I remember many are from the original pokemon red and blue game, so no sense in complaining, please. I actually appreciate the dev a lot for making this and giving us the oportunity to play a pokemon game like the original. No matter how buggy this game is, I personally will hold it with big praise in my heart.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2020-06-08 12:35:12

Yes, the test version works for the sinabar gym. Now, I managed to make it to victory road. Every time I encounter a certain type of Pokemon, the game gives me a code error. It also doesn't say what Pokemon it is, just displays the error message as soon as the song starts playing. It only happens with that one Pokemon, not all of them. I was able to move the first boulder on to one of the pressure plates, but couldn't move the second one because that's when the error happened. Also, are you supposed to only be able to complete Victory Road in the test version? In the stable version, you get a code error when getting passed one of the gates, and if you save wear the gates are and reload you end up on a map that plays the wall sound constantly and doesn't let you move or do anything, just waits.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-06-08 12:57:41

That's what happens with my save  too. I could never get past that point.

2020-06-08 13:58:24 (edited by ficho 2020-06-08 13:58:58)

I will trai the test one. something elce. I was switching between the stable version and the test one. can that do something with the game?

2020-06-08 16:24:25

only nawigational sounds from manamon.

meow meow.

2020-06-08 18:20:53 (edited by E-t-i-eloquence 2020-06-08 18:32:53)

@dagonight:
i don't have tweeter, and when i want to create an account it says you broke the rules and shows me the recaptcha thingy
so i should just contact you in the forum

2020-06-12 13:59:32

and yeah, just opensource it so we can modefy it and fix bugs and so onn. you descontinued the thing, and there're still bugs to scwash, so yeah, please opensource it, and thanks

2020-06-12 14:30:39

If I play this now, will I be able to get true the game?

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-06-12 14:44:24

nah dont think so, the game is to buggy and not wirth it sadly

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-06-12 18:53:24

Some people on here said they finished it, so I don't understand how they got through Victory Road.

2020-06-12 19:30:09

Thought the only thing not working was HM Strength to move a boulder in the way. But, getting past it in an older version where HM Strength works and then going back to last version would let you finish, iirc.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-06-12 23:38:53

Strength works, just press enter on the boulder. Don't go into the Pokemon menu to use it, that gives you an error.

2020-06-13 16:00:30

well. i have a question. does the version from agarchive end in bill's house? if not, where do i go after that. thanks

2020-06-13 18:46:11

That version is out of date, find the latest version here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg25obe74pzl8 … 0.zip?dl=0
There is also a guide for the sighted versions, which should help you get to victory road wear the game seems to end.

2020-06-13 23:45:11

hmm, why 108 mb? seems like to braille monns are in 1 archive. or is that what people call the test version?