2006-12-18 16:18:54

I've got a trophie i Number Guess. I don't remember the game. But my score in that level is 17... god luck

2006-12-18 16:30:08

I wondered what that was. I spent a while playing JD yesterday morning and managed to get quite a few trophies. I got the Close Call, Total Loser, Rocket Blaster, Rocket Blaster Plus, Super Paratrooper, Sticky Fingers and Supe Sticky Fingers trophies. There might be a few more but I can't remember. I also got Living with Liam and 99 Bottles of Beer.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-12-18 16:57:51

ok.  a couple things.

As for the trophy file.  It will not work on other machines.  the game keys it to your specific computer.
I forgot to fix the bug with pausing the game.  ah well.
Weapon search has three asociated trophies.
parachute jump has two.  the second is kind of hard to get.
part of the challenge of the game is unlocking your own secrets and finding them.  I'm glad to see people are finding secrets and such. 
cheats are generated after 10 trophies.  there are two trophies that can be unlocked with cheats.
there are 40 trophies in total.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-12-18 17:24:04

Figured as much about the trophy file.  I mean, it's just not that difficult to find if you know what you're doing, so we can't have folks exchanging data files to unlock content, now can we?

I did manage to get one trophy from Weapon Search.  Here's a hint... It's very hard to get...most of the time!

As for the cheat code trophies, I have both of them.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

To get these trophies, activate any cheat(s) then play the game.  When all is said and done, you'll have one of the trophies and should have a good idea how to get the other one.

BTW Liam, I think one of the coolest sounds in the game is the constant sound the satellite makes.  How'd you make that one up or where did you get it?  Were it not for the fact that it is being made by a device owned by an evil being, I would say it sounds...pretty.

2006-12-18 21:01:31

i absolutely love the 99 bottles of beer one! worlees or however you spell that is great too. I've currently got one in rocket rage, one in parachute jump, one in weapon search and two in number guess. i now have 27 trophies, and am very stuck at ideas for new trophies.

2006-12-19 00:29:52

okay cool! I now have 2 trofies. now I need more of them. Anyone has any good ideas on how to get more?

2006-12-19 02:00:08

Update. Got the Bored to Death Trophy and th Great Number Guesser trophy. Finally unlocked the secet weapon. Haven't experimented with it yet though.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-12-19 04:15:49

can someone send me the jd cheats to my email? [email protected] because after getting the cheat code trofie, the game had problembs creating the cheat txt file.

2006-12-19 14:38:47

I seriously don't know if that'll work. Unless you yourself have a file YOU unlocked, it won't work, even if you know the codes. Believe me, I tried that with SL.

2006-12-19 16:31:12

Can someone tell me how to get many points in parachute jump? I don't understand how to do it. The first time I was playing it, I got 311 points. But right now, I never get more than 290 points. Are there some tricks?

2006-12-19 17:36:25

S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

Here's how Parachute Jump works.  There are packs of supplies that you can pick up.  There are also enemy craft or something.  When you hear a tiny bleeping noise, that's a pack of supplies.  To get it, center it in your speakers or headphones.  You must have it exactly correct.  Even one arrow press off and you'll miss it.  If you take it, you'll hear a sort of cash register like noise.  If you miss it, it will start to get lower in pitch.  Once that has happened you can't go back and get it.  Each one of these gets you ten points.  The more of them you grab, the heavier you are so the faster you fall.
Now there are the enemy craft, or something.  They sound like some type of equipment.  Unlike the supply packs, you do not want them centered when you approach!  Hit one of these and the game is over!  What I find works best is to wait for it to get relatively close, then hold down the left or right arrow to move out of its way.  If one arrow doesn't move you enough, quickly hold the other one down!  Sometimes you have to miss a supply pack to avoid an enemy, and you have to sometimes decide whether to take a chance on hitting an enemy in order to grab a nearby supply pack, or give up the supply pack in order to stay out of harm's way.
Each game is random.  There will be a random assortment of supply packs and enemies throughout the game.  Near the end there seems to always be a bunch of enemies, right in a row, then silence.  Then, you hear something start beeping, not a supply pack, but something different.  This is the landing pad.  Miss this and you're toast!  Center it in your speakers, then just sit there, hold your breath, wait, and pray to God you've got it centered.  You'll know either way.  If you missed it, you'll hear the noise from when you hit an enemy.  If you did it right, you'll land then start walking on a metal surface.  In either event, the game is over.

2006-12-19 18:56:48

Well I know all that. But I never get more than 280 or something. It is really boaring

2006-12-19 20:05:42

Tell me about it. I want that second trophy!

2006-12-20 03:11:19

Managed to get both, don't know how lol. Just played through it like hell and managed it. Jason... nice opinion of the satelite sound... it does sound pretty, doesn't it? Sorta dreamy... sleepy... lol grin. Here's a trofie to try and get...

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

Two trofies, actually. Metal Marine. Beat heard. Never managed that yet. heh.

Self-distruct. Don't commit suicide, get the trofie! When the game first starts, after your general tells you to stay sharp, press backspace for a good sequence of sounds and a good trofie!

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-12-21 07:37:22

Ok I give up...
Anybody know how to get the second trophy in Parachute Jump or the other trophies in Weapon Search?  If you want to Email me privately, just use the Email link above this message, that should work.  I can also privately tell you which trophy I got in Weapon Search and how to get it.
It's funny, while info about how to get trophies can certainly be spoiled, sometimes it's much easier said than done, and you certainly can't spoil the funny messages people hear when they do something that's worth a trophy.

2006-12-21 18:32:30

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
bla
the weapon search trophy i got was i think 15 or so weapons. yesterday i got another one, the super sticky fingers, which needs like 30 weapons. I'm also having trouble with the parachute jump one. if anyone can help me with this one trophy i would appriciate it. my friend got it but didn't know how.

2006-12-21 21:03:10

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

Well... In parachute jump there are no tricks. You will just have to play until you get them bought. To get the second I think you will have to get more than 310 points.
In weapon searh. Try to complete the game without picking up weapons. That will migt help

2006-12-21 21:57:39

Hello Gamers, Its John. I downloaded the demo of judgement day and I enjoyed the first 4 levels. But I sent in an order on december 17, and it is now december 21, and I still haven't received my unlock code. I e-mailed sales at l-works and Liam andI haven't got  a response. How long did it take before you received yor unlock codes?
Please forgive me if I'm venting in  a rude way.
Sinscearly John Follis

2006-12-22 00:20:08

Well, that wasn't a quick resonse from Liam. I got my unlock code about 14 hours

2006-12-22 04:46:21

My unlock code came within an hour or two.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

In the Weapon Search game, the storage room is a 40 by 40 room.  You start in the bottom left corner, and the exit door is in the top right corner.  If you can manage to get through the door without picking up any weapons, you get a trophy.  Each game is random, in that weapons are scattered throughout the room in a random manner each time you play, so most of the time this is much easier said than done.
The best I have been able to do is approx. 20 points.  You seem to get one point per weapon.  I think you have approx. 2 minutes to take as much as you can and get through the door.  When the buzzer sounds, you have approx. fifteen seconds to get the heck out of there before the place blows sky high.  Is there any way to speed up the walking or extend the time limit?  If not, it seems to me that you'd have to be quite lucky to snag over 30 weapons.  I only have the one trophy for managing to get through without any weapons.

2006-12-22 10:30:50

My highscore in weaponsearch is 43 weapons. So, it is not imposible.

2006-12-22 16:50:27

I believe the highest stoce you can get in Weapon Search and still get a trophy is 30 points, but I could be mistaken. I have not as yet managed the second Parachute Jump trophy.

2006-12-23 14:00:12

it's definitely not impossible; i got 33 weapons and the buzzer didn't sound yet.

2006-12-23 18:15:30

I have a few things to contribute here.  I recently moved my trophy data file to another location and decided to try earning them all from scratch again, just to listen to the cool messages again, and I even earned one more, which let me earn one more still!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I've found a neat way to earn the Renegade trophy.  To earn this one, you just keep your finger on the trigger throughout the entire game.  Sounds simple, but your finger can sure get tired of holding down that one key.  Here's a neat trick for getting around this.  Note, this should work with most hardwired keyboards.  Whether it will work with any particular wireless keyboard is anybody's guess.  Here we go.

Start a game.  When asked for the difficulty, I always select Easy, but don't hit Enter yet.  Hold down the Ctrl key, remember, that's your trigger.  With Ctrl held down, hit Enter to start the game.  During the loading sequence, when you aren't actually required to pay attention, unplug the keyboard from the computer, release the Ctrl key, then plug the keyboard back into the computer.  The instant the game starts you should start firing, and will continue to do so throughout the entire game.  All you have to do is use your arrow keys, as appropriate, to spray machine gun fire everywhere and hopefully blast the enemies away.  When the game is over, assuming you won, when you hear Ather's ship explode, or if you lose the game, simply tap the Ctrl key to release the trigger.  The reason this works is that when you release the Ctrl key, the keyboard is unplugged, so the computer never sees you release it.  So, it thinks the Ctrl key is still down the whole time you're playing the game.

Now, a few questions.  What, exactly, are the technical requirements for earning this trophy?  Is it legal to pause/unpause the game, with Ctrl held down of course, check health or other stats, etc. during such a game, or will doing even those things destroy your chances for the Renegade trophy?

Now a word about Untouchable.  I got this on Easy.  I had managed to survive the main game without getting hit.  During the satellite round, it hit me a few times, so I figured I could kiss the Untouchable trophy goodbye.  I was rather surprised when I got it anyway!  So, at least the satellite level, and maybe even all boss levels, must not count towards that trophy.

2006-12-26 09:59:52 (edited by arjan 2006-12-26 10:00:19)

i got 317 points in parachaute jump but i didn't get a trophy. i'll try again today and see if i can get more points.