2006-12-15 18:35:11

Hey.
I've bought the game and it is pritty good. But how can I use the secret weapon. I've got it, and when I'm pressing enter to activate it it comes a special noice. But I don't know how to use it, and how to get the boss.
ANd how can I get the ultra difficult?
Regards
Kane

2006-12-15 21:31:08

when you press enter, you hear the poerup sound and then a hum. this means it's active. when enemies come close to landing, it will destroy them instead of making them land. it takes approx. 50 seconds to recharge afterwoods.
also: i'm stuck for ideas on trophies. i have 22. what now? i don't have any more ideas.

2006-12-16 01:16:54

hey want to list all your trofys and how to get them?
and how do you get the secret weapon?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2006-12-16 05:44:54

I'd also love to know how to get those!  I've only gotten one trophy (spelling?) and don't quite know how I did it.  Also what about getting the secret weapon?  And when you do get it, is it permanently unlocked for all future games, or just for the one game you're playing?

2006-12-16 09:08:51

for all games i think. i have 23 trophys but i'm kinda stuck too. one hint: press backspace inside the game. i'm not gonna spoil it, find out for yourself. one thing though: it rocks!

2006-12-16 11:35:06

Hi again,
I'd love to know how to unlock the secret weapon.  I now have three trofys.  I can't sware by this, but I think I might have figured out where the trofy data about trofys earned is stored on the hard drive.  If anybody wants details let me know.  Of course this might also contain the product registration too, I can't really tell.  Anybody wanna share any other tips?  If you want to do so privately I will provide my Email address.  It is scrambled so spam bots can't get it, but just remove the letters q z and x from my address to get the real thing.
[email protected]

2006-12-16 13:48:27

Well, to get more trophies just read the readme file. There are many hints there. For example: Are you a sharpshooter? Would you just sit and watch the game and play it self.

2006-12-16 19:45:05 (edited by troopanum 2006-12-16 19:46:04)

Morgan Kane. how did you unlock the secret weapon?

2006-12-16 19:47:27

I want to know too

2006-12-17 01:20:12

jaybird wrote:

Hi again,
I'd love to know how to unlock the secret weapon.  I now have three trofys.  I can't sware by this, but I think I might have figured out where the trofy data about trofys earned is stored on the hard drive.  If anybody wants details let me know.  Of course this might also contain the product registration too, I can't really tell.  Anybody wanna share any other tips?  If you want to do so privately I will provide my Email address.  It is scrambled so spam bots can't get it, but just remove the letters q z and x from my address to get the real thing.
[email protected]

hi,
where is the trofy data?

2006-12-17 01:39:23

Well guys. It is not difficult to get many trophies. And the weapon, well. Play the four bonus levels and get many points. You will get trophies for that. And if you have got the cheats, try to beat the game with cheats, and when you are using a cheat code just die. Don't try to win the game. If you die when you are using a cheat you will get some trophies.
THis is just some tips.

2006-12-17 02:37:53

and the weapon?

2006-12-17 03:09:07

I don't remember how I got the weapon. But it isn't a weapon it's more like a shield. Well, you press enter to activate it. It is making a power up nocie for five second, and so it is done, and you will have to wait 50 seconds before you can use it again. And you can't kill the boss with this.

2006-12-17 04:58:39

oh
anyone else know how?

2006-12-17 06:09:04

Ok, I'm going to sound like an idiot, but I didn't know there were any cheats, although I rather suspected such.  How do you get them?  Is it like Super Liam, where you have to beat the game once, then a text file is created with complete instructions?

2006-12-17 07:11:48

I have just verified the data file.  I won't give away the exact filename, but here are some hints which should lead you down the right path.
Look in the directory where the game is installed.  There are several subdirectories containing sound files in what I assume to be a proprietary file format to keep us from discovering the game's secrets by simply listening to the sounds.  There aren't many files in the main directory though.  Look for a filename that might contain what you want.
Note.  The contents of this file is *not* human readable.  This file would appear to contain all data related to earned trophies, scores, probably even unlockables and the like.  It does not appear to contain the product ID or unlock code for registration purposes.  It is unknown whether this file is keyed to the particular product ID/unlock code combination, or whether such files could be swaped from one computer/user to another, thus giving any person with access to the file all the stuff earned by the original player.

2006-12-17 07:58:57 (edited by Shadowcat 2006-12-17 08:02:52)

hi jaybird,
what is the filetype for the trofy data file?
by the way jaybird can you  tell me the filename over e-mail?
it is
[email protected]

2006-12-17 10:40:52

On a related subject to this, I've not yet managed to beat the game, even on Easy!  I can get through the first ten levels pretty good by just holding down the trigger and moving about, thus destroying enemy craft rather quickly in some cases.  The boss's first challenge isn't really one, especially if you've followed the above advice and have plenty nukes and rockets left.  But I have yet to get past the satellite.  How the heck do you beat this thing?  And, once you do, how hard is it to beat the boss himself, and do people have any good strategies for beating these guys?

2006-12-17 13:38:26

Wow, hehe Well I beat the game the first time I played it. On easy it is very easy.... And to get the cheat file you will have to beat the game on all three difficulties.

2006-12-17 18:18:29

not true. not true at all. to get the cheats you need 10 trophies.
about beating the saterlite, wait at theleft side of the screen, and then when he is in the centre of your headphones/spekaers fire. watch out, about 3rd time passing you will be right under the laser, best thing to do is to move away at just the right time. t's quite hard to exxplain.
the boss isn't really that hard.
by the way,  iwouldn't recogmend holding down the trigger. get good accuracy. therer may, just may, be a trophy installed.
and if your good enough, beat easy without using any rockets or nukes.

2006-12-17 20:41:29

Okay. I didn't know when I got the cheats. I just looke into the folder after I had beat the game on hard...

2006-12-17 21:24:00

Well you obviously don't need to beat it on all three difficulty levels, 'cuz I have yet to even reach the boss on Hard.
  The satelite can be tricky. It moves back and forth and fires off its laser at intervals of a few seconds. It's quite powerful, so get out of the way when you hear it charging up. Then just get the thing in the center of your speakers and shoot it. Don't hold down the trigger though if you can help it. As I understand it there is a reward for high accuracy, possibly that Sharpshooter trophy?
  As for the commander himself, he can be tricky. He flies around in a ship and releases nukes. Like the satelite laser, these are quite powerful. One alone can do considerable damage. I'm told you can shoot them but I've always been too busy avoiding them to try. Anyway, center the sound of the ship in the speakers and fire. Enough shots will bring it down.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-12-17 23:07:59 (edited by troopanum 2006-12-17 23:55:17)

I want to know what the data file  as well. I want the imformation sent to ny emal: [email protected]

2006-12-18 02:12:58

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

All the secret items in the game are unlocked when you earn a certain number of trophies.

The satellite and boss are very easy.  For beating the satellite, I find it easiest to sit in the middle of the screen and fire off a shot or too when he flies buy (similar to the orange ships in alien outback).  Just follow the boss with the trigger held; he shoots nukes before flying away, so they should be in your path most of the time (you'll end up hitting them anyway).  This won't screw up your accuracy if you were careful for the normal levels.

Speaking as a member of the test team, a lot of the trophies are obscure (and one or two are totally pointless) but you can get around 20 by playing the game with as many extreme scenarios as you can think of (you/enemies health low, ending game with high or low marks in this or that, difficulties etc).  Bonus games are by far the easiest way of earning trophies.

James

2006-12-18 16:02:37

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I've found a cool trick with the satellite.  Don't know that it's very useful, but it might be.  First of all, if you can avoid the laser shots, the satellite is a nice way to restore some health to your base.  Just sit around, moving out of the way now and then to avoid laser fire, and you should be fine.  You do, of course, have to destroy the satellite to move on to Ather himself.  Now, my neat trick is this.  Every few seconds you hear a power-up sound, then the laser fires.  But, at any time not during the laser cycle, you can pause the game.  When you unpause, the laser will power up, even if it wasn't exactly the right time for it to do so before you paused.  Also, if it is powering or has powered up, pausing the game then unpausing it will make it fire.  Just remember to wait a few seconds between the pause and unpause.  This might be useful, say, if the satellite is near you but not quite near enough and you're afraid it's about to fire off a shot so don't want to move out of the way or try to get closer to shoot.  Just pause the game, wait a few seconds, unpause, if it powers up, immediately pause, wait, unpause, it'll fire but won't have moved at all so now you've got plenty of time to do whatever you need.

Now, about cheat codes.  As previously stated, you earn them when you get your tenth trophy.  The sound of an old dot matrix printer plays when you get the cheats.  They are quite fun, but from what I've experienced, you can't win any real game accomplishment trophies with cheats active, though there are a few trophies related to using the cheats!  Oh and by the way, don't bother asking anybody for a copy of their cheats file.  Even if you know the cheat codes and how to use them, they won't work until you've actually earned them yourself.

Bonus game question time.  I have earned two trophies in Rocket Rage and one in Parachute Jump.  In RR, I've earned "Rocket Blaster" and "Rocket Blaster Plus."  In PJ I've earned "Super Paratrouper."  Are there any more to be earned in these games?  I have not yet earned any trophies in Weapon Search.  Are there any to be earned there?