2016-04-08 14:06:20

In my opinion I actually think it works. It's called cross buy, after all, and if you didn't have a console then anyone can just go grab whatever the wanted, some sort of validation is necessary.

2016-04-08 18:44:51

Of course it works, until you take into account the people who used to have an xbox, and then switched over exclusively pc and got rid of the console beforehand. Or in my case, borrowing someone's console, buying all the content, and then the console needing to be returned to the person before season 3's release.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-04-09 15:07:08

Definitely. THere's a fine balance. I do sometimes wish it would just be account dependant, or if you've purchased something and you get rid of a console and switch, perhaps they should give an option to restore content for a very cheap price $1 just for validation.

2016-04-09 17:51:58

Sony systems don't have this issue. they take the apple aproach... having a certain number of devices authorized, after which you have to deactivate all your devices and reinitialize. Well, guess I'm waiting to see what happens... since my cousin is still out of town. sigh.

2016-04-09 20:05:38

So I'm thinking of getting a ps4 or xbox1, but am unsure which has more playable games/accessibility. Are they about equal or is one seemingly better than the other. Obviously I don't really care if one is great accessibility wise if it sucks gamewise. Thoughts?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2016-04-09 22:21:10

Well, it all depends on what you're looking for. Both consoles have their good and bad points. It's a bit like choosing between mac and windows... people will be on both sides of the coin. The library, right now, is about the same. Right now the accessibility on the xbox is probably a little further ahead since Narrator reads more, but it doesn't always respond well especially to continuous browsing. Opposite, the ps4's tts reads less but has improved with the recent update and is improving every time, seemingly, and responds like a charm. Both have web interfaces and apps where you can access things through, and the ps4's disc drive is also region free which means you can import and play games from whatever country you like. Rumour says the xbox is the same, but I don't have any confirmation of that.

2016-04-09 22:27:42

Yeah looks like I'm leaning towards ps4. Thanks for the quick answer. One more question, can I make it accessible out of the box?

2016-04-09 22:51:03

You have to go manually enable it in settings, but once you do that it's easy to toggle on and off in the quick menu. Also, your location has to be the US, which also has to be your system's location and language setting for it to work. This is the one plus to narrator... you can be anywhere in the world as long as your language is set to US English.

2016-04-09 23:35:28

What games are playable that aren't pure fighting? I mean not that there's anything wrong with that, but it'd be nice to branch out. Haha sorry for all of the questions, I'm just trying to decide if this is worth buying or not.

2016-04-10 07:47:16

For other than fighting games, you can try resident evil 6 remastered for the ps4 and xbox one, samurai warrior 4 and 4-II for the ps4, but you need to search for story translation.
If you like rpg, there is a game called odin sphere liefthrasir, released in june in north america. It's the deffinitive version of odin sphere and hopefully it will be playable.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-04-10 20:59:18

I want to throw at least part of the Xbox One side in here as I think Narrator doesn't really get a fair reputation.  It's responsive, if you increase the speed using a USB keyboard (and the recent update definitely improves the responsiveness during continuous browsing).  The Xbox One's interface, web or otherwise, is very much more accessible in terms of what it reads (I only know the console interface from demos I've seen).  Moreover, Microsoft are far more willing to incoorporate accessibility suggestions and listen to feedback from their userbase.

The library, also, is about the same as has been said  Moreover, if you want to play Killer Instinct without having a high-end rig, Xbox One is the way to go and with backwards compatibility being a service you don't have to pay subscription fees for (as you would have to on PS4) there is the potential for even more accessible titles in the future.

I'll admit, I am biased, but that's partially because Ive not seen much in the way of good output from PS4TTS or the company regarding updates to the software in question.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2016-04-11 00:09:45

Yeah pretty torn. I guess I'm just wanting the one with more now/future non pure fighting games. There's only so many of those I can play.

2016-04-11 03:45:14

I would say the ps4 is probably your better bet in terms of variety, anyway. Even fighting games or action games can be very different, Samurai Warriors 4-II is the first one in the well known warriors franchise to be playable. I just find more of the exclusive games on ps4 to be playable, but as sightless said, the library will basically be very similar except for the two big fighting games. But my windows 10 pc which isn't all that good of a rig runs Killer instinct just fine, but it does push resources which causes the fan to rev up... doesn't slow down at all, though. And having used both web interfaces, they're both very much equal at this point.

2016-04-11 20:50:35

About Killer Instinct... does anyone know if the pc version has an autoconfiguration option that scales the graphic and video settings to optomize it for whatever pc you're running as best it can, similar to some other games?

2016-04-12 09:09:44

Finally got my save and data imported! Running the game pushes my laptop, but it runs well enough... anyone have the menus for the pc version? Trying to turn on combo assist since I don't have a controller hooked up right now so just want to play for fun. Anyone have a good way of hooking up a ps3 / ps4 controller on windows 10?

2016-04-12 11:14:16

You can turn combo assist on by pressing u (if memory serves) within the character select screen (before picking a character).  If you're using a controler, press square/x(psx/xbox) and you should hear a sount that indicates that you you've turned it on.

I have no further information about hooking PSX controllers to win 10 as I've heard it's an intricate and sometimes dangerous process.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-04-12 15:58:43

Sigh. And this, my friends, is why Windows 7 is still ultimately better, despite the fact that I do enjoy windows 10 at times, much more than I did 8. lol If I had a controller, I wouldn't be using combo assist. hahaha. Any further menu descriptions would be appreciated.

2016-04-12 20:21:39 (edited by assault_freak 2016-04-12 20:47:51)

Question about Windows 10;s store... even though this is kind of off topic. Trying to download the latest Killer Instinct update and can't figure out how. Viewing my downloads show that the killer instinct download is sitting there but doesn't seem to progress at all, but that may be my internet connection. Also, what is the most accessible way of buying addtional characters / content? NVDA still seems to have a while to go with making the store accessible. lol

Update: Never mind, figured it out. Combo assist with U doesn't work though.

2016-04-12 21:36:21

Use DS4 with your ps4 controler and ds3 with your ps3 controler. And I cant seem to purchase any of the edditions ingame, because I click on a character and some menu comes up, I press enter and then it processes the request and then after about 30 seconds, it takes me back to the character screen.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2016-04-12 22:28:25

I'll check the shortcut as soon as I have a moment to actually reliably test it and let you know.  You could just purchase an xbox one controler - if you get a console in the future you have one and even if you don't you have a solution that works with games out of the box on win 10 rather than downloading what you'd have to for windows 7/8/10

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-04-13 05:52:05

Bradp, does ds3 tool still work with killer instinct? Because that, I can use no problem... lol. I'm halfway to downloading ds4 already. hahaha. Just wanted to figure out this store interface. Any tips for that, sightless? Or am I just going to have to try and use the windows 10 store... which I really don't like right now? hahaha.

2016-04-13 14:08:11

not sure about ds3, but I know that ds4 works with the game.

2016-04-13 15:09:08

Well, you mentioned ds3 so I thought you'd tested it. Apparently, you have to mess around with internal windows settings to get it to recognize ds3 tool. It's nothing complicated, just disabling driver signature enforcement, but that requires going into the pre-boot environment and I don't think Narrator even in win 10 works in there, so I'll just stick with ds4. Either one is fine. lol DS4 doesn't require any tricky processes to install, so I should be good, I think.

2016-04-13 22:11:22

Just bought the ps4. My only real question is can I get most if not all games digitally, or will I need to buy some?

2016-04-13 22:55:58

You should be able to get all your games digitally.