2016-12-09 11:55:30

there's got to be a way round that sort of problem surely? I mean why not use a targeting system similar to that you'd use on a mud? I'm talking about for accessibility purposes? obviously that's going to need some thought but that's the first thing that popped into my head after my first drink of the day lol.

2016-12-09 12:47:03

Well, it's Ubisoft, forget about some special fixes just for the blind If the game will be not accessible (and for sure will be not) on start than there's not much we can do. It's a video game and it's for sighted players. Marking system is really great but for everyone who can see and that's it, sadly or not.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-01-01 14:53:58

Hi.
I have two things, one beeing an announcement and the other one beeing a question.
First: Does someone of you know of any accessible games on steam, aside the list?
Secondly, the announcement.
I announced this one some weeks back on the forum, but maybe not everyone has seen it.
Capcom is releasing a new marvel VS capcom title called infinits, and it will be available on next gen consoles and the pc.
Also, their previous title Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be ported over to pc too, something I am really happy about.
Other games I know which will be released are tekken 7, and injustice, gods among us 2, also for next gen systems and the pc.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-01-01 17:02:29

Can't wait!

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-01-01 21:41:14

Hi.
Yeah, me too, I sisinserely hope that those games will hold the high expectations.
BTW, I picked up that the blazblue series should be quite good, can someone validate this and tell me if one of the games is worth buying?
greetings Moritz

2017-01-02 00:22:04

I can't tell you what game is worth buying until you tell me what would make it worth it for you. lol and the new game is called Marvel Vs. Capcom: infinite, not infinites. Just a minor thing.. but it might confuse some people. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-01-02 02:43:32

Ha ok, infinits, I was confused with the old ps2 game, marvel vs capcom, rise of the infinits.
Hmm, ok, what does it make worth playing. I don't really know, I am open for everything, even if it's not fully playable, but still enjoyable like GTA V for example.
I heard that resident evil and naruto shipuden 3 or 4 is playable,, also that the blazblue games are quite good, can you confirm that?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-01-02 02:58:20

There was no such ps2 game. the only Marvel Vs. Capcom game on the ps2 was Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, new age of heroes. You're probably thinking of Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects... that was a completely separate game not a prt of that series. The VS series includes:
X-men: Children of the Atom

Marvel Super Heroes
X-men Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Vs. Capcom: clash of Heroes
Marvel Vs. capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: fate of two worlds, and ultimate mvc 3
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite.

And regarding whether those games are good... that is very subjective. The blazblue series is good if you enjoy the story, and if you don't mind learning a lot of mechanics and like unusual, more anime type character designs. And Resident Evil 5 and 6 are supposed to be playable... but I've never tried them. The Naruto series is again fun if you enjoy the anime or anime-based fighting games.

2017-01-02 05:51:58

@simba: the blazblue games are good, however to enjoy the story you have to play the previous games first before playing the new series, or you can play the previous recaps, like in CS or CP extend.
as for the naruto games, ultimate ninja storm 4 is the most playable game in the series, which is for the story mode.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-01-02 11:39:26

Hi.
Ok dang, I need to get my video game history right xD.
Ok wait, I found two blazblue games on steam, the continuum shift extend and the crono fantasma, can I just play one of those?
and what do you mean by anime fighting mechanics, I am open for everything, so i am curious.
greetings Moritz.

2017-01-02 11:46:06

I think you should get both.
in CS extend, there is a reconstructed version of the calamity trigger story, while in CP extend it only explains what happened in the previous games.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2017-01-02 13:03:53

Hi.
Ok, thanks, with both games in the sale at the moment, shoudln'd be that expensive.
Do you have a guide for the menus or can I do something with OCR there?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-01-02 20:09:18

Naruto, imo, is only good if you like the anime and the characters. The fighting system is very shallow... and if you are looking for a rewarding fighting game experience, that's not it. lol You also need to know the anime to really follow the story. I enjoy the anime, but am not as big a fan as some others I know, so even when I played ultimate ninja storm 4 I had to do a bit of research on the story and what was happening. But the mechanics are simple, so if you want to just have fun pressing buttons and watching cool things happen, then it's a good choice. I personally only have slight interests in blazblue, as the story isn't really my favourite and the character designs don't really appeal to me either, but I still play it every now and then for something different. And about the history of the vs series, you're welcome! Those games are possibly some of my favourite fighting games of all time. big_smile

2017-01-02 20:54:08

Hi.
I got the blaz blue games, both of them and started playing the tutorial on continuum shift extand and man, that rachel personn is quite the cheky character xD.
I now just need to figure out the menu, do you maybe have an idea where you can find the storie mode on pc? but I guess you are playing on a playstation 3 or 4.
In adition, I got myself the shank 1 and shank 2 games, did maybe someone complete those games?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-01-02 20:57:40

I never even played Continuam Shift, so can't help you with that one... and it's been a very long time since I played CP. the menus should be similar, but you're right... I can't be sure of that since I'm playing on the ps4. Shank is fun... but you're going to have to get used to being frustrated during some of the many platforming sections.

2017-01-02 22:47:27

Shank 1 is pretty easy and fun a lot, the second one is frustrating as hell! really.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-01-03 00:15:44

Hey guys. Could someone tell me how to get to the training mode in mortal combat XL? Would appreciate it, thanks.

2017-01-16 22:17:23

hello guys, bringing back an old topic however I have some interesting things about life is strange:
I knew SLJ is stuck at the bathroom, however, I'm sorry to SLJ, I've passed even further lol.
for the serious thing: the bathroom area is pretty small, it's actually not too hard to find the shower, however still, it takes some time to do so.
walk forward, try turning, and walk forward again while pressing the X button to interact with it. once you've interacted with the shower, a cutscene plays that max says that when the door closes, a window opened. after that scene, simply walk forward and press the X button to take a picture of a butterfly in front of you.
once done, some drama unfolds as a boy comes and says that she is going to become a boss of the school. a second later, a girl comes up, then suddenly these two persons talk like crazy then the boy by the name of nathan prescott shoots the girl with a gun.
after that scene, you'll introduced to rewind time. you can do this by pressing the L2 button to rewind and release the button to stop, or you can use auto rewind by pressing the L1 button. once you've rewined time, max is surprised that she is now at the classroom again. you have to do it like the first part, which is take a picture of yourself.
then, when Mr Jeferson asks something, press the triangle or the square button, I'm not really sure about this. when you press that button, she says that she needs to excuse herself to the bathroom and victoria steals the correct answer again, just like previously. then, max says that she needs to rewind time again, then press the square or triangle button to answer the correct choice, which is, finally max steals victoria's answer.
then, walk forward and talk to Jeferson again, then walk to the door. now, she'll comment that she need to go to the bathroom again, but now there is no music playing, so you can here some sounds like some people talking with each other or doors opening and closing. the door which is opening and closing is the bathroom door, so pay attension to it and try to find a way to reach it.
then, in the bathroom, things started to become more complicated. you have to search a hammer, and break the emergency alarm. you have to do it quick before nathan shoots his gun again.
the trick to get the hammer is try to walk down while nathan's voice is close to the center. once you've taken the hammer, go right and press the triangle button to break the emergency box.
don't worry, if you messed up you can always rewind time and your items will not be lost if you do so.
that's it, for now. I'm planning to buy the full version soon, and I'll let you guys know if I find something interesting in a later scene of the game.
oh, I nearly forgot one more thing: if you walk around and you hit something like a wall or object, the character will stop moving so you'll know if the character bumped in to walls and objects but still, there is no sounds for interactables, so you have to keep pressing X, square, triangle or the circle button to interact or look around.
usually, X button is always interact, and the triangle button is to look or examine the object, also used to take photos like when max is in Mr Jeferson's lecturing.

2017-01-17 23:18:56

Wow. Interesting. Thanks a lot for all this great information. I'll give this game a try again. Well, I've spent hours in the bathroom trying to make any progress... But you've motivated me to give it a try again for sure. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-18 21:09:01 (edited by hanif 2017-01-18 21:16:50)

a note about the part before the bathroom: I've wondered around in that part for some minutes, cause that part is so hard because of a loud music playing in the background.
what I did is while walking, press all the interact buttons, mainly the triangle button to look around. outside of the class, max can look at the posters of people, so if you want to know about them just look at it.
the bathroom door is near her parent's picture, but I'm not sure if it's right or not. I just walk around, and suddenly I press X and max enters the door. I think the door is near logan or brooks poster, so just keep searching and looking.
sooner or later I'm going to buy the full season of the game, and if I find something interesting or if I find something hard to do I will let you guys know about it.
I've just finished the trial version, it's ended after max breaks the emergency bell with a hammer to stop nathan prescott from shooting the girl.
however, after you're introduced to rewind time, and you get out from the classroom, the music is not playing anymore, but it's full of people talking to each other and you can hear a sound of a door which is opening and closing. the clue to the bathroom door is that door is making a loud closing sound, so pay atension to it and try to find a way to reach that door. about the hammer, it's quite hard to find. what I did is, as I said in my previous post, try to position nathan's voice to the near right or left while keep pressing X, and max will eventually dig in to something and press X again to take the hammer. max will comment that she has taken the hammer, however you have to do it fast to break the door or nathan will shoot the girl and max needs to rewind time again. don't worry, if you rewind time your item won't be lost, and you are still remained at your current position.
to break the box, just press X to use the hammer and break it. I think the box is in the right side, not really sure if it's right or not. eventually you will find it and after breaking it an alarm will start to play and if you are playing the demo version, it ends there and if you're playing the full version, max will come to the headmaster's office and report the incident.

2017-01-18 21:44:22

Hello!
What is this game that you guis are talking about?
Thanks.

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2017-01-18 21:57:05 (edited by hanif 2017-01-18 22:00:27)

I am talking about life is strange, an interactive movie adventure developed by dontnod entertainment and square enix, available for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC. I've just completed the trial version and now I'm going to buy the full version with 5 episode of the game included.
if you don't know what an interactive movie is like, it's basically you'll watch a scene and the story is not predetermined, instead you have to make choices durring the game which will change the story. if you don't know, try to play some games from choice of game, it has a similar concept to this game.

2017-01-20 14:11:14

Time for an update: i've just purchased the full game, and now i've found something hard. After you wondered around the courtyard of the school, you have to check out something at the southeastern part of the school to check on warren's text. Max read the text and she needs to go to the dorm to get his flash drive and return it to him. Once you entered the dorm area, you'll be placed at the field. In this area, you'll hear two boys playing football, a boy painting the dorm window, and you can also hear a cup of water dropping. The main entrance to the room is guarded by victoria, so first you need to talk to her. After that, you have to try to scare away victoria with dropping waters to her. This one is pretty hard, you have to turn on the sprinklers and get the bucket while samuel set up something on the upper level. The bucket is not too hard to find, however turning on the sprinklers is quite hard and you have to be quick to do so. I'll try to figure it out again, and i'll let you know if i sucessfully do that

2017-01-20 15:23:22

Hanif, I actually played to the part where you are at this moment and it seems like it's more and more inaccessible. As far as I know later on there will be larger areas with a lot of items around.

Sadly, as i talked to the Sam, the main programmer from Dontnod interactive he was interested in the making this game accessible but from that moment I didn't got anything from him, probably because their publisher.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-01-21 05:47:06

mmm another interactive adventure huh. Hmm are there any more games like this on pc? (I know there're literally nearly none on ps2/psp so I don't bother askingg).
Also, a little off topic here, any accessible stuff for nds or n64 that aren't rythm heaven games?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.