2024-03-16 02:48:15

Im pretty sure if there was a rule about complainers, this forum wouldn't exist, because everybody in this world complains.

I always tell myself I'm going to stop procrastinating. I was going to, but I never got around to it.
Always approach life with an excellent attitude!
If you like my post, thumb me up!

2024-03-16 02:58:50 (edited by Dgleks 2024-03-16 02:59:40)

LilyNight wrote:

Im pretty sure if there was a rule about complainers, this forum wouldn't exist, because everybody in this world complains.

Okay bro.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2024-03-16 03:41:45

@50 I have complaints about your complaints about complainers. Seriously, though, this is an unmanageable rule considering just how low staffed we are now.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2024-03-16 11:51:53

@51, would you like $50 or $50.05?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2024-03-16 16:56:24

I didn't

best regards, muhammad chafid

2024-03-17 22:00:02

why do i get dark alireza wibe from lily? even location is the same

2024-03-18 00:24:18 (edited by AudioGamer200 2024-03-18 00:34:48)

Definitely seems to know a lot about the forum, considering that this person  has  only been on here for two months. I don’t think that we should jump to conclusions  though.

2024-03-18 08:10:32

@56, how does it feel being a system?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2024-04-10 13:52:33

@1, You see, one of the bloody rules in this damn forum I actually approve of is the one against personal attacks, so I'll be careful as hell here. As is the case with many others, there are many things in this world that drive me crazy, the forum rule against piracy of course being one of them. However, there is one thing that makes me more angry than most others, and that is when people try to control what kind of language we use, only because of some ridiculous standard in society. The world sure as hell ain't perfect. I was swearing even as a child. People told me not to, but could never give me a reason, other than the fact that it was somehow seen as "impolite", because some people in the past apparently decided it for us. But the people who told me that were also the people trying to control my every action and interfear with my life, and they weren't even related to me. It's ironic really. The place where children have the most reasons to swear is school, and it is also the place where the staff freaks the fuck out about it for no fucking reason what soever. Swearing is only bad language if you let it be, and it'll never get "out of control". Let us use whatever is in the English damn dictionary to express ourselves. I'm not about to start being some bloody sheep right now.

Were I younger and more stupid, I'd probably call for the mods to warn you and close the topic or something like that, but I actually don't think that is the right way to go. It would be hippocritical. You are stating an opinion, and any punitive action against you for this would be free speech infringement, much like trying to ban swear words would be bad for free speech. And we have already had enough warnings for minor stuff that one should never be punished for, –cough—suggesting cracked copies of software— whatever.

Anyhow, as a freedom fighter, my answer is a big fat resounding fuck no, loud enough to start a bloody earthquake.

P.s.: I actually don't swear that much in writing, at least not usually. I'm just doing it this time in protest, much like I did when I posted those cracks for the Vocalizer voices way back, and got a damn warning for my efforts. Lol.

2024-04-11 03:02:29

@59, you may not like rules against piracy, but unless your willing to pay the $250000 plus fines that these big companies could levy against this forum for not taking down content when required by laws such as the DMCA, you really shouldn't complain about it. The DMCA has to be one of the most abused laws around, and similar laws like it exist all over the place in different countries, and the rules against piracy/cracks are preemptive protection against those laws. Actually ensuring developers get paid for their hard work is the primary justification, but laws such as the DMCA is the secondary (and arguably more important) one. You might of course say that "these big companies don't care about this forum", and for all I know you might be right... But last time I checked, anyone could pretend to be these companies and could submit a DMCA takedown notice to the admins of this forum. The DMCA has pretty much zero protections against it's abuse, primarily because i was written by copyright maximalists who would appreciate having god-like powers over their works and anyone who uses them instead of being reasonable, so the DMCA is what you get.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2024-04-14 07:41:04

I didn't read the whole thread, but people will find their way of saying things around censorship systems. In any case, I prefer a text with swear words and well written to a text from a person who does not know how to express themself. I don't think bad words are a problem, it depends on how you use them and in response to what. For me, we should all of society stop being so hypocritical and get off our butts, there are more important and worrying things happening in real life. Whether we like it or not, 3-year-old children already talk like drunk sailors about medieval stories. I dare you to stop that.

2024-04-15 22:20:53

No leave it be.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77