2024-03-12 22:57:29

@22, if anything they just proved my point.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2024-03-13 01:42:59 (edited by SirBadger 2024-03-13 01:44:37)

@21 I guess the reason you can't change your name is because anybody could say something inflammatory, racist, sexist or what ever then just change their name. As it is, People know who we are and learn about how we think and how we stand on things. I don't like somebody because I think they will annoy me, skip their post. Person changes their name, I'll have to read it anyway. I actually read everybody's posts if I agree with them or not. I assume this is why you can't just change your name at random though.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2024-03-13 18:01:56

@27, I can see that, also so you dont say something personal attacking or racist etc in your name

I always tell myself I'm going to stop procrastinating. I was going to, but I never got around to it.
Always approach life with an excellent attitude!
If you like my post, thumb me up!

2024-03-13 18:38:07

I would be in favor in such a rule, but this site has way more important issues i would like to see get fixed first.

2024-03-13 18:48:07

Well they could use a censor like @Jaseoffire said. The censors for unauthorized forks havent been activated in a while, maybe I should find one, and share it, to see if they work!

I always tell myself I'm going to stop procrastinating. I was going to, but I never got around to it.

2024-03-13 20:21:59

Lol. Yeah. BY all means let's be the fucking language police.  Thing is that post 20 was a damn joke and anyone who's been around here enough that they'll be taken seriously when suggesting community changes knows exactly why.  The Crazy Party situation is indeed goddamn shitty, but we can't do anything about it so screw it.

What's it going to be next?  All you seem to do is complain about the forum or suggest ways that it could be "improved" which is basically the same thing except with the illusion that you're being constructive to go hide behind.  You know what option everyone always has?  It's called leaving.  If this place bothers you that much why are you here?  I have yet to see you post something that's not at best passive aggressive.

I don't actually know who george_gaylord used to be without digging up a bunch of stuff but you know what?  They're mostly constructive, they aren't going around explaining how this place isn't run exactly they way they want at the drop of a hat, they generally contribute to discussions without being a dick about it.  SO I don't care.  Same for a lot of people we could ban for one reason or another if we started taking you as seriously as you want to be taken.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2024-03-13 20:32:37

Should there be a rule to moderate complaining

2024-03-13 20:37:30

@32, George_Gaylord used to be JayJay, not sure if there were any others

2024-03-13 20:59:31 (edited by LilyNight 2024-03-13 21:17:59)

@32: If nobody ever complained, Richard, the world would have descended into chaos long ago. And how would you get it passed? would you go and complain to the administation for it? If so, I would consider you a hypocrite, and would hope you don't get your way. big_smile

2024-03-14 01:08:43 (edited by George_Gaylord 2024-03-14 01:11:10)

What would we consider swearing? Fuck? Bitch? Cunt? OK that's self-explanatory, but what about Damn? Darn? Bloody? Blasted? Stinking? Fridge? Flipping? Flecking? The last thing audiogames.net needs is a thought police.
And yes. Lily Night's Doxing is correct. I used to be JayJay before.

_____

2024-03-14 03:25:56

@35: thumbs up to that one! You raise a great point! I think any thing that's registered as anything more then a minor swear. smile

2024-03-14 04:57:05

@George_Gaylord
LOL I hope you're joking about the docksing thing. That's not docksing.
https://forum.audiogames.net/post/815046/#p815046

2024-03-14 05:28:56

docksing?

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2024-03-14 05:50:09

@37 lmao yeah. It would be ridiculous to claim that was doxing.
@36, better idea, we don't.

_____

2024-03-14 06:01:20

Well I did call him by his first name in here earlier so…

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2024-03-14 07:56:34

That's right. To court with you.

_____

2024-03-14 10:08:36

A block feature, maybe, where posts from users you blocked won't show up for you... but retrofitting that onto PanBB might be more trouble than it's worth.
Were it mid 2000s Proboards, I'd have it be cookie-controlled, and have a javascript header/footer do the work.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2024-03-14 14:27:45

@39: If you swear too much, soon you'll find yourself swearing at other people, then you'll get banned, and most people here (including you) clearly don't have very much self-control, so better not to do it in the first place.

2024-03-14 16:56:40

@Lily: hypocrite. Given your most recent topic you started, I'm calling you a hypocrite. I could spend ten minutes making an acrostic that tells you to go fornicate with a cactus and skip the tetanus shot.

But no. You are showing your true colors more and more and more as a bigot and as someone who is intolerant of many many communities, going by this topic:

https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/5286 … ysmorphia/

And the OP therein, see my post in it for the original one in case you edit it. YOu are showing who you really are with a string of passive aggressive posts that do nothing but attack the admins because the forum is not run exactly how you want it. Camlorn is right in that post up there. You do nothing but stir the pot, but your latest topic taking attacks at various not exactly traditional communities is way, way past that and I think you are much much better off going out that door and not coming back, either voluntarily, or with the mods help

See. I called you out without swearing once. Example of why this is point blank useless.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2024-03-14 19:23:41

Resurrecting the Scunthorpe problem for April fool's day would be pretty funny in a dumb way. The form being filled with censor mangled words like buttbuttin or people willying their shotguns would be funny but only for a single day and only to really ram home just how dumb censoring and word filtering, as well as the people who cry for it really are.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2024-03-14 19:35:52

That would be a clbuttic thing to do yes

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2024-03-14 19:52:51

@43, hi there, Pot. My name is Kettle...--Electric, Kettle. Pleased to meet you.

_____

2024-03-15 01:10:35

LilyNight wrote:

@39: If you swear too much, soon you'll find yourself swearing at other people, then you'll get banned, and most people here (including you) clearly don't have very much self-control, so better not to do it in the first place.

Abay chal.

2024-03-15 23:34:59

Here's an idea: let's put a rule in place about complainers. If you just complain and complain and complain, you get booted. What'ya think, as they say? big_smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2024-03-16 01:26:19

@Ethin Oy, I have complaints about that! /S

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER