2023-11-26 13:44:30

You dare? You are not empty of weaknesses, because I, the almighty and legendary, will make you go poof like a bubble, not bubblegum, hmm maybe should go buy one, ahem either way I was saying camlorn is evil but bgt lover likes to eat chicken nuggits but nuno stole his favorite nuggits right under his nose and they went into a chase where bgt was roaring like a dying comodo dragon and coughing and sneasing like a glitched flying rhino that toppled a building after scaring a 3 year old lord lundon, and the honking donkey king, muhammad hajjar, was playing hearthstone piecefully in a burning tundra in the midal east up side down city of eternity, after that, the hmm sayer infeltrated the city with a giant machinegun with a large yellow disgusting wheel of chese with a grandma poking her head out of it and shouting something about paparoni pizza, after successfully breaking the computer of the honking donkey king, interrupting his hearthstone gameplay, the king and sayer entered a fight that will be written in legends, 5 minutes into the fight, a rotten smell started to appear in the area, the king's leg was raised high, his eyes wide, his mouth wide open for an attack, when they both paused, of course, foolish king forgot him self and fell right on his nose from being in-balanced, making a crunchy crunch sound that made sayer startle, 3 seconds later, a squish sound could be heard with the intensity of the rotting smell increasing, they both turned to where the sound came from, finding the meatbag in all his glory, a rotting corpse, with half a face that is nothing but bones, and another that is just rotting flesh, with a smile that promises a dirty, disgusting death, the fight resumed, turning into a battle royal, buildings toppled with booms, as the chese wheel turned with power, the kicks and honks and head buts from the donkey king, and the disgusting necrotic liquid from the meatbag, the fight ended, leaving a dead sayer and meatbag behind, the donkey raised his head and honked with the power of an exploding car, the sound echoed, and the war continued.
meanwhile, the scared 3 year old lord lundon fell into a pit that was filled with spiders and died in the next 3 minutes, bgt lover and nuno's mad dash ended after bgt lover used the sacred move of the unity of the open soursage to make nuno go flying right into the path of a truck that went flip flop and made a big bang and went into flames, he took his stolen nuggits and continued eating.
the evil camlorn, in his labratory, created a machine that he hopes will make him win this war, he created a weapon from all his experiences, he created the legendary synthizer, a weapon that uses the power of sound to destroy everything, in a dark lab with only little light that reflected on the glasses camlorn was wearing, camlorn started to cackle with a throaty voice that was the result of long years of working under unhealthy gasses and smoke, the device was released, and a soundwave launched into a refugee camp that was actually a camp for a small army that was led by cartertemm to try bringing back order, the wave rolled through the camp and left nothing but dust behind, camlorn was pleased by the results, and decided to go and fight the scyansa group that dared not invite him as the greatest scyantist history have ever scene, after all, who dare think ethin and amerikranian is better than him? He descended with his legendary creation, ethin, however, was not idle, he also had plans, and he smiled as he got the news from his drones and AI that camlorn is on his way with a weapon that is truly terrifying, but ethin wasn't afraid, he had his own tricks, and unity, is better than unreal, ahem he means being a loner, he contacted amerikranian, which was sitting in his room with large boards with random numbers, his eyes were wild as he spat out nonsense about formulas and, 392/9, 43+23+56, 90degrees in the southeast ocean in the wham thwak contenant, he responded to the call ethin requested, rambling about numbers all the while, they created a machine that will ryvle camlorn's, and the 2 machines clashed, creating an amount of destruction that was enough to spawn a cursid demention, one that everyone knows and dreads till this day.
yes, you guessed it, it's the audiogames.net demention.

2023-11-27 06:10:11

Moderation:

It has already been pointed out by another user, but I'll say it again. The purpose of this topic is to facilitate the submission of moderator applications. It is not for discussion, nor is its purpose to host an ongoing debate on what subjectively constitutes a good application. If it's not an application entry or a post informing of a private submission, it has absolutely no place in this thread and should be taken elsewhere.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2023-11-27 08:18:41

My nipples fell off, can someone help me find them?

2023-11-27 11:11:46

Moderation:
@brooksfrakerbac, consider this an official warning. I was pretty clear with the whole "only for application submissions" thing above. If you have no intent on meaningfully contributing in this thread for the purposes outlined, I suggest you post elsewhere.

2023-11-27 11:27:00

is anyone going to comment on the fact that out of literally everything that's been going on recently that was the thing that actually made him comment? Probably going to get warned again but honestly I don't really care. we at least now know that the moderation system actually works, so. Maybe it's time to take some action on other things?

2023-11-27 19:09:49

Moderation:
@brooksfrakerbac, consider this your second official warning. There are quite a number of currently-active topics where you can voice your feelings and displeasure with the current state of the forum administration. This is not one of them.

2023-12-28 23:51:43

moderation:

Belated announcement, we have made our first pick of new additions to the staff. Please welcome Jaseoffire to the team!

We will be following up with more shortly.

2023-12-29 19:51:50

Hello. I'm tendering my application to the fine forum folk in this topic. I'll be leaving the questions intact with my answers b eneath them, except for the 11th, since that is a long question by design and scrolling past all of that sounds like it would be annoying for you.
1. How long have you been an active member of the forum?
I've been a member of the forum for about 11 years now, (God I feel old), and reasonably active in that time, more passively though. I scroll, comment where I feel like I want to, and that's been it, because that's all that's really been needed.
2. Why do you wish to become a moderator? Try and be specific here; the more generic your answer, the less effort it suggests.
Simple: Experience. I've moderated in other platforms before, with much different rules and much different team members. In some cases, no team members due to circumstance. So experience on a larger team with a diverse group of mindsets would be a positive experience for me.
3. What is your average availability during a given week? Please note: you will not be held to strict time standards, as this is a volunteer position; instead, we simply wish to gain an idea of your ability to commit to this role.
I'm available pretty much constantly. I always have a few hours a day at minimum to be on the computer, and if not, I'll make that clear in advance.
4. What strengths or positive character traits do you believe you would bring to the forum as a moderator, and to a collaborative team environment? Please explain.
I'm generally a very understanding person. I can hear different perspectives and build off of them, and I'm always willing to hold people accountable, including myself. There will be lapses in that at times, but it's a standard I do my best to keep.
5. What qualities or history do you possess which might complicate your ability to be an effective moderator? Please explain.
I'd say sometimes my emotions can get the best of me, however briefly. But it's unbecoming and gets me in trouble from time to time.
6. Have you ever received a ban from the forum? If so, please explain what happened.
I have not.
7. Do you possess a thorough understanding of the forum rules, and are you committed to enforcing them fairly?
In all honesty, I would have to reread the rules in depth, but yes, fairness is indeed important.
8. If there was one thing you would change about the rules, culture or overall community environment, what would it be? How would you initiate that desired change?
I'm not sure I have anything to say here. I'm racking my brain for answers to this question and coming up empty.
9. Please rate your familiarity with Discord on a scale of 0 to 5, 0 denoting total unfamiliarity with the platform, and 5 indicating no problems within the Discord environment.
5. I've moderated and started my own servers in the past.
10. Please outline any prior experience (professional or otherwise) that would contribute to your ability to serve affectively in this role. We aren't necessarily looking for a resume here but involvement in the community, personal projects, technical familiarity, etc. Put another way: what do you do? What makes you happy to get out of bed in the morning? What is your super strength?
I've always been an outgoing sort of person. As mentioned before, I've been a mod/admin on previous platforms, and one of my biggest strengths in that regard, I'd say, is to engage the community. Sometimes the community may not necessarily take the bait, but I do my best to engage and include the community whenever possible.
11. Please outline your individual solution for the following entirely fictional scenario. As this is designed to be a complex assessment of your skills, strengths and weaknesses, please be thorough and, where appropriate, explain your reasoning.
I don't think an equally long response to this scenario is in order, but I'll break it down as best I can. I would first try and address my concerns with the two parties involved. I'd ask my friend to step back and stay off the forum for a while, keeping a supportive tone, but also hold them accountable. But I think the more important thing here is to make sure the other mod is also being fair. For example, could this mod site the rules that your friend broke? Would it be ban worthy, or simply warning worthy? I've used this word a lot in my application here, but hold this person accountable for their attitude. Are they simply biased and just don't want to deal with this person? This goes back to the weakness question, I've definitely gotten into that headspace before and I'm glad it has never ever ever panned out.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2024-01-07 06:14:12

Question 1. wrote:

How long have you been an active member of the forum?

Answer1 wrote:

I have been registered since 18/05/2008.

Question 2. wrote:

Why do you wish to become a moderator? Try and be specific here; the more generic your answer, the less effort it suggests.

Answer 2. wrote:

There are 2 reasons. Reason one: I wish to make it a possibility for all to have the ability to police themselves. This has been implemented successfully on vorail. Reason 2, as it is above, so is it below. That means, love, compassion, mercy and clemency are what is needed and I believe that if more of that were shown then the less people would, of their own volitions, want to break the rules. Having said that, people need not only to feel like they're being listened to but that they actually are listened to. Moderators have been good at sharing some of what has been discussed on discord and I would do the same within reason of course.

Question 3. wrote:

What is your average availability during a given week? Please note: you will not be held to strict time standards, as this is a volunteer position; instead, we simply wish to gain an idea of your ability to commit to this role.

Answer 3. wrote:

I have quite a lot of free time during the week and weekend. If that changes then I would be free at weekends but for the foreseeable future, that won't change.

Question 4. wrote:

What strengths or positive character traits do you believe you would bring to the forum as a moderator, and to a collaborative team environment? Please explain.

Answer 4. wrote:

I have never worked in a team environment in a position of authority so I honestly don't know. I would however be empathetic and sympathetic toward all users as much as possible. I would even be happy to be a go between for the moderators and regular forum users.

Question 5. wrote:

What qualities or history do you possess which might complicate your ability to be an effective moderator? Please explain.

Answer 5. wrote:

I absolutely refuse to punish or cause another to be punished by being an informant, even if I were told that to not do so would result in the revocation of my moderation status. I have never been in this life time, nor will I ever be, a man of authority. There is only one who has absolute authority and that is not me. Were I to even attempt to sit on that particular throne meaning to be in that role whereby I would be in authority over others, then it would be a lie and I would be a pretender to that role. I am equal to everyone else, no higher, and I will never even try to rise above my station. As for any negative history I have had with the forum users, here is proof of such. While my stance has not, nor will it ever change when it comes to the thread I linked to, I would certainly word things in quite a different way. The proof I've given above also proves that I do not bow to peer pressure and I am not afraid to say things that other people don't like.

Question 6. wrote:

Have you ever received a ban from the forum? If so, please explain what happened.

Answer 6. wrote:

I have not ever received a ban for any reason and I am very thankful for that.

Question 7. wrote:

Do you possess a thorough understanding of the forum rules, and are you committed to enforcing them fairly?

Answer 7 wrote:

I do have an understanding of the forum rules but I rely on common sense rather than the forum rules so my understanding of them is not thorough but I will and have referred to them when unsure. There is no such a thing as enforcing rules fairly when in a position of authority so no I would not enforce them, especially when that enforcement entails the use of negative/punitive might, even if it is done to the bare minimum and no more. I will not compromise my personal beliefs in order to enforce any rules of any kind, be they the forum rules or any other rules. I will however, advise any offending forum user that they are in violation of said rules and that any further violations including the current violations will result in another moderator enforcing the forum rules and they will be punished by them, not me. I will even quote what the rules state and link to the topic in question so that the forum users would know that the rules I site aren't ones that I've made up myself. As for any toxicity that may arise during my tenure if I am chosen, I would deal with it mercifully because that is how the one who is head of my house, the one who is my king wants me to deal with it.

Question 8. wrote:

If there was one thing you would change about the rules, culture or overall community environment, what would it be? How would you initiate that desired change?

Answer 8. wrote:

I will answer the second question first before I answer the first one. I would lead by example and show the community to the best of my ability what being a model citizen looks like behaviour wise. If you are unable or unwilling to make the change within you, then you don't deserve to be a moderator. You in this context means people, not a specific 'you'. Now for the first part of the question. I will first tackle the rules. There should only be one rule, treat others as you would like to be treated. Be kind, loving, compassionate, merciful, forgiving and respectful unto all, even unto those who you don't like or unto those who don't like you. Why? What so ever you do will be done unto you, be it good for good or bad for bad. It is not something that can be enforced, the eye for an eye law can only be fulfilled, not voided nor avoided. So if people use stolen assets then others will punish the thieves, not me. As for the community, I dearly wish that people would not be so toxic. If I had it my way, the forum would be forever populated with those who will never express negativity ever again. That doesn't mean that they won't be able to talk about negativity, nor does it mean that they won't be able to say no; it means that they will not be hateful, vengeful or in any way punitive toward one another in any way what so ever. That cannot be enforced, people must choose to be this way of their own volition; it is their freedom of choice to be kind and good at all times and in all situations.

Question 9. wrote:

Please rate your familiarity with Discord on a scale of 0 to 5, 0 denoting total unfamiliarity with the platform, and 5 indicating no problems within the Discord environment.

Answer 9. wrote:

I would say 1. I've never done anything within a group on discord, nor have I used its audio features. I don't know anything about hosting a discord server, but I have text chatted with people on an individual basis.

Question 10. wrote:

Please outline any prior experience (professional or otherwise) that would contribute to your ability to serve affectively in this role. We aren't necessarily looking for a resume here but involvement in the community, personal projects, technical familiarity, etc. Put another way: what do you do? What makes you happy to get out of bed in the morning? What is your super strength?

Answer 10. wrote:

I have no prior experience of any kind that you are asking for. I am however willing to learn but I honestly have never done anything like this before so I would be a total newbie.

Question 11. wrote:

Please outline your individual solution for the following entirely fictional scenario. As this is designed to be a complex assessment of your skills, strengths and weaknesses, please be thorough and, where appropriate, explain your reasoning.
Scenario:
A good friend of yours is a fellow forum member who has generally never fallen afoul of the rules before. Three weeks ago, your friend posted a link to a well-known unauthorized fork, and received a warning for it. The language used in their warning was unusually harsh, even under these circumstances, and it was given by a member of the moderation team that you often do not see eye to eye with; it feels to you as if this team member is sometimes needlessly abrasive in getting their points across. Your friend became defensive and angry, but recognized that they made a mistake and broke the rules and thus deserved the warning itself. You know, but have not shared with anyone, that your friend is going through turmoil in their personal life which may make them more vulnerable to sharp criticism.
You arrive on the forum today, and immediately see the following report from a concerned user:
"Might want to check this thread out. Somebody snapped."
When you investigate, you find that while you were away,  your friend has engaged in a heated battle with at least one other forum member, culminating in a final post which reads as follows:
"Look, I don't care what you say anymore. Just fuck off and leave me alone. I am sick to death of people always picking on me. I mean, I make one little mistake, and suddenly everyone's out to get me. I don't know what sort of god-damn power trip you and the other mod-lovers are on, but I've had enough of it. I really don't care if they ban me at this point, I am fucking done playing nice and playing politics because everyone else gets their feelings hurt and I'm supposed to just eat it. We're supposed to be here to have fun and support each other as gamers, but that's not what I see. What I see is a bunch of immature, whiny assholes who can't understand that sometimes we say and do stuff that isn't smart, and we sometimes need a little time to learn from them. Yes, you're one of them. No, I don't care if that bothers you. You gave that up the moment you told me that I probably didn't belong here if I had such thin skin. Seriously, fuck all the way off with your high-handed judgments."
A quick look at the posts which came before show that other users did indeed suggest that your friend was too sensitive, and had been saying a lot of unacceptable things, in their opinion at least.
You check the staff discord server, and the same moderator with whom you so often disagree has apparently seen this report before you, and has commented on it in chat, saying, "Jesus, what a mess. Can we just ban this snowflake already? I'll be happy to do it myself."
How do you feel? How do you react, both to the situation on the forum and to the potential conflict on the Discord server?

Answer 11. wrote:

Firstly, the friend. I would advise my friend that it was unwise for them to use such language, not because it wasn't warranted but because they fanned an already blazing inferno. I would empathise with them regarding their plight and I would assure my friend that they will not get any wrap from me. I would also advise my friend that because they retaliated, it would be harder for them to be kind, loving, compassionate, merciful, forgiving and respectful the next time so they would need to try to be the light in action from this day forth. I would also advise them that the danger lies not in what other people do unto us, but in what we do unto them. I would further advise that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and their suffering will eventually end. They have to be the light in action in the mean time. As for the bruhaha on discord, I would request that a ban not be implemented and I would also do all I can to reconcile with the moderator who I did not get along with. After all, how can I give advice if I am not willing to follow it? While it would be very difficult to like this particular moderator, I would try my best because I know that said moderator is not the enemy, it is the darkness within us both that is the real enemy. I would then ask once more that a ban not be placed on my friend but now, my friend's actions can be observed and they won't fall fowl of that particular rule again.

2024-01-09 02:32:19

1, i have just registered for this forum and  am impressed
2, I could be a grate moderator cause I have been on other platforms witch I will not mention hear

3 i will always be on this forum so I will always be on the look out for toxic threads
4, the only weakness I have  is my writing it can sometimes be a little bit off
5, i don't have
6,  no I have not
7 yes
8,  i wood not change anything
9 5 out of 5
10 i got nothing
11 i wood be shocked and tell an admin about this

2024-01-09 20:49:01 (edited by Dgleks 2024-01-10 03:04:54)

Moderation:
It has been determined, through solid technical and circumstantial evidence, that audio_killer is an alt of Fireball2023. As such, audio_killer is receiving a permanent ban, and Fireball2023 is receiving two warnings. A warning for creating a duplicate account, and another warning for using said duplicate account to submit a spam post in this thread.
Update: Sorry, folks. It slipped my mind that Fireball2023 had already received a warning not too long ago. Given that this action combined with that one results in a total of three warnings within 90 days, his original account will be receiving a 90 day ban from the forum.