2023-07-06 01:01:34

I really don't agree with the idea of scrapping everything that's already here. Years and years worth of information. If we do start new, I very much hope this site gets archived.

2023-07-06 01:47:59

Yeah it's not a realistic goal IMO, but the issue then becomes, if we do nothing, then we kind of have to shut up and take what we're given, even if that's nothing. I mean, why complain for the next 5 years if jack shit is going to come of it. It's shit or get off the pot time.

But yes, the logistics are an issue. I'm not a good enough sysadmin to look after this thing long term, especially when you get into optimizing the database. One class of that shit in college was enough to do my head in. I also don't have the means to fund it entirely, and while I might not be averse to contributing a small amount here and there, I would reserve the right to back out at any point, which I would do if it basically turned into a clone of this place.

What I can do is draft up policy, both for users and staff. I can moderate the site. I hate a tough but fair style that people tend to hate until they realize that once I'm done dealing with them, I let the issue drop. Then I become somewhat popular. I don't have any aspirations or delusions of becoming the head or chief admin, and while I definitely think I can lead to a degree, I wouldn't want to be that person, at least, not the sole person.

But even if this place is abandoned, I don't see it taken down. Probably not everyone would even make the move.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2023-07-06 04:19:53

Why don't you choose Simple Machines forum, It supports both push and email notifications, Can use both BB code and everything a forum needs and even AG.net can be suitable. I created on it, Very good.

2023-07-06 18:32:09

I can take up the sysadmin role, at least for the time when we don't find someone better. Funding a site like this won't be a huge issue either, assuming someone chips in a dollar or two.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2023-07-08 13:40:21

I was gonna call out people for not responding more to this vitally important topic until I realized I deeply care for the forum as well and haven't posted more than maybe twice, can't remember.
Snide remarks aside I think this topic has run it's course. I think what we need is a new topic that generates important questions and discussion around concrete solutions right out of the gate. In such a topic I would also urge the mods not to move it since a lot of users probably never check this room.
I will create such a topic inevitably, unless someone does so before me. But if you do please keep in mind to start it with a firm idea of what you're hoping to resolve, the rules and open up with your own ideas and then pose questions. I think that would be the best format anyway.
Ok lunch calls.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2023-07-08 16:02:01

Where to create it though?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2023-07-08 17:09:34

Given it would be not about this site, off-topic room.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2023-07-08 19:30:56

That's right. Someone please create a calling thread so we can have a better community and reach more people. I know there are really a lot of people who want to connect with this community but they have a hard time.
I really don't say that because I don't like audiogames net. On the contrary, I really enjoy and am grateful that audiogames net exists. But we need a more active place.

2023-07-08 19:49:35

Here you go
The most elaborate topic I ever wrote lol
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4895 … n-an-idea/

2023-07-09 10:41:04

I think that the reason why Nolan's forum (blindgamers.community) is that people didn't see a reason to switch because they had this big, established forum.
What I'm saying is: The only way a forum is ever going to get much traction is if this forum only exists as an archive anymore and can't be used anymore.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW