2022-01-16 21:06:37

Are the secret areas only available in the online mode? I prefer playing offline because the online mode is very unbalanced in my experience.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2022-01-16 23:03:24

Chris wrote:

Are the secret areas only available in the online mode? I prefer playing offline because the online mode is very unbalanced in my experience.

You mean the rgular PVE is unbalanced? I disagree, but either way, IDK.

2022-01-17 00:49:11 (edited by Chris 2022-01-17 00:50:19)

I mean everything. You get ridiculously low amounts of experience per zombie kill and the experience requirements get ridiculously high. Yes, you can upgrade your skills and that makes it a bit better, but I don't find that very good. It seems the best way to level is to do missions, either by yourself or with few people so you get more of the reward. There's other stuff like needing quest points or whatever to access lockers, etc. I never liked the CTF mode, it seemed way too unbalanced when someone gets pwoerful weapons and can casually take you out from a safe distance.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2022-01-17 04:04:34

I always hated the whole concept of truck sitting. These days it’s pretty much taken as red that a newbie must at some point in their tenure have to spend a good chunk of time sitting around in other people‘s missions doing nothing in order to get ahead.

2022-01-17 04:40:04

Just to help out if people need it;
Here are my links to grab the new version rather than going through Aprone's server. Don't wurry, He is cool with me doing this. Or at least he used to be.

I have put up the zip folder and a self installing version that for new players can be easier to use because it runs the checkup file during installation and puts a nice icon on your desktop to run it.

I have not tried it and so I will not join in the arguement but I have heard complaints that 4.0 has had it's audio stripped down to save download space but a lot of people do not like the new sounds. So i will also include retro versions with the old sounds from 3.9 if people really want those. Again I am only going on what i have heard and i do not intend any insult to the sound developer.

4.0 zip file:
www.the-badger.co.uk/swamp.zip

4.0 self installer:
www.the-badger.co.uk/SwampSetup.exe

larger versions with older sounds;

4.0 retro:
www.the-badger.co.uk/SwampRetro.zip

self installer:
www.the-badger.co.uk/SwampRetroSetup.exe

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2022-01-17 13:30:12

Oh yeah aprone released new version so it is time to go back to this game.

2022-01-18 18:00:24

If you do not mind me asking, what is in the new version? Is it just a patch fix?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2022-01-19 03:55:40 (edited by defender 2022-01-19 04:00:18)

@haily_merry
Right?  It seems like the attitude has completely changed from (truck sitters must die!) to (sure go right ahead buddy!). Like to some degree I get this because there are so few genuine newbies now that they can't even find low level missions with other newbies to practice on, and without that they won't be able to level fast enough before they get discouraged without the ability to see cool new maps and equipment, but instead of just taking a handful of the hundreds of cans of diesel fuel they've pointlessly hoarded and running a few for the newbies while teaching them the ropes and at least letting them take a little risk (it's not like they lose much in the beginning if they die anyway), expert players just let them sit there, gaining points, learning nothing, and getting board with the game much sooner because they've barely had to work to earn anything.
I just don't get it.  It's not even helping them. It's just giving them short term rewards. Half these expert players specifically level a newbie to the point where they are able to hand them some cool equipment to play with and inevitably lose within hours at best, because surprise surprise, they don't know how to play the damn game.  Then rinse and repeat until the player gets board in a few weeks and doesn't renew their subscription.  Yeah, great way to rejuvenate the community guys...

Some players just don't get this but they are genuinely trying to be nice.  So yeah that's still annoying but I can't be too upset with them.  Others really should no better and just refuse to listen to the simple logic because somehow denying these players the ability to sit around occasionally checking on the game window while doing other things or listening to the expert player fight is just way too mean.

Back in the 3.5 and earlier days, even the nicest people didn't tolerate truck sitting, not just because it's a lame thing to support and makes for bad multiplayer companions in the future, but also because they realized how much more fun it was to learn properly them selves, yes, even if they died plenty of times at first.
Hell, I always found teaching newbies really enjoyable my self, and it's kind of a challenge in and of it's self to keep them alive while also explaining things to them and trying not to get your shit broken.

And honestly if you feel like the game is so dead that it doesn't matter anyway, than why the hell are you still playing your self?  That my friends is called an addiction, so please go find another hobby for the sake of your own health.

2022-01-19 21:16:26 (edited by amerikranian 2022-01-19 21:16:59)

I think everybody overestimates how much quote unquote sitting you have to do in order to get anywhere. Assuming you are level one, a 10 crate mission can get you to level 10 or so where you can survive longer bouts of zombies. A 30 after that can get you to as far as 25, 30 assuming that somebody allows you to grab a crate and leaves at the very end. If not, it can probably get you through most of the teens. If you can hitch a ride for a 200, which people run on regular basis, that will most certainly put you above 30. That is two, three missions at most before you can start moving around and try and do stuff. Obviously you cannot solo, but if you have like three people on the map you’ll be OK. In minutes, this translates to anywhere between one and two hours, probably less if you are not running a 200. While I agree with people getting to a high level and not knowing what they’re doing, I just wanted to dispel the myth of you waiting for an eternity before you can actually be helpful. As an example, my first 200 crade mission with 180 death bringer zombies happened at level 80. You can probably lower that amount by a bit the more people you have on the map.

2022-01-19 22:47:08

Okay, I understand your points.
But what is a newbie at level 1 with a g19/ax gonna do against a swarm of zombies.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2022-01-20 00:54:43

Okay, I guess I'll spell it out for ya.
I am a level 1 newbie with a Glock, a field kit, and an axe. Somebody offers to run me a 10 crates 180 db ammo. That's at most 7 minutes, and that's if the runner is really bad or the crate spawning bug decides to ruin your day. I go to the back of the truck. There's a 95-99% chance of me surviving this even if I didn't have a Glock, so just with an axe / field kit and 4 med kits (the full kit loadout) for some healing. I don't have to do anything against the swarm because the mission won't last long enough for it to be a problem. After that you an easily buy an MP5 and a few clips of ammo to last through the next, longer tussle. I fail to see your point.

2022-01-20 12:27:43

There's nothing wrong with helping newbies, if you don't want to help them then dont, no one is forcing you to help them, and if you are not going to play anyway(don't know if you are or not) then there's no point in bitching about it.

i have no probs helping newbies, i was helped back when i first started and it made such a difference, just having a few levels with points in speed made it so much better for exploring even just map 1 as could actually get away from swarms instead of being ripped to pieces and having to start over with bbasic gear again. i'm happy for people to trucksit up to a certain point, and am willing to give out advice and gear if a player needs it, i won't just give stuff away to anyone that asks though.
and then if a bunch of newbies all go on a mish together with no clue in what they are doing then it is more then likely they will all just die and lose all the gear they had on them.
once i got some levels and built up confidence i would lead a 10 crate ammo mish with 40 basic zoms and go from there

2022-02-08 02:54:24

Where is the 4.0 changelog?

2022-02-08 05:59:51

Hi all! Personally, I'm not going to sit in a truck all the time. I reached level 16 myself. I'm new at this. after a long hiatus from playing swamp since the free version.
my record was to collect 8 boxes out of ten. It is very difficult to navigate the buildings here. sometimes I want a bazooka in my hands to gouge this building. lol
but in general I'm bored. I don't speak English very well, and since this game is a team game, I can only shoot zombies and collect flies.
It's a shame the game doesn't develop well. there are some permanent fixes and deterioration of weapons, as far as I understood from the list of improvements.

2022-02-08 09:42:29

Orin wrote:

Where is the 4.0 changelog?

This has been posted in post #3,698.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2022-02-08 11:42:56 (edited by Dakonna 2022-02-08 11:43:11)

But honestly just truck sitting for a few levels is the best thing you can do if you're going to start doing missions. Most people do missions with lots of crates and deathbringer zombies, and it's more likely you'll get utterly destroyed trying to find crates yourself because you most likely don't have a full armor set yet if you can't visit all the maps.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2022-02-08 13:28:30

The shift to "trucksit or else" and the massive imbalance between having no skill points and having 5 in speed is a big part of what got me to stop playing during the 3.x era. Sneaking, exploring, tactical decisions about when to use what weapon or playstyle, the struggle to survive but without a huge barrier to bouncing back if you fail, planning and organizing on missions and being able to watch the difference between different strats in realtime... that was all fun, for me.
When things went paid, the playerbase became dominated by power players who never log out, and whose playstyle is necessarily either run around in circles for hours, sit in the safezone for hours, or find a nice swarmy place and slaughter zombies for hours. The game became nearly unplayable without following this strategy. The meta for forts, clans, and other PvP elements are less familiar to me, because the need to alternate between trucksitting and running around in circles invincibly for hours just to be able to participate was nowhere near as fun. It wasn't quite manditory, but it effectively was, and the skills created a huge imbalance that made finding a sweetspot of challenge tedious.
The SCS campaigns to simulate a less trucksitty, less circly experience lack the Finesse that the actual server and active players developed, for things like zombie and loot distribution, the sorts of player activities you'd come across, and teamwork on missions, so such campaigns only go so far.
So yeah, I don't want to sit around for hours to make the game playable, only to have to carefully figure out the ideal distribution of points to avoid skipping the fun valley and going straight from trucksitter to unstoppable superhuman. The higher level zombies might be interesting, but I never got to them before everyone started just armoring up and muting the Deathbringers to do 200 crate missions to level-farm. I don't even know what you gain from it, at that point. Prestige titles? Swapping between hardcore and normal modes more quickly? Does that help with the PvP elements?

So yeah. I appreciate how the 4.0 changelog seems supportive of playstyles other than trucksit -> circles -> slaughter.
So yeah. So yeah. So yeah. Ne?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2022-02-08 15:42:28

Hi all! At Cae: does the map editor work also in this new version of the game? When could I find the editor? Thx!

Claudio

2022-02-08 18:28:56

Probably. I'm not sure if my copy of Drive on this device is giving me accurate links, but if so, https://drive.google.com/file/d/14SJ_xY … p=drivesdk

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2022-02-08 21:30:42

just read the change log, nice clean up.....i will hop back on and check out the survivor mode....aprone is the best

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2022-02-09 21:46:06

Hello to all. How long does the Capture the Flag mission last?

2022-02-10 01:20:29

It doesn’t have a time limit. It ends as soon as one of the teams scores seven points, however.

2022-02-24 16:59:08

can someone tell me what is the name of the song used in the defender map?

2022-08-06 23:56:12

there is a new update of swamp! 4.1 here is the patch and the changelog is there as well. dont be lazy.
https://www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampPatch.zip

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2022-08-07 07:40:13

hi
is there anything written somewhere where can I find a weapon?